“Fine on a budget”

Ranked #745 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Fine on a budget”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It's cheap for a reason, and you know this when you book from reading the reviews. I booked knowing this was going to be poorer quality but was actually surprised how okay the hotel was. Room seemed clean and bathroom was fitted well and was clean. TV in room. The thing that let the place down was the beds - mattress rock hard and the top throw was not clean. The sheets and pillow were clean and fine.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back - not at the front!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louise L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My second visit to this Central London hotel did not disappoint. I was given a lovely bright and airy third floor room looking out on the front. It was very quiet at night, the room was well presented, with en suite and shower, bathroom across the corridor. The mattresses remain orhopaedically hard, which is just fine with me. The lift goes up to all floors in this hotel and down to the breakfast room. The breakfast was just as tasty as before, waitress served. There is tea and coffee available all day in the breakfast room, but none in bedrooms. It would be nice if there were juice served at breakfast, however there is fruit and yoghurt offered. I was pleasantly surprised to be given a whole loaf of gluten-free bread, some of which was toasted for my breakfast, when I mentioned my coeliac requirement. One tip: make sure, if going out into the corridor for any reason, you take the "key" with you as the bedroom doors are sprung hinged and close very quickly!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This year I have stayed in 10 hotels of the same type as the Beaver, BUT!!!! this is the worse.
I booked a single with shared facilties which was OK but the room has no TV , no kettle, no wifi. There is lounge for guests which does have TV and wifi, but this like the dining room is locked at midnight. You can go can go to the dinning room for a hot drink using water from a hot water flask, but the water is not very hot by 11pm.
The only surprise was the breakfast which is a English cooked breakfast which was pleasant, and it will help the diet, I wont get fat on it!!, breakfast does not start till 7:30 not great if you are working

Room Tip: Can not help.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Honestdog63

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Riga
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I would call this honest hotel where is price performance. Everything was as I expected but breakfast (the warm one) even exceeded my expectations. Comparing to other hotels I stayed during two week period in this price range and above, this was the best choice.
Nothing exceptional, the same things as in any London hotels: small rooms etc., problems with internet connection. Also here I had to make magic of switch on/off the router in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I found the receptionist to be friendly and nice. I was not shown to my room but given my room key and was told about breakfast times. From there I took the elevator to my room. I found the room which was a single room en-suite to be lovely. It was clean and tidy. However, the bathroom was tiny, but I did not mind. The room had extra blankets, pillows, soap, towels and shampoo, so it was well equipped. I had access to free internet downstairs in the lounge. I loved the lounge as it was very warm and welcoming. The internet was fast and I had no issues with it. The area of the hotel is beautiful, plenty of shops and restaurants. Additionally, the tube station was a few minutes away from the hotel, which was really useful. It was very easy from the tube station to visit places like Oxford Street etc. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hotel. It basic and clean which was perfect for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Shropshire
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Having read several reviews I was a little apprehensive of our stay ( even taking my own bedding)! But I have to say it was fine,a little tired but it is only a 2 star. Staff were friendly enough room was adequate and clean,breakfast was reasonable and the fact there was a car park and only a short walk to the tube station was excellent ! Would stay here again pretty good value.

• Stayed March 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of any dog show taking place at Earls Court Exhibition Centre and for dog owners is a dream! Basic but comfortable rooms (my double room was a bit cramped but adequate - you couldn't fully open the bathroom door), a cheerful breakfast room, cozy lounge, lift plus a private car park and really friendly staff. I had no trouble connecting to wi-fi in my room, you could get free hot drinks in the bar until late and it was handy having a huge Tesco's just across the road. Would definitely stay there again and remarkably good value for a central London hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business