“awfull”

Brompton Hotel London
Ranked #951 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Room Tip: clean the rooms and get better beds for your guests to sleep in
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
4  Thank Janette C

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Easy check in. Polite and informative receptionist. Room was on top floor but ok as we didnt have much luggage. We were very pleasantly surprised. The room and en suite were very clean. Breakfast delivered to the room in the morning was adequate for our needs..toast boiled egg tea and orange juice. There was also tea and coffee tray in the room. Overall very good value for money and very close to tube museums etc.

Room Tip: A bit more tea and milk in room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank metromag
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Breakfast is 2 pieces of toast bred and some jam, tea.
Awful beds.
Nice lokation.
Old and really bad.
100 meter from underground
Line.
Else much to say.
Price to expensive around 150£ for 3 nights.
................................................................................................................

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I travel for a living and send people all over the world with my company. I booked a college into this hotel on 19.1.14. I clearly stated I, the person making the booking would not be there. I made sure my colleges name was on the booking form and off he went. Only late on Sunday night to get a call from the hotel saying they could not book him in unless I send a scan or photo of my credit card. This I was not happy to do. But they said without it they could not complete the booking. They said it was for my safety. So for my safety I then had to photograph my credit card and email it them. I connected my credit card company who said they should not have asked me to do this and they are going to investigate the hotel for me! I had no choice as my college would have had nowhere to stay! My advise if you are the person paying for a room and you will not be there DO NOT use this hotel! Very unhelpful and clearly didn't want my business! Don't do want I did and photograph your credit card and send it to them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Bounouar M
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed over on a business trip and chose the hotel for location to my meetings which was perfect. The hotel however is terrible. Small horrible old unclean rooms. Breakfast was shoved outside the door in the morning. Bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. Best to avoid.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed here a number of times only due to its location. After putting up with many issues, I have now decided to say how I feel. This place is a disgrace. The owner couldn't care less about it - the taps don't close properly leaving you with running water all night and the staff can't even close the taps cos they are broken. There are rooms that smell disgusting, some of them the hot water doesn't work. One of the rooms charges 130 pounds and the windows are bound with brown masking tape?! Seriously - have a little respect for your hotel and don't use your location to show such disgraceful management and behaviour. I will not be staying here again. I even put up with the noise of Janet's Bar as it's a cool bar downstairs and it closes at 2am but the rooms are so bad for 120-135 pounds the owner should be ashamed. The Gainsborough is around the corner for the same price and decent hotel rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business