“Slim”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #4,511 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The Kings Arms in Shepherd's Market is part of the Taylor Walker company. Serving a wide selection of beers, wines and spirits and a menu filled with delicious traditional British pub food.
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to many pubs in London. I enjoy the old fashioned style with hand pumped ales and British music in background.
This pub is exactly that. It is the bees knees!
Located in a beautiful quiet part of Mayfair it boosts sophisticated cliental, classy drinks and above all cool, fun and good looking staff. Its difficult to get all this in one place in London. But I do believe the Kings Arms has achieved that! A must visit pub.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Prior to mine and my husbands visit we researched a few pubs in the area that would be showing the football and chose this one. First impression included an empty old damp smelling pub, I also had to switch my stool as it was sticky with alcohol on the top. As we ordered a drink, the barman was not very helpful when we were asking the flavours of crisps on offer. When we asked if the volume will be turned up a little when the game started around the football screen area he replied with a simple 'no, if it's just you two then we won't be turning it up' (note that there were no others around the screen area at this point so I didn't see the issue). 20 minutes into the game, there was an overly loud group of men over in the corner which was not appropriate for this pub if they were trying to keep a certain type of image, and more than 11 people people now watching the football, so I ask again, is this enough people to turn the volume up slightly, to which the barman replied, no, i'm not going to turn it up. There was an elderly englishman in front of me who immediately asked the same question, to which the barman replied, 'oh okay you'd like to turn it up', and went away without any hesitation to turn the volume up. I cannot put this down to anything else but a racial action, my husband and I are of indian ethnicity, both born and bred in England, and I am in complete shock in relation to the way we were treated in this pub because of the colour of our skin. In addition, if this pub does not want to accommodate for requests from customers (in particularly from indian people) for something they themselves have advertised on showing, then don't air the football at all, SIMPLE! I made a point of letting the pub and the barman know that this was a racist action and left the pub at half time and went to a much friendlier pub down the road!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Read some of the reviews, disagree, nice friendly staff, Food great value, watched Footy, had a few pints, great atmosphere, and charming bar staff!!

Recommend !!!

1  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Good little pub, was very busy on a Sunday afternoon, didn't have to wait long until we got a table to sit at. . Great bustling atmosphere reasonable prices, bars both upstairs and on ground floor..

2  Thank abers60
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Liked the friendly greeter, good friendly service and the best fish and chips for a long long time. Beer was good too of course.

1  Thank StarryKozel