“So central for London!”

Ranked #155 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
“So central for London!”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

What a great location!!!! The hotel is right in Leicester Square so out the hotel and you are a 10 minute walk away from everything like Covent Garden, Oxford St, Buckingham Palace and the list goes on!!! We chose this hotel because it was close to the theatres and also was on the Piccadilly Line so a good connection to Heathrow. Breakfast is amazing but very busy so if you are in a hurry, get there early! Room was comfortable and quiet considering the location. My only complaints would be no amenities and no room safe!

2 Thank McKarabia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here with work, which meant I didn't have to cover the hefty £160 per night charge - way over what I would expect to pay for a Premier Inn! That said, the location was unbeatable and I found myself wondering if I could stretch to that for a return trip in my own time!

The hotel itself is standard Premier Inn, which I always find more than adequate for a short stay. My room was on the sixth floor and it had the usual wardrobe/vanity/coffee-making unit, along with a desk & double bed. The room was smaller than most I've stayed in but - hey - this is London!

There was no bath, just a shower (which is fine) but as I had a corner room, there was some sort of structural obstruction taking up some of the shower space - not great for anyone taller, or larger, than myself!

Room was very clean and - despite the busy location (and my room was towards the front of the hotel) I heard very little external noise, which surprised me.

Staff were very pleasant and breakfast was the usual good selection from Premier Inn.

The main selling point for this hotel is its location, literally slap-bang in the centre of the action in Leicester Square on the doorstep of countless restaurants, in walking distance to many theatres and tube stations - I really can't think of a better location (though I don't know London that well)! But, as I said, it comes at a price and it depends what you're willing to pay.

I'd definitely stay here again but would be looking for a good deal!

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms if you want a full-size shower!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank theonlychilduk
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Our second stay at this hotel but this time in a family room with our 7 and 11 year old.
The room was of adequate size for the cost with a double bed, a sofa made into a bed which was very comfortable but would say that the z bed used was only suitable for a very small child due to being able to feel every lump and bump which can and could hurt an adult or older child.

As before the staff were AMAZING, very friendly, efficient and go out of their way to help.

Check in quick on a self service machine with a member of staff at hand to help and happy to store luggage before and after check in.

All you can eat buffet breakfast which was free for children was great with plenty of choice with freshly replenished cooked breakfast items. If you like a continental breakfast this will slightly disappoint but you can not complain on the cost of the breakfast.

will visit again and again.

2 Thank bertieplp6
Katy G, General Manager at Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! I am delighted to hear your wonderful comments about the team and will be sure to pass on your feedback.

I am pleased you found our quick and easy check in and luggage storage suited your needs during your stay and our All You Can Eat Premier Breakfast lived up to expectations.

I am always open to any constructive feedback and will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the choice of continental items at breakfast, if you could email me at operationsmanager.londonleicestersquare@premierinn.com with any extra items you would like to see included in our breakfast and also your room number so I can have a look at the Z bed, that would be fantastic.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave such great comments about your stay. The whole team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Last Dec on holiday with family in London for 5 days, we had chosen this hotel as it was so convenient. It was located near to Leicester Square tube station, just 2 mins walk. Many happening places nearby and doorstep of Chinatown. The hotel had good security. The room was clean. The staffs were friendly. The best of this hotel was their buffet breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lindalmf
Katy G, General Manager at Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for your four star rating. It is great to hear comments about the security of the hotel and our friendly staff. I will pass on all your feedback to the team who will be delighted to read your comments, especially about our Premier Breakfast!

Thank you for choosing to stay with Premier Inn London Leicester Square. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed in this hotel a few days ago. The price was relatively cheap and the location was excellent. Rooms were clean and quiet. The biggest annoyance was early check-in: I called the night before and asked if it would be possible and got an answer to the effect of "probably, but for various reasons we can't guarantee it." When I got there the staff person couldn't have cared less--didn't inquire with housekeeping and just made us wait.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay. Here at Premier Inn London Leicester Square we strive to deliver an outstanding service to each and every guest. I apologise, that on this occasion you feel we did not meet our usually high standards.

Our check out time is 12pm and our recommended check in time is 2pm onwards, however we have a high number of guests who request an early check in. If this is possible we will gladly accommodate our guests in a room available. Unfortunately, if we checked all our guests who arrive early into the first rooms ready this would mean there would not be enough rooms ready to accommodate the rest of our guests who come to check in at the recommended time.

If you could contact me at operationsmanager.londonleicestersquare@premierinn.com with details of your booking to enable me to investigate further what happened on the day of your arrival.

brigg north lincs
Reviewed 21 March 2013

stayed 15th -17th march 2013- alittle hard to find at first with the works going on at the ruby blue club right next door, but no bother from the club you can hear some music but it didnt bother us,we took our 2 children age 7 n 5 and they loved it, staff was very friendly and helpful let us check in early due to husband been disabled. Food/breakfast was lovely a good choice for all and we could order omlettes/boiled/poached eggs along with the other breakfast. rooms were really warm with no windows to open and the air con didnt really do anything apart from heat the room rather than cool :( shower/bathroom doesnt have any sort of fan to let out steam so can only stop in shower for 5 mins before room steamed out, but it wasnt any problem just a clear review of the room.Afew people had bother with lifts but we did not, found the whole stay a pleasure and would def go back x

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I first stayed at this hotel in December 2012 with a friend and and I stayed here again 13th-15th March 2013as a birthday treat and as a single traveller. Both experiences were excellent. Check in was a breeze (after 2pm) and the staff were very helpful. It was my birthday during the stay and I was given a bottle of Bucks Fizz for my room. The staff are all very attentive and seemed to be going out of their way to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough...for its location and the lovely staff. I expected a single bed but got a double AND a single bed in my room so I could choose which to sleep in! The all you can eat breakfast was good as always and set me up for a day of sightseeing. The hotel is very close to Leicester Sqr tube station and is within walking distance of Covent Garden, Regent Street and Oxford Street ( Shopaholics heaven) and its not too far to walk to Trafalgar Square and The Embankment.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights and I will definitely use this hotel again. SPECIAL THANKS TO IAN, JASON, CALVIN AND OLIVER for looking after me and going the extra mile with the bottle of plonk ( plus a young lady whose name escapes me.... she was serving at breakfast in her pyjamas for Comic Relief day!) I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo