“Silk and Polish!”

Apex Temple Court Hotel
Ranked #64 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 May 2014

For those of you that loved 'Silk' this is the perfect place. Situated just a short walk from Lincolns Inn Fields and all the resplendent glory of the surrounding chambers, gardens and of course the Knights Templar church. However, this is all a pleasant bonus, the real find is the hotel itself, ultra modern, efficiency our European cousins would be proud of, clean and I would recommend paying a little extra for the deluxe rooms which are brilliant. This hotel is so good I really didn't want to write this, but instead wanted to selfishly keep it to myself! Finally, don't forget it's only a ten minute walk to theatre land.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,691)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked the Apex for one night in March as we were in London for a show, so wasn't too worried where we stayed, but as it turned out we had found a little gem! The room was spotlessly clean and modern, The bed was very comfortable and the hotel wasn't noisy.The staff were attentive and pleasant.We have stayed in more expensive hotels in London that have not been as good value, and will definitely stay here again when we come to London.The only little niggle would be the breakfast room didn't have any windows where we were sitting and it seemed a bit claustrophobic, but really that was not enough reason to put us off!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helymely
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay here with work on occasion and am always made to feel welcome by the helpful and courteous staff. Good location for the city and always clean and comfortable. Very good for business visitors or couples. Recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for nearly a month. The staff was excellent. They were very helpful with loaner plugs since I unfortunately fried mine twice during my stay by my own errors.
Nice furniture and clean. I will say for the cost of this hotel it would be great if they worked on soundproofing walls or windows. There was a lot of construction going on outside, so when I checked out for a holiday I asked if I could get a different room when I returned. The booked me on the top floor on the left side of the building. It was notably much quieter and had an amazing view of the Eye and parts of parliament.
The restaurant while a bit expensive is wonderful. They serve past the time when the pubs close which was by 10:30PM the latest in the Fleet Street area.
The hotel is in walking distance to St. Paul’s Cathedral, Embankment and Covent Garden is a slightly longer walk. Everything closes early in this area as nobody really lives on Fleet Street so if you want dinner in that area think about it earlier rather than later. Otherwise be prepared for a walk to find food.
Overall, this is a great location. Boots Pharmacy (open to 7PM) is on Fleet Street as well as two Starbucks and misc other places to eat (most close around 5 or 6). The only other con I would share is seen in most hotels in London, is that the water is rather hard. It would be great to find a place that uses water softener to make that a better experience. I loved my stay in the UK , but I don’t miss that heavy, sticky hair feeling! I stayed with friends outside of the city a few times during my stay and the water was noticeably very different.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sharla S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked a Superior King Sized Bedroom for the Saturday (£164) and Sunday (£131) nights of the late May Bank Holiday weekend, which we thought good value (ex-breakfast). Suspect its location makes it more of a business hotel than a holiday-makers place, so if you are looking for quality and value it makes sense to check this place out for weekend breaks.

Very quiet rooms if you ask for one that faces onto the courtyard and our 5th (top) floor had a great view of the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye to the south-west Large and comfortable bed, large rooms and bathrooms for a London hotel and very clean and modern.

Service was a bit slow given it was quiet, so that might be an issue as it is a large hotel when full (180+ beds) but otherwise no complaints. Breakfast and dinner quite expensive if not in your room rate, but not untypical for hotel restaurants. The Eggs Florentine were excellent and could have fed two.

Samuel Pepys's House is a short walk away - well worth a wander around - and St Paul's Cathedral also within walking distance. The West End is only a short tube or bus ride away and the location is very handy if flying in our out of London Gatwick, as a quick and direct link is available from nearby London Thameslink or Blackfriars stations. One of our better London hotel experiences for little more than a Premier Inn. Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms than face into the Courtyard are very quiet, especially the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Apex for 5 nights and loved it!

The hotel is centrally located with 5 bus lines available right at the entrance. I was skeptical about riding the bus, but they are very timely and came frequently. The location can't be beat-- you're within walking distance to many top sites or just minutes anywhere else via Tube and/or bus.

We had access to the Club Lounge with was great-- complimentary beverages for the entire stay as well as breakfast every morning. We made fairly good use of the lounge.

The staff at the Apex is top-notch. Always warm, helpful, and unharried.

We upgraded to a deluxe room and had a balcony with a view of the courtyard. The bathrooms are huge-- with tubs and showers. Beds are very comfortable.

The grounds are also very beautiful and full of history. If you walk through the courtyard, there are many alleys and lanes behind the hotel that tell their own history.

I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet. Street side has an ample amount of traffic during the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

walk down Fleet Street and you could miss this hotel tucked in a little courtyard.
This is a modern hotel and the rooms are spacious and well thought out.
Staff were friendly and although our rooms were not ready on arrival our luggage was in the room when we got back from a short walk.
We had a room at the back and it was very quiet not even noise from other guests in the corridor etc.
Hotel is in a good place as its a short walk up to Covent Garden and the theatres.
Would I stay again - most definitely