“Horrible food”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Horrible food”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a KGBdeal for a three course meal. It was one of the worst that we have had. The fish soup starter that I had was ok but some of the seafood was off. My boyfriend ordered the rump steak to be medium rare but it came out well done and with a weird sauce. My dish (rice and vegetables) came out looking like vomit on a plate and it tasted like it. The starter and mains put us off desserts, which were poor too. Definitely not returning, even with a deal!

The only good part of the dinner was that the waitress was really nice.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jpangable

London, United Kingdom
“Wow - what a surprise this place is”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We came on a voucher, but as we keep finding, this was a great way to try new places that we otherwise would not have explored. Whilst it claimed to be in Camden, it was on the very edge, and actually closer to Kings Cross. Then we struggled to find it, not expecting it to be a traditional pub (on the outside), but we sussed it... & so glad we did! Our deal was for a giant pizza... & that was no exaggeration - you get to choose 6 savoury and 1 sweet toppings... & then it comes out as a huge pizza - two big for two people - with segments of the 6 toppings you had chosen... with the most amazing sweet topping (we chose chocolate & coconut) which was simply amazing. Around the sides we had everything from 4 cheeses, pepperoni, spicy chicken, beef strogonoff & two others that I forget. This was quite a spectacle... but also incredibly tasty. We washed it down with a decent bottle of Chilean Merlot. And the service was really good - a very attentive lady - food was reasonably quick to come (about 20 minutes)... & the pub was quite busy, so a nice busy atmosphere, with big screens showing South American soccer matches. We will definitely come back...

• Visited April 2013
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Exellent - in every way! Reccommend :-)”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I dined here with family and friends (3 adults & 3 children using Groupon) the night before I ran the London marathon. We received a lovely warm welcome and fantastic friendly service all night. The friendly waitress took time to explain the menu and recommended cocktails - my wife and her friend had a giant passionfruit cocktail to share - absolutely delicious, sweet and tart and nicely alcoholic! I had the seafood soup to start - incredibly fresh and tasty with lovely chunks of seafood, prawns, squid, mussels etc. We also had lovely fresh nachos with home made salsa & guacamole and a very impressive chicken caesar salad. For mains it was 5 rump steaks, cooked just as we asked and with lovely sauce and salad, and a griddled pork dish which was equally delicious, We ordered extra sides of fat chips, polenta chips, cassava chips, rice and lovely beans, plus a side of crispy fried cheese balls. Desserts were fabulous and all home made, a delicious rich and gooey chocolate cake, creme caramel and ice cream.
We had to leave early evening, just as a live singer/guitarist was setting up - would have loved to stay longer on another occasion.
Our first meal in a Brazilian restaurant, and one to remember - this was the real deal, genuine authentic Brazilian experience - Obrigado Canecao!

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ignore the moaners”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Like many others, I had purchased a Groupon voucher that allowed four of us to dine for £40. Given the volume of moaning below, we were unsure what to expect. Thankfully our experience proved to be highly enjoyable.
The starters of dough balls and feta salad were well presented, tasty and a good size. The rump steak (cut into strips and served with a dark, rich sauce) was cooked exactly as we asked and the quality of the meat was good. Dessert was something we hardly needed after two good sized courses, but having paid for it we enjoyed a selection of sweets that were again well presented and enjoyable enough.
The service was friendly and prompt throughout and whilst it may not come across as a classic Brazilian venue (and initial visual impressions certainly wont blow you away), the new management's efforts to add a touch of Brazil to what was previously a very grimy pub is fairly endearing.

• Visited January 2013
“Poor service Food ok”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We had 8.30pm dinner reservations on arrival we were lead to a table the was not ready for us the waitress had us standing around whilst she cleaned it we asked if there was somewhere to hang our coats only to be told hey had no facility for this and to hang on the backs of our chairs i found out before i left they had a cloakroom!! once seated we ordred drinks which whilst we looked at the menu as we did this 3 different waitresses came to take our order,so order made starters came which to be fair where good then we got totally forgotten about we waited 45 mins for our main course to arrive people who arrived and ordered food after us had food before us. There was a german couple who arrived an hour after us and seated on the next table who were just seated and again forgotten about when they finally did get to order their food came followed by their drinks order 15 mins into their main course as we sat waiting. I had to ask if the music could be turned down as my husband sat across the table from me couldn't hear me and i had to shout for him to which didn't go down very well, my husband finished eating before i did and a waitress offered him the desert menu as i still sat eating the main course which again to be fair was really good.
All in all really good food but the worst service i have ever had so for that reason despite the good food i won't be going back!!!

• Visited January 2013