“Such a friendly hotel”

Apex Temple Court Hotel
Ranked #67 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hotel well placed in east central London near St Pauls with easy access to nearby sites of interest and also with many good restaurants nearby. Very clean comfortable rooms with excellent helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,774)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed at the Apex Tower hill last time and decided to try the Temple court hotel. Found a great rate online so booked over the phone and they matched the rate. Upon arrive I thought I has walked past it so called the hotel and they directed me to the entrance (very helpful!) the hotel is set back from the main road which makes it quiet inside. Check in was so quick and the staff were extremely friendly and courteous.
Room was spotless with the bathroom having a separate LARGE bath and shower. Bed was ever so comfy and the room was well laid out. A/C Unit in the room was good as the sun shone in the room during the day making it quite warm.

The hotel is situated approx 10 min walk from Blackfriars tube station however being on the circle line it means a few changes if you want to see the sights. The hotel is situated perfectly for St Paul cathedral (10 min walk) from there on you can cross millennium bridge to the south bank - Tate Modern, Globe, Borough Market etc.

Breakfast in the morning was really good. We had a continental included in the price however when we got to the breakfast room we were offer a cooked choice for an extra £5 each - we took this offer up and was worth it. Lovely sausages, bacon, beans ... the works...

Cant fault these hotels so far and will always look to return to the Apex is the price is right.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boodi88
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Apex Temple Court. We stayed for 2 nights with a larger group, as my partner and two of his friends were running the London Marathon. The hotel was ideally situated to access the Embankment and Temple tube station to watch the action!

The decor is contemporary, with various, subtle gestures to historic London. The rooms are well appointed; we chose to upgrade to a superior room (425) and were not disappointed! The room was a good size (for London!), quiet and included 2 televisions, a separate seating area, a large walk in shower and a free standing bath! We made use of everything in the room - aside from the mini bar! The super king size bed was unbelievably comfortable - probably one of the best I've slept in!

The staff were polite, efficient and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. We used room service for breakfast the first morning, as my partner needed to eat very early due to running the marathon; breakfast is available 30 minutes sooner via room service than the restaurant. Although slightly later than the time requested, the member of staff who delivered room service ensured that our breakfast was served on one tray (reducing the cost) and even returned 30 minutes later with fresh, hot toast for me as I couldn't eat as soon as I woke up!

We received the same impeccable service in the restaurant the following morning and although we had continental breakfast included in our rate, we both opted for eggs benedict. This was only £5.00 extra each and was delicious! My only gripe - the tea in the restaurant is awful! It's incredibly weak. I should have returned it, but I really couldn't be bothered with the effort, especially when I knew I could have a nice cup of Twinings English Breakfast Tea back in my room! The orange juice made up for it though - it was very good quality and really refreshing!

All areas of the hotel were spotless and well maintained - even the outdoor seating area. However, this can become slightly precarious, as the majority of seating is located in the centre of the drop off point, so there are often taxi's collecting/dropping off guests. The car park is also next to the seating area. Although, it is a courtyard, so they do drive very slowly.

The only minor negatives are as follows: we were not offered a bottle of complimentary Prosecco for my partner running the marathon (it was his first), when both our friends were (they booked directly with the hotel, but we booked via a travel agent; although this shouldn't make a difference) and the bar was closed by 2300hrs Sunday evening. Presumably due to trading laws, but it was a first for me, as most hotels generally keep the bar open or at least allow you to order from the bar menu after hours. We wanted to continue our post-marathon celebrations, but had to cut it short as we were unable to obtain a nightcap! Also, the bar is very small and cannot accommodate many people.

All in all, a very good stay and I think we we will stay with Apex again - especially as you get a cute free rubber duck!!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor (away from the lifts) at the side of the building as opposed to overl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KentishBullies
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel is in a quiet side street just off Fleet Street, with theatres and Covent Garden a short walk away. It takes about 25 minutes to walk to London Waterloo Station or 5 minutes in a taxi.
I booked a twin room, which was overlooking the inner courtyard and extremely quiet for a London hotel.
I was offered a reduced rate upgrade, but no twins are available in the larger rooms. The room was well presented, with water and tea making facilities, robes and slippers. The room and bathroom were very clean, but one of the beds had a stained bedcover, draped over the end of the bed, which spoilt the overall impression.
We ate in the hotel restaurant. There were not that many people eating in but the hotel was full. The service was excellent, but the food was not that wonderful. I had the belly pork which was cooked but not very hot on arrival. I would not have it again. My friend had pasta, which she enjoyed.
When I checked out, I was asked whether I wanted a paper receipt or an email receipt. Ask for the paper. I didn't and found when I got home that the charge for the meal was about £20.00 more than I had signed for the night before. It would have been handy to find that out while I was still at the hotel.
For the location and sleep quality, I am giving 4 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks the courtyard, for a lovely quiet night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, and we were very impressed. The hotel is very modern and stylish. Location wise it was ideally situated as you are far enough out not be on top of all the attractions but you are close enough to be able to walk to most of them. Temple tube stop is only a short walk away.

The room was lovely, with all the mod cons you could possibly want and with gorgeous squishy pillows and snuggable duvet.

A great place to go for a special reason.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

great location, lovely hotel , amazing staff, took upgrade to a junior suite, room lovely, had a problem in the club lounge,being a bit untidy, but staff dealt with this immediately and for the rest of our stay very pleased with all facilities, I would say the staff are exceptional which I have never said before, so go and stay here

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aliaksandra J, Rooms Division Manager at Apex Temple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I was so pleased to hear that you liked our location and one of our Junior Suites and were impressed by the staff, many of whom have been with us since opening over two years ago. Their passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed guest expectations at every encounter is what we pride ourselves on. However I was naturally concerned to read that you found our Club Lounge untidy and would like to sincerely apologise for this shortfall in our usually high standards. Please be assured that our Food and Beverage Manager will deal with this matter.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kindest Regards,

Aliaksandra

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stay here for three night . Location is great . Within walking distance to most attractions . Or you can just catch the bus next to hotel to go anywhere . Tip for first time travelers to London. If you're planning to go around by public transportation , you need to buy an Oyster card . You can not use cash in the bus . You can buy those at any convenient store .

• Stayed: December 2013