“Excellent service”

Apex Temple Court Hotel
Ranked #63 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had a lovely weekend at this hotel with friends. Restaurant service attentive without being intrusive, food excellent. Breakfast beats Hilton, fresh, well cooked food. Modern and very clean bedrooms, friendly helpful reception. A little gem in central London. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Refurbished hotel, all rooms modern. Excellent sound proofing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I recently travelled to this hotel to attend a business meeting in the vicinity. On my arrival, I found to my delight that I was upgraded to a suite. This was superb - it was on the top floor, with views of historic buildings in Temple. The suite was comprised of a living/study area, ensuite cloakroom, massive bedroom and fantastic bathroom with a big bath with a view(!), and a separate huge rain shower. There were Elemis products and fluffy dressing gowns and slippers. there was also an array of magazines in the room. As I was travelling on my own, and had significant work to do, the space didn't mean as much to me as it might have otherwise. However, it was fantastic to have a separate work area. I also ordered room service which was superb. The bed was superb. I struggled slightly with working the remotes for the two different TVs, but I think this was my own technological inadequacy!
Location wise - this was excellent. It is located in historic Temple, which is near St Paul's tube, Temple tube, and Chancery Lane. It is perfectly situated for those attending legal meetings, or court hearings in the Royal Courts. I would recommend it to clients who want to stay in that area.
The only negatives: it is not cheap. I certainly would not have paid full price for the suite! Also, I have deducted one point for service as I struggled out the door with a heavy document bag, laptop bag, and overnight case and no one helped me. This was despite me telling the reception staff when I was checking out that I had only recently returned from maternity leave, and had had a hard time etc. Given I was obviously having difficulty getting through the door with my luggage, I would have thought a staff member could have assisted. That is the only negative, however. Apart from that service was superb and the upgrade was an amazing touch. I hope to be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Unlike many London Hotels the Apex Temple is very modern and up market. We booked a Superior King Room and boy was it spacious. The staff were very friendly and the facilities and location the best I have experienced in London. Found our forever hotel in London.

Room Tip: Choose 032 on the ground floor.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Got this hotel at a much reduced price so well worth the money to treat my hubby on Valentines. I upgraded to a superior deluxe room which gave us extra space (sofa/table & chairs and an extra 40 inch TV in a separate area) for the same price as a standard twin and also got access to the club lounge which meant free drinks (beer/wine/soft drinks and the usual teas and coffees) and snacks and contintental breakfast in the morning included in the price of the upgrade.
Staff were very amenable and attentive, room was very clean, bed was comfy and Elemis products in the bathroom (large with separate walk in shower as well as a deep bath). Very modern hotel - good for business trips or like us a weekend treat. Did not stay for dinner or use the main bar so cannot comment on those but the dining room looked full in the evening. I would go back if we could get the same price again as it was value for money.

1  Thank Tracey D
Reviewed 18 February 2014

December 2013, My boyfriend and I needed a hotel for New Years Eve, and the Apex delivered. Very well appointed with a wonderful soaker tub (great after those long cold rainy days spent traversing across London) and a pleasant, friendly, and helpful staff. The only down-side of the hotel was it was quite a distance from the nearest Underground station (Temple), but, it was only a stone's throw from Twinings, so it's a fair trade-off I guess...lol!! Actually, the location was perfect for New Years Eve, since it was a relatively short walk from the festivities at Victoria Embankment (and as they had shut down the Underground that evening, it came in very handy.) Would both recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Brilliant location on the edge of the City and only a short walk from the West End. Very quiet and our 4th floor room had a fabulous view of the Eye, Big Ben and other London landmarks. Contemporary, well equipped and comfortable. We booked room only as there are plenty of places locally to get a better value breakfast. At check in we enquired about staying an extra night but with a quote of £220 for room only on a Sunday night there is better value to be had for a last minute booking in London.

1  Thank MidSussex
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our month long Europe trip. We wanted something in the middle of London and we didn't mind spending a little extra after being on a tight budget for the rest of the trip. I have to say, this lived up to all the expectations! We were given a free upgrade on arrival, and given that it was relatively cheap (for how good it was) that was definitely an extra bonus. The huge walk in shower and bath were perfect to relax in and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We didn't utilise any of the facilities (including breakfast) so we can't comment on that, but we'd definitely stay here again if/when we go back to London. Location wise as well is fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple