Jesmond Dene Hotel
US$308
US$285
Orbitz.com
1,796 results
All reviewskings crossst pancrasenglish breakfastpancras stationshared bathroomstay there againfamily roomthe main hotelbreakfast roomsmall hotelfree wifitop floorquiet streetno liftbeansconvenient locationexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Slept one night at Jesmond Dene Hotel, and it was nice. We were travelling to Scotland the next morning from Kings Cross Station and it is asclose as you get. Got a good tip from the receptionist about a pizza place nearby and we all enjoyed it. We didn't spend much time at the hotel, it was only for sleeping, but I can definitive reccommend it, and would prefer to sleep here again if I need an early train.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Losoa
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed in the basic single room and had to share a bathroom with 2 other rooms. The room was small, but had everything you would need; a bed, a television, a sink, a desk, and a small wardrobe. If you're going to be out all day anyway that is really all you need.
Staff was wonderful and friendly, also ready to help you with any questions.
The location is perfect. 2 minute walk from St Pancras tube station, which has 4 or 5 different tube lines stopping there. Makes it a breeze to get everywhere in London. (try to avoid rush hour though).
I would absolutely recommend it, and will most probably return whenever I go back to London again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fryke K
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is our third visit to Jesmond Dene Hotel.and we have enjoyed each stay. It is only a few minutes walk from St.Pancras and King Cross stations and local shops/restaurants, etc. We have stayed in 3 different en suite rooms which were adequate for our visits. All of the hotel we have seen is very clean and tidy and well taken care of. Most importantly, the hotel is extremely well ran. All the staff were are more than helpful and they work hard to ensure everything runs smoothly, adding to the pleasure of our visits. I am partly disabled and the staff handled all our heavy cases. They also organised a taxi for us to Gatwick Airport.
I later discovered I had lost an item somewhere on our holiday and on my request, the staff searched for and found the item in our bedroom and they forwarded it to my home address.
This was an expensive medical item so I was particularly grateful that they solved this problem for me. The dining room is fine, the food good and the waiter/ess service outstanding.
When we next visit London the Jesmond Dene Hotel will be our first choice of hotel.
We all thought the hotel good value for money. (family from Newcastle-on-Tyne, UK.)

Room Tip: The three rooms were we stayed in we all fine so we cannot any other tips beyond that.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank blubird58
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed for one night mid-week Jan 2014 for business travel

I was very, very impressed with this hotel and can't say enough good things about it!

In particular;

Setting: stunning grade II listed arts and crafts mansion, beautifully and tastefully restored

Room: I stayed in a classic room and it was excellent. Particularly liked the enormous bay window and freestanding bathtub

Room service: great, prompt, tasty

breakfast: very nice buffet with a la carte cooked options. Very nicely cooked eggs which are so often done badly in hotels elsewhere. Unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of the offer of a complimentary glass of champagne with breakfast as was meant to be working!

Staff: all seemed very polite, friendly and professional

This is a fantastic hotel and I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank surfing_girl2202
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We spent 4 days/3 nights in London in the week before Xmas 2013. Our first experience with Jesmond Dene in 2012 was very good. So why choose another hotel? This time we were accompanied by a nephew and his girlfriend. We are very content with JD: rooms are excellent and clean, beds sleep very well and the breakfast is super. Very nice staff. We also like the way our car is parked: just give the keys and on the day of departure it is parked in front off the hotel. No worries.
The JD is also very well situated for visitors of London. Close to the Underground and some very good restaurants.

Room Tip: We liked rooms 17 and 18.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple