“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #59 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Baltimore, MD
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a great hotel. The front desk staff work hard to make your visit pleasant, providing excellent recommendations for dining, making theater reservations, and arranging airport transfers. The hotel is located within easy walking distance to the theater district and Covent Gardens. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked a couple of months in advance and got a great deal for only a fraction more than a premier inn. What an elegant funky place to stay. Loved location, walked everywhere. Loved the Elemis toiletries the bed, bathroom, decor, everything! Then we got a ten pound voucher to spend on drinks! Fab!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Juze95
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Loved my stay at Apex as the facilities were very clean and modern. The staff is top-notch and very accommodating. I returned here as I loved my last visit back in December 2012. I'd definitely return.

The only drawback is the location (in the financial district), but good working knowledge of the public transit will help you get past that indeed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this hotel twice now. The location is absolutely fantastic, just a walk from everywhere we wanted to go. We first stayed in a double room, then for our second stay we were in the suite.

The facilities are excellent and we made use of the room service. The suite was absolutely breathtaking and to be honest, I didn't want to leave. The little touches in the APEX are great- for example, each stay you can take an APEX rubber duck, in order to take the most interesting picture of it and enter a competition for a free stay.

The breakfast is in fact one of the best breakfasts I have ever had- you can tell the products are of the utmost quality. During one of our stays, we dined in the restaurant for dinner. Again, the food was exceptional.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and make sure you sample the breakfast!

This hotel will always hold very special memories for me, so my boyfriend and I will certainly return in the future.

Room Tip: The suites are absolutely stunning!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel, and again have been impressed with the high levels of customer service, friendliness and helpfulness of staff. The hotel is in a great location with great transport connections and within walking distance of Covent Garden, St Pauls, The River etc. Rooms are very comfortable and decorated to a high standard. Breakfast was fantastic, try the eggs benedict, yum! Definitely our favourite in London and what now feels like a home from home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed in the Apex overnight on a weekend close to Christmas. Hotel is lovely, clean, staff are friendly and our room was fab. Nice and big, huge bed, a view of the London eye all lit up at night with a big, clean bathroom. Had a fantastic lazy bath with a coffee! We both slept really well and would definitely stay again. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food, but we had £10 off at the bar given to us at time of booking, so my husband enjoyed some free beers in the little bar area.
We walked to Covent Garden and the Lycemum theater (which was why we were in London) in minutes and it was easy to catch the tube, great location. We got it on a money off offer which made it fantastic value too. All in all loved my Christmas trip to London and the Apex/

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel is fabulous. It was gorgeous and comfortable, the staff was friendly and sweet, and it is in an excellent location. You can walk to numerous tube stations, but I walked everywhere! I walked to Oxford Circus, Picadilly Circus; Covent Square - all on different days. I took a tube to South Kensington, a tube to Portabello. So easy to figure out!

The hotel itself has a fabulous bar downstairs, and the friendliest bartenders.

I really cannot say enough about the fabulousness of this hotel, I felt very lucky to have stayed here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business