“great cocktails”

The Bar With No Name
Ranked #346 of 1,300 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I guess we were lucky when we've been to visit this little place the other evening, I have read about long queues to get in all the time, but there were any that night, and we managed to have a little table next the counter where we enjoyed two beautiful cocktails - mine was "Death in Venice", very fine and subtle drink.
Live piano music was playing, which mades all even nicer, and a kind and smiling service on top of all that.
A place with character, where I feel I rightly pay a very well done cocktail.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Not overly impressed by the cocktails taste wise but tried only two anyway. The place is simple but convincing. Seating is not that comfortable.

1  Thank promitheus
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Having visited 'The Bar with No Name' twice now, it's firmly becoming a favourite. As other reviewers have said, it's not someone you'd go all night rather somewhere to start or en an evening with an excellent cocktail or two.
The menu changes so both times I've visited I've managed to have different experiences - Particularly recommend the 'Flamenco' & the 'Bloody Mary'.
Tables are booked for a set time period too, so don't be surprised if you get ushered away after your booking time is out.

BIG improvement however could be on the seating. It's a small space, but I think with a bit more of a creative approach they could get far more comfortable chairs an tables in - it's the only thing that really dampens the experience. If you're tall (like me) get ready for very low tables an having to tuck your legs in weird positions so you can fit!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We went to the Bar With No Name (or 69 Colebrooke Row as many refer to it) a couple of times to taste their amazing cocktails –they truly are something different. The owner is Tony Conigliaro, who is one of the best mixiologists in the world. He has created new flavours and scents, his cocktail making reminds me of molecular cooking like Heston Blumental does.
Yes, the cocktails are pricey, but this is not a place to hang around all evening, its where you start or finish a night. My ultimate favourite cocktail was the Lipstick Rose, a cocktail where they made a ‘stamp’ on the glass with a honey/raspberry flavour, which made it look as if a woman wearing lipstick had already drunk out of the glass. If you drunk it via that stamp, a new flavour was created! It’s all very creative and innovative.

I recommend you go there for a cocktail before dinner at around 5.30, as later on the very small bar gets very busy.

Last Saturday we went back for the cocktail masterclass, which are held regularly and this one was based around gin. We learnt a lot about the history of gin and then we got to make a lot of cocktails ourselves, learning a lot of tips and trics about making a perfect drink. It was a funny, informative and great way too spend a Saturday afternoon, although a tad pricey (£40 per person). This class is highly recommended!

1  Thank Naomi86