“All about the money....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Edward Paddington

Hotel Edward Paddington
Ranked #874 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“All about the money....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night , 12 hours in fact from the time i checked in to i left for heathrow eary the next morning. Location is great for this purpose . However this is where the positivies stop. Staff were rude, blamed booking agency and booking agency blamed them. it seemed like they were very money hungry . it cost 75 pounds for a friday night which is not bad in London but you get very little for your money. Room is tiny , lucky i was on my own as there is no way two people could survive in a double room. i had to have my suitcase against the door otherwise i could not even get to the bathroom.. bed is old and past it as the springs poke you at every angle. pillow were wather thin and i asked for extra one and nothing happened not even a sorry we havent got any spare? make sure you read hotels fine print policies as they are very strict on a few things most other london hotels give you. the wi fi was a disgrace as the price was not included in the room rate and you had to pay 2 pounds an hour or 8 pounds for 5 hours. Without wi fi you turn on TV to find it is the most basic channels. So you ask what exactly are you paying for . I have stayed in many London hotels over the last 12 years and this has so far been the worst. Even the one which had bed bugs was a better stay.... For the price you can get better all over London....

Room Tip: Try to get a big one! if they exist.....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hebrew first
Lyon, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed in a family room for three nights, two adults and two teens. We only just fit with a large bag each, ready to go overseas, bathroom is nicely fitted but tight. Good shower, had plenty of room. Issues with water on the last day, it happens. Overall, tight, especially in the bathroom. Great location if travelling from Heathrow, express train just a few minutes away at Paddington Station, 20 mins to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Good location, clean room. You had to pay for WIFI ( 2 ponds for 1 hour). In a modern city as London, they could provide free WIFI with a code. There was also no heating in the bathroom so it was really cold in there. Also asking 5 ponds for keeping the Luggage after check-out was a little disadvantage for me. Overall: good location, good room, extra costs for things that should be offered as services instead of costs (wifi, cloakroom)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Falkirk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

nice hotel small room but ok for one night large bathroom/shower few probs with electric but soon sorted. we were there in November for Remembrance Day so busy time in London Overall hotel was fine but thought it a bit pricey especially with no breakfast included paid £110 for one night. If I had to I would go back to this hotel like most hotels its close to the underground and has plenty of bars & resturants close by. Never saw any staff other than guy on reception.

No double glazing so watch out for the noise from the main road

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

It was my second stay at this hotel as I wanted to give a second chance to it. However my second experience was awful as well. During the first visit in February 2013 airconditioning was not working so it was very cold in the room. Shower was leaking so we had a big puddle in the bathroom. During the second stay in December 2013 we received a room not bigger than 5 sq m, where there are no space for 2 people and bed is very uncomfortable. During the both stays the same receptionist was working who is not passionate about his work.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was our 2nd stay and we paid more than if we'd stayed at other local hotels, based on our previously positive experience during Olympics last July.
On arrival into the room we initially thought "WOW" - as the triple room we'd booked had been apparently upgraded, meaning that our son wasn't sleeping in a bed alongside us, but in his own room in essence as it was almost suite like - with a balcony, his own TV, space, and happy to sleep on the sofa bed that was made up ready. Modern décor, great bathroom (and a fantastic shower & underfloor heating)
What moved our "WOW" to a disappointment, was
- the quality of the bed linen which simply didn't fit across the 2 single beds we had which on first glance looked like a superkingsize - the sheet was simply too small as was the quilt cover - and the bed and actual quilt weren't the freshest...
- the pillow quality was poor - just 1 small pillow each and when I asked for more, I was told there weren't any
- the worst part was when I opened the bedside drawer to find the previous occupants rubbish in there, including screwed up tissue that looked as though it'd been used to clean an ear with...
- the bin in the bathroom hadn't been emptied
- the cups hadn't been washed which only came to light as I managed to stop my son from pouring his juice into one
- an "emergency" light that was right about our bed head, and didn't turn off - meaning that we struggled to sleep and it was bright in our eyes unless we rolled onto our side and had the quilt over our faces.

I did try raising these points with the receptionist but (and I mean this in no racist way) it was difficult to make myself understood - I felt as though I was talking a foreign language in my own capital city! No interest was shown, no care or apologies. At no point was I rude, but as a service manager - I wanted to give them chance to put it right before I left my review.
We had to pay £10 to store our luggage for the day - to be expected, but on return, another receptionist was reluctant to let hubby pick it up and kept challenging him rudely on what he meant by wanting to collect our 2 cases...

Overall, while the room was initially great, and there's no doubting the great location, I wouldn't want to stay here again on the basis of poor service and low cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SLJ69
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Although it could do with having the walls painted, overall it's clean and well decorated. Basic but nice bathroom. The double room is a bit small.
Breakfast is also very good value for money.

Just 2 minutes from the tube and the price was very good.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business