“Fantastic location”

Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is in a prime location but do not charge prime location prices. We found all staff very friendly and helpful. The help yourself breakfast is very good value. We found the room very quiet, esp; for the location next to a night club, never heard a thing.
I will defiantly be using this hotel next time I visit London

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nananx4
Francesco F, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful five star review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and found us to be of good value. Our rooms 'float' on thick engineered neoprene pads so noise from the square and a nightclub below does not disturb our guests. I hope you had a fantastic quiet nights sleep and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,974)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and found the location extremely central and convenient for our first time trip to London. The hotel is close to several metro stops (Leicester Square is closest 2 min walk) and within walking distance to Trafalgar Square, Picadilly Circus, National Gallery, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, West End theaters....etc which was a huge plus. The area surrounding the hotel was rather touristy and busy as there were clubs and movie theaters close by, however, we never experienced any issues with noise in our room. We booked a family room for 4 and asked for an uppper floor with a view of the square, unfortunately we couldn't be accommodated due to the fact the hotel was completely booked. I think the room we were given was a HA room, we had a bathtub rather than a shower, but was rather cramped for a family of 4. A cot was basically wedged between our queen bed and the single bed to fit everyone in. I'm not sure if it was a standard size family room. The room was definitely smaller than what we are used to in the US, but maybe not by European standards. The room was pretty basic, but everything was neat and clean and in good condition. As to the value, we paid approximately 300 US dollars per night plus 20 gbd for breakfast each morning (kids under 16 eat for free). The breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold foods and drinks and we felt it was a good deal for our family. One thing to note, wifi is only free for the first 30 min per day and afterwards you must pay 3/4 gbd for 24 hrs access. If we ever visit London again, we would definitely consider staying at Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Premier Inn London Leicester Square. It was great to read you had found us to be located well and central. Please accept my appologies as we could not allocate you the room you requested. We do allocate rooms on a first come first serve basis, and due to the demand of guests wanting rooms with a view, sometimes its just not possible. Next time, give me a call prior to arrival and I will personally make sure we do everything in our power to allocate you your desired room. Currently wifi is free for the first 30 minutes of use and then £3.00 for the next 24 hours - we are aware that this is a really important issue for a lot of our guests and we will continue to look at how we can offer great value in this area. Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

In London to meet up with friends and visit the theatre. The Premier Inn Leicester Square is in a great location near to good pubs, theatres and restaurants. Also close to shopping. The staff were very helpful, breakfast good with lots of variety and we were able to leave our luggage before check in and after check out for collection later. The rooms were clean and had tea/coffee facilities and a hair dryer. The bar area was comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Francesco F, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your four star review of Premier Inn London Leicesetr Square. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found our team to be helpful. Also very glad to read that you enjoyed our all you can eat Premier Breakfast. At Premier Inn we are passionate about the services we provide. I have passed on these messages to the team and they really appreciate the feedback. I hope I can welcome you back to London again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure our friends had a room near to us (we didnt even need to ask). Hotel room was very clean no complaints, Why pay more for a hotel room that lets be honest you are only going to be in for a few hours. Fantastic value for money. Didnt here any noise from outside or inside the hotel would stay here again. First choice everytime. Great Location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn London Leicester Square, it was great to read that we maintained the high standards you expect from Premier Inn. We do try to keep friends and family as close together as possible as we feel that this makes the guests stay just that extra little bit special. Our amazing housekeeping team will be happy that you found our rooms to be clean and I shall let them know of all the great comments they recieve. I am pleased to read that you will stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Check in was a challenge - I was shown how to check in using the self-service check-in machine, but the assistant walked off half way through and couldn't tell me how to buy internet using that system. I had to re-queue up for the proper check in desk.

Location was excellent; standard of hotel was good, and the room was larger than expected given it's a central London hotel.

I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review and your feedback on Premier Inn London Leicester Square. I was pleased to see that even with the issues you have identifed you still felt we had acheived a 4 star rating, thank you. I have spoken to our reception manager regarding your comments and she has asked me to apologise on her behalf, she reassures me she will look into it and make sure we avoid this in the future. I really appreciate your feedback and hopefully I will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here last weekend while on a trip to the theatre (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory = Awesome) Had a room on the seventh floor room was not huge but had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. The room has Tea and Coffee as well as an hair dryer which is more than some of the bigger chains of hotels I have stayed in have!

The location is excellent as you walk straight out into Leicester Square. We didn't have the breakfast in the morning but opted to go to a cafe in Leicester Square.

Staff were friendly and helpful even offering to store our bag on checkout so we could carry on exploring London.

Would definitely book again here if needed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful five star review. I was very happy to hear that you found your stay to be comfortable and the location excellent. Maybe next time you could try our all you can eat Premier Breakfast to set you up for your day. We do have a complimentary luggage leaving service so we can give you up until the last minute to enjoy all that London has to offer and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Clean and safe. Good location close to the tube, except if you need to hook up with a taxi or hired car since they are right on the square. The rooms are Air conditioned and quiet. Wifi is available. Breakfast is a bit pricey, but lots of food.