“Friendly, efficient and spotless, easy walk to Kings Cross/St. Pancras”
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

Jesmond Dene Hotel
Ranked #290 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Jesmond Dene Hotel in London on Sept. 24. Because I have a slight disability and use a cane, Darren very helpfully booked me in one of the ground floor rooms with en suite facilities. The cleanliness and superior bedding more than made up for the smaller size than the average American hotel room. While I was away in Nottinghamshire for the weekend, I was allowed to leave my larger suitcase at the hotel--a blessing indeed. I returned to London on Sept. 27 and stayed through Sept. 30. During this stay the hotel itself was full, so Darren arranged for me to stay in an apartment close by in St. Chad's Street. The apartment was thoroughly up-to-date, sparkling clean and had a kitchen (pots, cutlery, etc. included) and a washer/dryer. Also, someone cleaned the bathroom and made the bed daily while I was out. Although the apartment was closer to Gray's Inn Road and more traffic noise, I was very happy there and was able to have breakfast at the hotel still. On the plus side, several restaurants and an off license shop are within easy walking distance of the apartment.

The excellent breakfast is made to order, and the serving staff is quite friendly. Frankly, I could not have asked for a more helpful and courteous hotel staff. I never felt as if I was inconveniencing anyone with my questions and requests. Darren and the rest--especially Paul, who helped me to St. Pancras with my luggage upon checkout and very unwillingly accepted a tip for his trouble--are wonderful and obviously take pride in a job well done. Without any qualms, I recommend the Jesmond Dene to anyone wishing to
stay in central London.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank mcsmith1012

Reviewed 8 October 2010

Stayed here ovenight on our Ruby wedding trip to London. The double superior room with shower was more than adequate for our needs. Plenty of tea and coffee facilities and television. The room was spotless and well appointed. Service was excellent and so was the brillliant breakfast. The dining room was bright and cheerful staff extremely helpful.. We were able to have the window open all night and not a bit of noise disturbed us. We will most certainly stay here next time we visit London as it is only a few minutes walk from Kings Cross /St. Pancras Station. Truly extremely good value.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

really enjoyed staying here in the midst of London and all it offers. Great holiday. Darren on the desk very very helpful.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

We only stayed in the room at night, and really appreciated how quiet it was for being so close to Kings Cross.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed for 3 nights in the superior twin room. Everything suited us fine. The room was comfortable, the facilities were good, the full English breakfast was excellent.
The location was very convenient for bus routes to the London City centre. All the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Thanks very much.
Angela & David (Droitwich Worcs.)

Reviewed 7 October 2010

I've been staying at the Jesmond Dene hotel three times know. Its location near the train station is really perfect. Besides that great advantage you really have value for money: clean rooms, nice breakfast and very friendly staff. I'll be back !

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed in a double room and also apartment.
Location great, near Kings Cross Rail and Tube.
Plenty of eateries nearby, you won't be starving for food.
Room is clean and big enough for a person. Loved the firm bed and soft pillows. Quiet at night.
Toilet (uppermost floor) is a bit small, but unless one is overweight or obese, it should not be much problem. Or, use the toilet at the basement, very much bigger.
Breakfast yummy.
Staff courteous and helpful.
There are CCTV monitoring, so if you are traveling alone, this is an added security.
Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business