“As good as ever....”

Ranked #53 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Hastings, United Kingdom
“As good as ever....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

This was my third stay at Temple Court and it was as good as the previous times I visited. The room was booked through "hoteldoorman.com" (who I found by chance) at the special rate of £128 including continental breakfast which I thought was a fantastic bargain.

The first time I stayed the hotel was brand spanking new and it still feels as fresh as it did then. The room was lovely, in fact at first glance I thought I'd been given an upgrade - I'd forgotten how gorgeous the rooms are.

Service generally was first class and it makes a difference that reception staff remember guests names when they are approached. I had dinner with a friend in the restaurant and the food was delicious as was breakfast.

The one negative comment this time is that the bathroom was very cold. I was there recently and the temperature outside was freezing. The bathroom windows were not double glazed and the heated towel rail was not sufficient to heat the bathroom when it was so cold. This of course only applies in the winter but I did find that a little disappointing not to say uncomfortable - although it wouldn't stop me going back.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom heating if you are staying during winter!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

A short walk from Covent Garden, yet quiet and relatively 'tourist free'. Very Austin Powers inspired decor, cool and trendy. Excelllent breakfast, great service both at reception and breakfast room. Stylish room. Immaculately clean. Excellent , wireless and free(!) internet connection, so great for work. No leisure facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

What does make a Hotel Great place to stay. Is it great technology or great ambiance that makes a Good hotel Great?
But I think the greatest quality of a hotel is its customer service and the treatment that you give to your customers which makes Apex Temple court a great hotel.

This is my second visit to the hotel and the awesome experience started from day one.
I got a free upgrade for my entire stay and they took every care to make me feel comfortable.

During my stay i felt homesick and wanted Indian food for breakfast. They didn't have any Indian food in the menu but they made an special effort for me and provided me with Indian dosas.

Every service takes an average of 5 mins which is really exceptional.

I enjoyed every moment of my stay.I had a choice of crowne plaza, club quaters or hIlton to choose from but i chose Apex Temple court and think its one of the best choices we have made.

Room Tip: Take the ground floor .They are bigger.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PD007
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed 1 night in the Apex Temple Court as we had booked to go to the Haymarket Theatre. I booked the hotel as I had visions of an evening stroll along the Embankment and pleasant walks to Covent Garden, trust me to rely on the British weather. The Hotel is in a great location even if the weather is too cold to walk. Hop on a choice of buses and in 10 minutes you can get to Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden etc. The Tate Modern is a 10 minute walk away across the Millennium Bridge.
I had upgraded to a Junior Suite but upon arrival there was some confusion regarding the booking. I’d received an upgrade option email from the hotel and I booked and paid for the upgrade with Central Reservations, who at the time knew nothing about the upgrade price stated on the email that I’d received. When we arrived at the hotel I was asked to pay for the upgrade once again as the hotel had no confirmation from central reservation that I’d paid. Despite this we checked in and by the time we checked out they had resolved the issue.
The hotel is quiet and just far enough away from the really busy London streets. It’s a quiet inner sanctuary which automatically relaxes you and is very much appreciated after a busy day. The room was great, quiet, contemporary and well worth the money. I’ve stayed in quite a few London hotels and paid far more for far less. I also like the fact that checkout isn’t until 12, which allows for a nice relaxed unhurried start to your day.
I guess the only minor grudge I have is queuing for breakfast the following morning. We waited about 10 minutes to be seated. However, once seated the service was quick and the choice and quality of food on offer was good. All staff were friendly, polite and wore a welcoming smile the whole time we were there.
To summarise, a quality hotel, in a good location at a great price. Well done Apex
Would I stay again…….You bet ya!

Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Great service, fabulously comfortable bed and good bathroom. Our second visit and we have already booked for another visit in April. The staff are attentive without being intrusive and attention to detail is superb. Free Wifi is very fast. The 12.5% service charge on drinks from the bar is annoying but apart from that, a real treat to stay.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for my birthday and had a great time. We had organised for a few friends to join us in the bar first and the staff were excellent in sorting us all out. They were suitably attentive and friendly without being overbearing. The room was lovely, very clean and well appointed - a proper, good-sized TV and a great Bose dock. Breakfast was sumptuous and just what the doctor ordered. I would definitely stay here again for that extra bit of class.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Lovely hotel
We are from North London but like to stay uptown after theatre breaks
Couldnt fault it. We we given a free upgrade. By London standards the room was large well appointed and quite luxurious.
Prices for the room, breakfast and the bar werent cheap but for this standard in central London it was a bargain.
Staff were lovely (a bit over the top at reception).
Really great location for theatre and Covent Garden shopping.
Excellent would stay again