“Execellent Hotel”

Ranked #256 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Execellent Hotel”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed at the Jesmond Dene Hotel in August when I came to visit my friend. The hotel is in an excellent location close to St Pancras and underground stations. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the manager who was warm and welcoming, he then upgrading my room to an apartment. The staff was very pleasant, and had a family feel. Will definitely reccommend staying there as I enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
Brasilia/Df - Brasil
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed in the hotel for a week this month and it was very good. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was really good, specially the bacon. We reserved a standard room, but when we arrived they give us an studio, with kitchen, in the same street. The main advantage of the hotel is the location, very convenient, near King's Cross Station. But the price was a little expensive and you can find other options more economic in the neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The owners & staff of the Jesmond Dene Hotel are fabulous. They went above and beyond the normal courtesies expected of a well run establishment. I thought that I had lost my passport while staying there and they went out their way to help me find it. Thankfully, it turned up buried in my luggage!

As for the hotel... we stayed in one of the serviced apartments they own, just down the street from the main hotel. The location is excellent, being so close to the train stations and tube. The apartment was spacious and perfect. Everything was in top shape, clean and comfortable.

We will stay here again when we return to London. I strongly recommend you do as well!

Room Tip: Stay in one of the serviced apartments.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed at the Jesmond Dene Sep 17-19 in their studio apartment down the block from the main hotel. Very spacious apartment with a separate kitchen complete with washer/dryer. Clean and comfortable and totally private. Very close to kings cross for easy public transport anywhere you'd want to go. Breakfast was great and appreciated. The apartment is just off Greys Inn Road which is very busy. If you're a light sleeper take earplugs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pasadena
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great location for access to Kings Cross/St Pancras/Eurostar. Busy area but hotel is on side street. We had basement triple room with access to courtyard space. Stayed only one night but would stay here again. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. We stored luggage after checkout and walked to British Museum.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was my second time staying in this hotel this year. Darren and the rest of the staff are very helpful and accommodating. I must thank the young receptionist who helped me up and down the stairs with my 16kg suitcase, she said this was light compared to some of the others she has to lift.I don't normally need assistance but i am recovering from an ankle injury. I managed the first floor which was great as it was much quieter than the ground floor room i had previously. Very clean and good breakfast. will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 1st floor is a little quieter, however for the location it is surprising quiet overall.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
St. Albert, AB, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Arrived at the Jesmond Dene at about 11AM even tough our check in wasn't until 3. After the flight from North America we were given access to showers and luggage storage while we started exploring London. The hotel is very close to Kings Cross station and Eurostar St. Pancras so easy to get around. We had the 5 bed family room. It didn't have its own bathroom but rarely did we wait for sharing. Beds were good. Very clean. Breakfast was good and if you happen to oversleep your alarm you would get a phone call which was nice. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful with tips on trains attractions etc. . It is a simple hotel, conveniently located, very well done. Good value. Would stay there again in a minute. They prefer cash as opposed to credit cards and will charge you the credit card fee. Personally I don't have an issue with that. Book direct with them rather than through one of the hotel booking sites. It was easy to do by phone and internet and they make it worth your while. (free breakfast)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 14, downstairs. There were 5 of us. Mom, dad, 3 adult children and was tight but f...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family