“Weekend trip well worth it”

Apex Temple Court Hotel
Ranked #58 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Apex Temple Court Hotel for the weekend of London Film Comic Con when we booked the hotel we asked for an upgrade to a superior room with a free standing bath, which the hotel staff were more than helpful.

When we arrived in the room we were shocked on how amazing the room was, we had a lovely sofa and two televisions one near the bed and the other next to the sofa. Then we got our free standing bath which my partner was very happy with.

Beds were very comfy, staff very friendly ordered some room service and was very pleased with our stay and would defiantly return to this hotel.

The only thing I would say about the hotel is the location it is near the strand but the hotel was expensive so we were looking for food places but being the weekend most places are closed so we had to either go further to London or order room service, which was a bit annoying but we still enjoyed our stay and will return if you want to splash out I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: ask for the room with a free standing bath it is very big
1  Thank David K
There are newer reviews for Apex Temple Court Hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed in too many hotels to count in London and usually disappointed. The Apex, did not.
Location was good, straight onto Fleet Street and if you're a bit of a city walker you can access St.Paul's, Trafalgar Sq, South Bank and Covent Garden all in under 20 mins in each direction.

I was offered the opportunity to pay for an upgrade at a discounted price before I arrived via email which I took and got a fabulous room on the top floor. Great bed which was very comfortable, massive bathroom with bath and shower, sitting area, big tv's with all Sky Cable available, fast wifi, plenty of light, nespresso ... I can't say enough, I could have moved into this room and as I was staying for 5 nights, it helped me both work and relax. The room was absolutely silent within ... no noise from outside or other guests.

Staff were excellent and a credit to the management.
Certainly going to be my first choice on a return to the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BackinthUK
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at the Apex Temple Court in late May of this year

Overal the hotel was as follows

Rooms:
Very nice size, had all conveniences you need, bathtub, quite facing the courtyard, nice shower, comfortable bed. Very very clean and new looking.

Restaurant
Great breakfast that can be included in room, ask the front desk and they will give you a 20% discount. We mostly ordered a la carte. Service in the restaurant was good, quality of food was good. Modern design, nice atmosphere

Bar
The bar was a nice design, comfortable but the service was a little lacking for a luxury hotel. We often waited 10-15 min to even get someone to notice us...even when it was empty. Bar staff were too into talking to each other and not minding the guests. When they did come to the table were pleasant and courteous, drinks were also good. Some challenges with the english language and what was on their menu though.... which is funny considering its London :)

Location
Like other guests noted, it was very quiet at night and all the surrounding lanes and parks were very quaint. Walking back at night it feel like one was escaping from the crazy of traffic and other tourists nearby. Two major tube stops were a 5 min walk away. The only complaint I had is that it was a very busy business district to no real great restaurants nearby for dinner, mostly pubs or lunch type take out places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kikivancouver
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My first visit to this hotel. It's location off fleet st was excellent. Check in fast and efficient. The room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom very clean with great bath and separate shower.
I
Booked it threw ebookers using my your points, it's was a little expensive at £225 but Thursday night in London late notice, in July....
Beds were excellent and free Wi-fi .
Running short on time pre show my friend and I decided to eat in the hotel.
£100 for two including drinks was ok but the service was not to great.
First of all the waitress handed the menu to me rather than my lady friend, a trivial detail but simple manners.
Menu knowledge was poor and slow.
When the food came it was good but I'd ordered the special, the rack of lamb, I ask for mint sauce. Too late to change.....
Why offer lamb without mint? Run down the road to sainsburys, anything but the blank look I got.
It's really let the hotel down.
That said the food was good.

The rest of the hotel was great, the finishes were superb.
I stopped for a night cap before retiring and the service was excellent.

Would recommend to stay but not sure whether I'd risk the restaurant again with so much choice in London. Only get one chance to make a first impression

Peter B

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Following a two week European holiday, I can't say enough about both the Apex Hotel and its staff. Fellow New Yorkers might find the Apex comparable with the trendy Ace Hotel, at least we did. European accommodations are small, bottom line, but the Apex offers tremendous comfort in their floor plan. The bathroom was glorious and it made getting ready for big nights out a true pleasure. My fiancee and I were especially grateful for the hotel bar. The city of London closes down by 11 pm, generally speaking, but our hotel was always serving drinks, playing the World Cup games, and bringing together interesting travelers. Accommodations and night life scene aside, the staff here are truly worthy of this five star rating. Attentive, thoughtful, friendly, and informative are just a few defining adjectives. Ben Pope and Daniel O'Mahoney were two of our favorites. Tip: Don't visit any of the tourist sites without a visit to Daniel, he knows all the tips and tricks to make the best use of your valuable time...and they work.

1  Thank Jenielle A
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is well located and offers friendly service from their staff and well sized rooms. We stayed 5 nights in a very comfortable deluxe double room, providing that extra space. Close to Covent Gardens, the theatre district, the Thames and St Pauls makes Apex close to many landmarks. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Go with a court yard view room & add the "cub option" for snacks and drinks thought th...
3  Thank Steven B
Reviewed 11 July 2014

If I was able to pack up this hotel and bring all the employee's & room home with I would! I can't explain enough how the Apex Temple Court Hotel was one of the best hotels I ever stayed in London and would certainly recommended it. The room rate is a little high but I am from NJ and always stay in NYC and the pricing was exactly the same. Its not the price that gets me, its the quality of luxury, pleasant, cleaniness which I look for. If your planning to book a trip please remember this hotel: Apex Temple Court Hotel, London UK

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends