“Quiet, good aircon, few mod cons”

Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel
Ranked #179 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 February 2014

OK for a night or two. Nice helpful staff. The aircon really worked. Many London hotels switch to heating in winter and won't let you get a room cold. I asked for a quiet room and I got a really quiet room. Lady at reception said most upper floors are OK; it is only floor three for which they get complaints.I slept like a log. Arrived early but was able to get into my room early. Internet cost only three pounds for 24 hours. Geographically good for me: I had meetings close by and I was near to Piccadilly Line for link to Heathrow. The bad news: the room features were basic in the extreme. Not even a coat-hanger let alone a wardrobe. No tub. No shampoo. Unremovable liquid soap.

Room Tip: 711 was quiet but had sloping wall and dormer window
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wendy W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a familiy room and that was nice and with more space that I used to in the hotel in London. It was excellent in the middle of the center for theatre / musicals and cinemas. The emplyeers was very service minded and helpfull with everything we needed. There is also a Night club next door if you travel with "children" below 18 years. I gave the rate due to the clean, nice and great location. This is not a luxury hotel. Ask for room with view to the Leichester Square.
I will be back! I couldn`t see any safe og refridgiator in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for the room viewing Leichester Square, from 5th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank H2O40
Reviewed 19 February 2014

If you don't mind paying the premium for this hotel (compared to what you'd normally pay for a Premier Inn), the location is fantastic. We were 100m from the theatre we were going to and the same distance from chinatown. Lots of places for food a drink and live music.

Staff we friendly and the room was large and clean (we had a family room).

Other people commented on how quiet it was for a central London location, we didn't hear any noise overnight, I couldn't believe it!

Visit The Spice of Life north up Charing Cross road for nice food and live music everynight.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I recently spent an extended weekend in London and due to the price and location we ended up staying at Premier Inn. We chose this location as we had theater tickets and we wanted to check out Chinatown but in reality this hotel is a good location for almost any London excursion given it's close proximity to the tube. Between location, room amenities and price Premier Inn is a good choice for any couple or small family looking to take in all London has to offer.

Premier Inn can be hard to miss; there is just a basic sign outside its entrance which is really just a few steps up to an elevator. There is nothing on the ground floor, you must take the lift up to floor 2 at which point there is a small check in counter, two automatic check-in kiosks and the breakfast and bar area. Upon checking in my wife and I had to wait a few minutes to get the attention of anyone so you might want to try the kiosks if you are in a hurry. Also note there is a large touchscreen with Google maps where you can look up anything and print out directions which is quite nice as most of the brochures and maps are just for specific tours or areas and not at all helpful for finding out what is around you.

The room itself is simple but clean; we were situated on the top floor and had a double bed with small workspace, closet for clothes and shower (no bathtub but really for a budget hotel chain in the UK you should not expect one). Other room amenities included free TV, a kettle with basic tea and coffee provided daily and extra pillows. There was internet but Premier Inn gives you only 30 minutes of internet free per day; beyond that you either need to pay with a card or just buy a voucher code for three pounds which gives you 24 hours of internet on two devices. It would have been nice to just have had complimentary Wi-Fi but other hotels charge far more for worse service. On the second floor of the hotel you have a breakfast area which neither of us tried (there are plenty of great breakfast spots within walking distance of the hotel) but for approximately 10 pounds per person you can have unlimited access to the breakfast buffet. There did not appear to be any pool or workout facility in this hotel but again, it's a small budget hotel and we were not expecting anything.

Where I would recommend this hotel and stay again however is the location. You are within walking distance of the tube and theater district as well as right beside Chinatown which is home to a lot of good Asian food. Also the sleep quality of this hotel for it's location was surprising--the fact it is right next to a very trendy club would lead you to believe you'd be kept up at all hours but we hardly heard anything and it didn't disrupt our sleep the first night. The only issue we had was with some people coming back from a late night and talking very loud in the hallway, waking us up at 3 AM. This is no fault of the hotel, just some rude, inconsiderate adults. I will say however that Premier Inn has a "good sleep guarantee" and when we mentioned to the check-in attendant in passing about this he apologized and asked for more information. When he realized the individuals in question had checked out he offered us one night free which is a commitment to Premier Inn's guarantee but one my wife or I could not accept as we didn't feel the hotel could do anything to prevent it. Great they stand beside their guarantee but I can't hold a hotel accountable for occasional lapses in human nature.

In summary if you are looking for a clean hotel with basic amenities in a great location then I'd recommend Premier Inn. I would not think this hotel appropriate for extended stays or for any situation where you'll be in the room most of the time but as a place to sleep, start your day and take in all London has to offer you get what you pay for and a bit more.

Room Tip: Get a room on floors six or above to remove any chance of street noise given it can get noisy in Lei...
2  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed in Premier Inn Leicester Square for valentines night staying over after London show. Superb location with purple lights so that you can't miss it. Room was very clean and comfortable - with direct view over Leicester Square. Staff were genuinely attentive with nothing being too much trouble. No problem in our leaving bags with hotel whilst did obligatory London shopping. Only down side is that the dinner menu is (very) limited - although very good, reasonably priced wines. As you are next to China Town however you'd be far better seeking one of the brilliant restaurants on your door step. The breakfast was up to premier Inn's normal high quality. Ideal as a base for accessing the high spots of London.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very Friendly staff, great room with good facilities and very clean. Wifi was easy to connect to with high speed and good signal. Will definitely stay here again. Great location for dinning, theatre and shopping! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014

It's not easy to find a place like this in London--well-located, pleasant and without an obscene price. And it's true, it's quiet in spite of being right on Leicester Sq. The best part is the staff--very friendly and helpful. The reception even helped me check in on-line for our flight. Breakfast is really good and the room is nothing fancy but nicely furnished and functional. We had a room for a family (3 people) and it was pretty spacious compared to other places we've stayed. London hotel rooms are typically quite cramped if you're in the mid-priced price range. They don't seem to allow early check-in or late check-outs but are very accommodating about accepting left luggage. I will definitely return there next time in London.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of Leicester Sq.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family