Our party consisted of my parents (72-74 yrs old), husband and two teenage girls.
Darren was wonderful to work with. I had A LOT of emails wih questions and he answered every one. There was a problem with my email so I wasn't receiving his responses so he called me a couple of times to check. That was months before we arrived.
Great locaton - just down the road from the St Pancras/Kings Cross station which connects to many main tube lines,buses and train. Clean station as well. The British museum is withing walking distance.
Rooms were small but we didn't need much room anyway - just to sleep. The rooms were clean, beds were comfy and we did get fresh towels every other day. The teens had the bedroom in the basement next to the kitchen. Their room had shower which they appreciated. They said they only heard people in the morning but they were already awake.
My only "complaints" would be
1. Noise from outside - the rooms did not have air conditioning so we had to keep the window open (which we like anyway) but we then heard the traffic and people walking by with suitcases. That is something that can't be helped by The Jesmond though. It wasn't that bad, just something we noticed. We still slept well.
2. Breakfast was great but after a few days, the English breakfast gets kind of old. There was cereal. Just some more options would be nice. Fresh fruit, scones, ect. I understand that it could increase cost but maybe have those to purchae?
3. Toilets - we knew this before we arrived but you have to share the toilet/shower. Wasn't a problem for us as our room was across the hall but my parents had to go up or down a flight for a toilet/shower. The shower/toilets were always clean and supplied though.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Next time I am in London, I will be staying at the Jesmond!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located across the road from Kings Cross St. Pancras International. The Jesmond Dene is a 3 Star family run bed and breakfast hotel which has an excellent reputation. Our high standards in cleanliness and service make us a number one choice for your visit to London. Read from over 1800 reviews online to hear from our many happy customers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jesmond Dene Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.