“Tiny venue, be sure to book and enjoy some great cocktails”

The Bar With No Name
Ranked #345 of 1,288 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Second time I've been here and it never fails to impress.

Make sure you book ahead as tables and space are at a premium, many groups were being turned away who had not made a reservation, the place is tiny.

Some of the cocktail creations really do stand out, you must try the Prairie Oyster, with its tomato yolk, and the Grande El Presidente was amazing.

Lots to choose from and after two or three you'll leave happy!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Oh my. Simply fantastic tastes, quirky, original and unexpected.

Never having been here before, I ordered a Martini (not listed on the menu but a cocktail bar is hardly likely to refuse) which was well done. My second drink was an Avignon which was fantastic and savoured down to the last sip. My friend had a Terroir which was so good he ordered a second without hesitation. The food, well let's call them them canapés, was also really well done with consideration given to looks, textures and flavours.

The place is down a side street and quite small but this helped generate an atmosphere of intimacy once it started to fill up.

The only warning is the price. £60 for a total of four cocktails and five sides isn't the cheapest. However, the sensory treats were well worth it.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Original and experimental flavours. Tiny space but book in advance. Service was fantastic and knowledgable.

1  Thank Ag1971
Reviewed 19 November 2013

On a recent visit to our son in Islington we were treated to cocktails at this great little venue. His girlfriend pre-booked which is advisable. Not very big, bit like stepping off the street into someone's front room, but full of atmosphere. Feeling of Prohibition days with great in the mood music playing. The waiter was very attentive and helpful, with detailed explanations of how everything was made and prepared. We were treated to complimentary Prairie Oysters, and olives, ham and parmesan cheese to nibble. After a couple of hours we left very happy having tasted quite a range of cocktails between us. My favourite, Sirocco made with vodka which wasn't on the menu that night but the waiter recommended after a quick chat about what I liked. Superb, will definitely book to go back.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a great bar if you know what to expect. It's not a typical "speakeasy" type of lounge. First of all, it's tiny tiny. The seats are not that comfy, the decor won't wow you, the selection is not large. Having said all that, I really loved this bar. The staff doesn't take itself too seriously, but they are serious about making cocktails. There is no flash to the drinks, they are simply, classically prepared -- no cocktails served in teacups here (not that there's anything wrong with that!). Some of the drinks are quite small, but I didn't mind this as we were able to sample every drink on the menu. The night we went there was a pianist and singer, they were marvelous, and we had a wonderful evening.