“Dinner with the girls :))”
Review of Canecao - CLOSED

Canecao
Price range: US$26 - US$33
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner with the girls :))”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is the second time we have visited this restaurant and were not disappointed. We purchased a kgb deal for 4 people which included a 3 course meal each for £39. The food was excellent as usual as well as the cocktails and service. There was a slight mix up with our drink order which wasn't a problem and were given shots on the house :)

We will definitely return in the future as the chicken caesar salad and steak were among the best I have eaten for a while.

Brilliant job Canecao - 10/10!!

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Good tasting Brazilian food in a pub environment”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Came here for the first time with a non-Brazilian friend and we really enjoyed it. They serve good simple Brazilian food. Food presentation was good, better than some other more well-known Brazilian restaurants in London. Service was a bit slow, however the waiter was really friendly. I'd go back and recommend it. Don't expect fancy food, instead you'll get tasty hearty Brazilian food. Try the caipibeer cocktail,the palm hearts salad, fish moqueqa and cassava chips, yummy!

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Cheaply sourced ingredients, terrible service”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Went to this restaurant as I had bought a deal of a meal for two on Groupon. I called on a Friday to get a table for two for 20:30 and was told that there were only tables available for 18:30. I called back 10 minutes later and spoke to someone else who gave me the my first choice and said that there were also tables available for 19:30 or 20:00 if I wanted (hmm).

It was not easy to find. Part of the problem was that the 'restaurant' is inside a pub with a completely different name. On arriving at the restaurant I was met with disinterest and had to go to the bar to signal to someone to come over and lead me to the booked table. A waitress led me to my sticky table to wait for my date, I told her that I was there for the Groupon deal to which she said 'Oh.' and went off to get me a sticky laminated 'A la Carte' menu with a very limited choices of dishes.

We waited a VERY long time for everything that we ordered and got the feeling that we were inconveniencing the staff by eating there. This would not be so bad if the food was nice. The food came in extremely small portions, we both had a caesar salad (very Brazilian) to start with, where the chicken was dry and the croutons were soggy. We followed with a stewed beef type dish the name of which I have forgotten, it was really bland (not typical of Brazilian food), came with a tiny salad and the beef was stringy. For dessert I had ice cream with chocolate sauce which tasted like the cheap 99p tub of savers ice cream from any supermarket, I couldn't finish it as it tasted so bad. My date had the smallest creme brulee I have ever seen, he said it tasted nice though.

We had planned to spend the evening drinking after our food but the service was so bad and the atmosphere so lacking that we had to leave. To conclude, the food was not even worth the £24 'reduced' price that I paid. All cheap ingredients with small portions and bad service.I never write reviews and don't usually like to complain, but even if the meal was free I would never eat there again. I will also make sure I spread the word about this poor excuse for a restaurant.

2 Thank S S
“Nice place..................”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

But when presenting a voucher (our's was KGB) make sure you know what it covers. We paid £21 for any starter, main and dessert off the menu. I went online and looked at the Canecao menu and thought it was a great deal.
After giving our voucher to the waitress, she came back with a set a la carte menu. It offered 4 starters, 4 mains (of which 2 were vegetarian) and 3 desserts. This is not what the KGB agent recommended on her write up and it certainly wasn't what was offered on our deal!
However, I have to say that once this was pointed out, the manager apologised and gave us the 'normal' menu. From that point on, I have no complaints. The food was delicious, plentiful and well presented. The staff were attentive and regularly checked that we were enjoying the meal.

London
“Excellent Food in a Pub enviroment.”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We bought 2 coupons on KGB deal, our friends went last week, and myself and friend visited on ~Friday 7th June, we were not disappointed with the food, it was served and well presented to the eye, tasty food and good value for money. Service was pleasant and friendly.
Good selection of drinks, choose Brazilian Cocktails, excellent.
Perhaps the only critism was typical old run down pub furniture, tables and decor.
Cleanliness of the Mens WC - needs attention.
Apart from these two small things, would certainly return for the food and service.
Good quality food, well priced and expertly presented.