“Christmas 2013”
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

Jesmond Dene Hotel
Ranked #284 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Genuine, friendly and hospitable family service and great rooms.
If you miss breakfast................You'll miss London hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!
Staff were very helpful and always at hand to assist.
Will definitely be back on our next trip to London.
This hotel desrve more than 2 star rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mohamad H

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My teenage sons and I stayed during the holiday period and had a great experience. Our room, two twins and a full size bed, had plenty of storage and closets for our six night stay. Very clean, great beds and pillows. The bathroom is small but functional.

I was impressed with the neighborhood. On my first trip to London 20 years ago, the area around Euston and Kings Cross was "dodgy" at best. What a change! Pubs, restaurants, St Pancras station fully restored, it is busy and safe with lots of options and unbeatable as a transportation hub to get around the capital, to go to points around the UK and even take the Eurostar to Paris, as we did--all in less than five minutes from the hotel's front door.

But as good as all of this is, the reason to stay is Darren and the staff. Outstanding people. Very helpful, advice on touring and getting around, etc. They really impressed when some on-line football tickets I ordered were mistakenly sent to the wrong address--Darren and staff contacted the ticket broker, delivery service and others to straighten out the whole mess, much to my relief and the gratitude of my Chelsea-loving son. Thank you Jesmond Dene, we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank John S
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My group stayed at the Jesmond Dene for six nights. The rooms are very nice and consistently clean. The location is perfect - one block from King's Cross with it's many transportation connections, but just off the main street, so it is quiet and safe. There are many food options nearby, as well. The breakfast at the hotel is a true English breakfast, cooked to order. And, perhaps above all, the manager (Darren) and his staff is so helpful, just a pleasure. I've stayed at several hotels in the neighborhood, but never found a hotel I liked. I'm so pleased to have found the Jesmond Dene - I will stay here every time I'm in London.

5  Thank jbcarthage
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A wonderful place! The staff is friendly and helpful; the room was very clean, roomy and comfortable (we had a family room); and the location of the hotel was excellent- just across the street and one block down from St. Pancras/Kings Cross. Though we stayed in a room facing the street on a Saturday night, it was silent as the crypt- no street noise. We were very happy with our stay and would recommend the hotel without hesitation. Hope to visit again!

3  Thank Keremok
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I've stayed a few times here over the last years. The last visit was even better than those before. Single rooms in London are often tiny, and unpleasantly so. My room was a reasonable size, with a large and comfortable bed, and was very well designed and had everything one needed. Tastefully decorated and very clean and an excellent shower (not so common in the UK!) Only the wireless service was a bit slow at busy times of the day. Very friendly staff, good breakfast, and it feels like a family business.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank John P
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed for one night in the 5 bed room with shared facilities. I think we were the only people using them however as we never saw anyone else. Staff were very nice, the room smelled like clean laundry when we walked in and I'm told the breakfast was very nice (stupid diet!). The only thing we could complain about was the blue lighting around the mirror - we couldn't work out how to turn it off! Location of the hotel is amazing. Would definitely go back!

2  Thank NewportLisaG
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just steps away from Kings Cross station and walking distance to almost all of central London I love this little hotel. Upon arrival I was thrilled to be given one of the "flats" just steps away from the hotel. I threatened not to leave it was so nice. If they had offered a cat or pup to stay with me I would have taken up residence. I will be back!!
Staff is super friendly and very very customer service oriented.
Give it a try. You will love it.

Room Tip: they offer small rooms as well as studio apartments and a 2 bedroom flat. All VERY neat to Kings Cro...