“There are better places nearby”

Hotel Edward Paddington
Ranked #866 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“There are better places nearby”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room wasn't clean.
I saw bugs on the pillow.
The bed sheets were washed but there was a stain on the sheet - possibly just laundry related.
The carpets weren't clean.
The location was good.
When I asked the receptionist for a refund I wasn't offered any alternatives and ended up checking into another hotel down the road.
There are far better hotels nearby that charge less.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vinod V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at a single room. It was very tiny, but very clean and comfortable.
Place is 5-7 minutes walk to Paddington. Hyde park is near by. Receptionist spoke Arabic. Price is as areas average; on higher side.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank Abdulrahman M
Stockport
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having read other reviews of this hotel I wasn't expecting too much but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has obviously been renovated fairly recently and rooms and bathrooms are clean and modern. The rooms are a bit small but for a one night stay like I had that didn't matter much. Very convenient for Paddington Station and Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are just around the corner.Continental Breakfast was a bit limited and the breakfast room is only small but all in all not a bad hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PhilDuff
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice staff. Good beds. Small rooms; we had to walk one at the time. No good place for suitcase. Had to ask for extraclothes hangers. Ok bathroom but no shelf or other conveniant place to put your toiletries - except under the sink. Terible draft from the window - I do not want to stay there in winter. If you are sensitive to noice it is not the place - you here people talking in the other rooms, and traffic outside.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbro60
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We needed a central location for a three day break in London with family visiting from Canada. We found this hotel had helpful staff, clean rooms, and an excellent location. Only negative was the rooms were quite small, but this was not a problem for us as we were out most of the time !!
We found the staff very friendly and welcoming.
Would be very happy stay here again if passing through London

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shaun K
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Location:
I was only staying one night in London in transit. The hotel was in a very convenient location as I had arrived on the Heathrow Express at Paddington station - only a few minutes walk. There were a few assorted shops nearby, but as I arrived late and left early, I did not try anything in these shops. As I left very early the next morning for another train, I didn't use or look at other facilities in the hotel. I did note that they charge 5 GBP for luggage storage (I've never seen a hotel charge for luggage storage before), and they also charge for wifi access (which I didn't pay for as I was only staying the night). The night porter wasn't particularly talkative.
The room:
Single rooms in London are usually small, and this was no exception, although there was a bit more space alongside the empty wall compared with other rooms that I've stayed in. The desk had a small stool, but the space on the desk wasn't really enough to use a computer (I used it to charge my equipment). The window had a nice view of the street outside, although there was a bit of a draft from the window. The wall beside the bed looked as if something was missing (? a painting or something on the wall). I have read other reviews of this property, but I did not have a problem with my room - bed and linen was clean. Sure, the curtains could be cleaned but that's the same in other hotels. There was even a small wardrobe with mirror and hangers - you don't always find this in small single rooms. Again, not huge amounts of storage space but this is expected in these single rooms - and I only had an overnight bag.
The bathroom:
The surprise was the rainwater shower head in the small shower! Plenty of hot water and good water stream. The towel was a little bit thin but otherwise no problems to report.
Overall:
I found the room to be functional for a single room in London in a great location and was perfectly fine for an overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TashfromMelb
Heiloo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night in this hotel. The room we had was extremely small and the bed had a pit in the middle. The staff was unprofessional. The hallways were very narrow which gave us an unsafe feeling. If you do want to stay here you can have a nice breakfast for a reasonable price at Nero's some 100 mtr. From the hotel. All together ones but never again.

Stayed March 2014