“Very good hotel”

Ranked #53 of 1,089 Hotels in London
aberdeen
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Will give a good run to alot of 5 star hotel in london.
Excelent service with 5 star accomodation.
Very good breakfast and room service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fred V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed on business last week for 3 nights.
This hotel was in a good location to reach tube stations and also for tourist sites such as St Paul's and Covent Garden.
The restaurant food for dinner was only average, and really let the hotel down, but breakfast was good.
Quality of the room, bed, and bathroom was absolutley fantastic! Gorgeous interior, well designed, stylish and very comfortable, I had a view of the London eye from my room. There is a gym on site too although I didn't use this on my stay.
The staff were both friendly and helpful.
I would definatley stay again when in London on either business or with my partner.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 'city room' (i think) - it had great views of the London eye! Really can't...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CharCharCharChar
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I were visiting the Royal Albert hall, and needed to stay overnight in London.
After trawling through nearby hotels I luckily came across The Apex Temple Hotel. It was a few stops on the district or circle line via Temple underground station, and I did wonder should I have booked nearer, but it was one of the best decisions I have made when staying in London.
It was a really great hotel, brand new, clean, and with superb staff, who were friendly and helpful and who made our stay really special. Our room had a superb view over the rooftops to The Thames. The area around the hotel is safe and quiet, with some nice pubs to visit on route back to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in London its location and the hotel is superb.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wisteria56
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

We booked in for a conference and were really impressed. The rooms were lovely, staff very helpful and the location excellent. Only gripe was no full length mirror. Access to the executive lounge was really welcome and was very helpful on our last day. Thanks guys, a top place to stay.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank perthtravellor
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Having used Apex Hotels both in Edinburgh @ London over many years, my wife and I recently took the opportunity to spend a weekend break at the newly opened Temple Court. As with other units, service was first class and the quality of our room was excellent. Our continental breakfast had a wide selection and set us up for the day. Having arrived early on the Friday, we were allowed to check in and did notice there was quite a bit of noise coming from a construction site next door. We mentioned this to reception and were advised that this would cease at 5pm and not be continued over the weekend. Alas that was not the case and the drilling commenced again before breakfast on the Saturday. Not sure if double glazing in the room would have helped as it was quite noisy. This was the only negative on what was on the whole a very good stay and we will certainly return to the hotel which has an excellent location (hopefully works next door will be finished by then !)

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alex S
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Apex Temple Court is a relatively new hotel and it ticks just about every box in my view.

Rooms
Standard room was large, airy, nicely decorated, some great touches such as a towel rail you can control yourself, lots of desk space, iPod dock, separate bath and shower, oversized pillows (need to ask where they get these!), a fridge with room for your own stuff and that cools it properly. Also extremely clean - big tick for this. Get the rid of the scatter cushions and I will want to live here! Due to a small issue, I was very kindly moved on my second night to another room which was palatial. All I can say is I had the best night’s sleep in a London hotel I’ve ever had - I am a very light sleeper and was stunned to wake up without having been woken up as it were.

I had two meals on room service – both were delicious and surprisingly reasonably priced for room service. Also a drink in the bar was very pleasant.

I had one small problem while I was here and it was sorted out with great charm by the magnificent Dori on reception. Also incredibly helpful were Shay who managed to create some flexibility on checkout time (thanks, I met my deadline!), and one of the porters whose name I didn’t catch. I spoke briefly to the Manager Karl too, who I guess sets the tone and high standards. This is the kind of thing that really makes a hotel stand out for me.

As a seasoned traveller I know what the pitfalls of hotels, especially London ones, can be, and this avoids them all. As far as I’m concerned it has started off on the right track and the any tiny teething problems are being easily resolved. In my book it earns every single one of its four stars and I hope it’s a great success! Definitely going back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
13 Thank Member100
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Overall this new hotel has a lovely atmosphere, very clean and professional.
Breakfast was rather disappointing , a rather tepid choice on the buffet, but slightly over wrought a la carte.

Luxury would be an stretch. Simply a good high quality room - a bit small but...

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo