Apex Temple Court Hotel
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$491
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$299
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
3,883 results
All reviewsfleet streetcovent gardentemple tube stationchancery laneelemis toiletriesgreat hotelthe club loungepaul's cathedralwalk in showerwest endsuperior roomquiet locationcontinental breakfastshort walktrafalgar squarelarge bathroommodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We had quite a few problems with our booking which we did directly through the Apex web site and after completing the on-line feed back I did receive a very nice reply offering me a free up-grade on my next visit. This was our fifth stay in an Apex hotel and we were slightly disappointed. The first room we were given was very large but had the smallest window I have ever seen and consequently the room was dark and dismal, there was a very long wall area with a dark coloured curtain which made the room seem even darker. The lighting was poor. We requested a different room which was I do not think was handled efficiently and the second room whilst lighter was smaller with no seating area. We accepted this room but were not happy with the cleanliness of the room and the balcony which was dirty, it looked like it had never been cleaned outside. We should have checked the room first but by this time we just wanted to settle in. We also had several other issues which were dealt with but it seemed that no one could take 'ownership' of our problems and everything had to be referred to not one but two other colleagues. There was no duck and I had to ask for this, it is red and compliments my blue and yellow ones a treat. I just felt the usual Apex brilliant customer service was lacking. The location of the hotel is great even on a weekend we found Starbucks, Tesco Express and McDonalds open and the hotel is very close to Blackfriars tube and easy walking distance to the South Bank and St Pauls. We loved the area as it is quiet on the weekend but not desserted. We hope to return and find a better level of customer service and standards. Perhaps we were just unlucky as we had so many problems on this visit. I have never had to complain about Apex before. This hotel is in a lovely position and it is one I would favour over the London Wall and City.

Room Tip: Avoid room 442, there is hardly any natural light as it is a corner room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SueG56
Karl M, General Manager at Apex Temple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear SueG56, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review and for also completing our guest online survey we send out to all guests following their stay. I apologise that we did not deliver the high standard of service you would, and have come to expect from Apex following your previous stays. Generally guests have commended us on the housekeeping of our bedrooms and I’m sorry to read the balcony cleanliness let us down on this occasion.

Fortunately we were fully booked on the Saturday night meaning when you arrived at 11am on Sunday we only had one room available, this enabled us to fulfil your early arrival request. I understand after being dissatisfied with the natural daylight in this room that your room move took a little longer than it would normally due to room availability. I hope my team explained this too you on the day but I would still have liked the matter to have been dealt with more efficiently and understand your frustrations in the time that this took to resolve.

I can give you surety that your feedback has been addressed fully with the relevant departments to insure we avoid a repeat of your experiences in the future. We would be delighted to see you return to Apex Temple Court and allow us the opportunity to prove that this was an isolated incident and that our service is usually of a very high standard.

Many thanks
Karl Mitchell

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Very modern design. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very large (particularly for Europe) - ours even had a balcony. Baths were huge with full shower and separate tub. Quiet neighborhood but central to all with easy tube access. Only drawback is that the immediate area around the hotel is slow on weekends with many restaurant closures (and apex dining is mediocre) but a five minute walk takes care of that. Very happy with our stay.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I stayed weekend. Not a great start when the room we were allocated had a strange location looking directly onto a neighbouring rooms balcony, but we were quickly moved when I complained. The room was really lovely, great bed, huge TV, bath & shower. Breakfast was really good (I won't say expensive because all of London is expensive - especially in the City). Staff were excellent. Whilst we didnt use the bar it looked ok. Location was fine just a 10 minute (easy) walk to Covent Garden (or St Pauls). Would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Our first room was 542 - avoid - looks onto neighbouring rooms balcony - 3 feet away!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raydenham725
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We were in a standard room - 341 - which was fine in size, very light and sunny with two big windows, one of which you could open. It had a huge tv and we liked the bench seating at the end of the bed to sit and watch it from.

The bed was very large and SO comfortable. Lovely soft mattress topper, high quality feather duvets and pillows, so we slept like logs! We had the window open and it was pin drop quiet on a Saturday night! There is air con if you prefer.

Bathroom was good in size. Very large walk in shower, lovely large deep bath and very nice toiletries. The towels were fine but not super delux.

There was an iron/ironing board in the room, plus hairdryer and safe. The fridge had a fully stocked bar - priced as you would expect, we never use them. The beverage tray had lovely biscuits but mean offering of coffee sachets, just two each. Housekeeping bought more very quickly on request but I felt a 'luxury' hotel should offer a few more to begin with! Bottled water, sparkling and still, were in the room.

The corridors were rather dim and dull, grey being the main colour.

All the staff we met were efficient and courteous. We left our suitcase at 9am at the hotel and when we returned to get our room, it was already in the room waiting for us.

There were two pleasant seating areas adjacent to reception. The breakfast room looked fine, we didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

The hotel is in an ideal location for exploring London, visiting the theatre etc. We would stay there again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dedicatedtraveller
Reviewed 16 September 2012

One of the best hotel I've ever been! excellent and warm staff, state of the art technology in very room (flat screen, HD, free wifi), great location in this beautiful city! all my family love it! I was well surprised by the comfort and luxury, in few minutes you get to London Eye, in seconds to River Thames, very close to the tube or bus, in 15 minutes walking distance to Covent Garden

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family