“A real treat”

Ranked #58 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Bath, UK
“A real treat”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Don't normally stay in London hotels but met up with daughter visiting from Australia for a girlie weekend and was very impressed with the location and comfort of the hotel plus the fact that being set back from the road and around a courtyard it was very quiet. Very nice quality and choice for the continental breakfast. Would recommend this hotel and would stay there again if the chance arose. Loved the rubber duck by the deep bath!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking central courtyard may be quieter - ours was quite a walk from the lift so might be...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed here a weekend in November 2012, and were amazed. The hotel is clean, cozy and has exeptionally nice common areas. The room was big, with Bose Ipod docking and a bathroom to die for. The in-room breakfast was great and so were the drinks in the bar. With just a short walk to Covent Garden,this is a gem ! Will definetly be back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights this weekend. Room and breakfast cost us £130/night which is a terrific price for London in a splendid location. The room was a good size, clean and quiet. The bathroom was big with separate bath and shower. All items are of good quality. Staff are friendly and professional. Service excellent. I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I booked this hotel through Avios with part miles and part cash which made it an affordable £100 a night for a family room. I loved the hotel, the decor and the rooms were spotless and brand new. Beautiful bathrooms with good lighting and good quality room service. I'm really fussy when it comes to hotels, why stay anywhere not as nice as your actual home and this one ticked all the boxes. I would book here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The Apex is a trendy, modern hotel that is well-situated for the tourist or business traveler. I stayed there for a month, and it was the best hotel experience I have had in London--not even a contest! I am not breaking new ground by saying that the rooms are clean and comfortable, the bathrooms are spacious (big shower and separate bathtub), and the extras (large plasma TV, Bose iPod dock, etc.) are high-end and very welcome. The bar does a great Tom Collins, LI Ice Tea, etc., and the new menu at the restaurant is excellent, as is the burger and the breakfast.

These are welcome features, but hardly unique. So what sets the Apex apart?

It is the friendly, professional, and classy staff--I have never encountered a better bunch of people. When you are away from home, a few friendly faces can make all the difference. To mention a few standouts who made my stay memorable and bright: Weronika and Sofia are at the restaurant and are energetic and thoughtful; Giussepe at the bar is friendly and fun to talk to; and Danielle at the front desk is warm, smart as hell, and probably able to answer any question you might have about where to go in London, and how to get there. They all give the Apex its style, grace and class. AND these people kept me sane during a tough month of work. Hard to put a price on that one. Next time I am in London, business or pleasure, I know where I will stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is excellent Hotel and one of the best in UK. The staff at the Hotel where so helpful. The Manager Pablo if I do remember his name was 100%. I did lost my credit card and my passport and they did everything to help finding my wallet. Also when I was asking for good steak house they were fast to help and I went to the best steak house in London GAUCHO. The Bose sound system in the room was extra value to have. Next time I go do London I know were to stay, that is for sure.... Best regards from Iceland and looking forward to see you and stay at the Apex Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Paris
Reviewed 7 November 2012

A very well located hotel with many corporate HQ around it, so i am sure they have a great business.
But this is it. Business conveniency.
There is no service. Rooms are functiunal but not even clean. The toilets were not cleaned up when i checked in and got my room... Very bad...
Beds are bumpy. Don't even think of staying with your partner, one would awake the other every time he moves a leg!
Had a window with a view on a ... Wall
They must have deals with the corporates around which must make the occupancy rate good, but otherwise you would want to stay here

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Micha3
Karl M, General Manager at Apex Temple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We are generally very proud of our housekeeping and have a very strict and rigorous checking system to maintain our normally high standards. As you can see from many of our previous reviews we are commended for our levels of cleanliness. I do believe this to be an isolated occurrence; however we take all of our guest feedback seriously especially that of a negative nature so I will send you a message separately to enquire what room you occupied.

Apex has rarely received any negative feedback regarding our beds in the 7 years we have been purchasing the same specification. A large number of guest even request the name of the bed and supplier to purchase one for their home. We also used mattress topper/comforters to enhance the comfort and with the beds here at Temple Court only being 8 months old I am somewhat surprised to read your comments regarding your bed being bumpy.

Unfortunately we do have a number of rooms with no view but this is largely outnumbered by the rooms with good views into our courtyards the Inner Temple and across London.

Set within the very peaceful and historic Inner Temple located just off Fleet Street, with easy access into the City and only a short walk to the West End our hotel is suitable for either business or leisure in terms of product and location.

Many thanks for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards