“Clean, nice and near the underground!!!!”
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

Jesmond Dene Hotel
Ranked #258 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Prato, Italy
“Clean, nice and near the underground!!!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Just come back from one week in londo where i stayed in this beatiful b&b.
The room was very nice, pretty small, but clean and with a almost new bathroom.
Everyday they changed the towel and arrange the room.
Also it's very near to the king's cross station making move very easy.
The staff is very nice and helpul.
Recommended!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I loved staying at the Jesmond Dene Hotel ! All of the employees were kind and respectful. The accommodations were perfect- Hardwood floors, high ceilings, lots of windows- all very clean and cheery !

The host and hostess were so generous and helpful.

I thinks this is such a wonderful place to stay-

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Hampshire
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The hotel was warm, spotlessly clean, and reception welcoming. Great thought had been put into making sure that everything was right for the guests. The room was "compact", to say the least, tiny, not much bigger than a caravan (!), but comfortable, clean, up-to-date and well maintained, and contained everything we needed for a one night stay. We had a quiet room at the back of the hotel and slept well. The (German made) pillows were the most comfortable we have ever slept on - and we'd like to know where to buy some for our home! Having been forewarned by others on this website we got up early for breakfast and had no difficulty getting a table. In fact accommodation kept up with demand, and no-one had to wait for a table. Breakfast itself, and service, was excellent. Location is excellent. A quiet part of London with choice of restaurants and pubs roundabout, and a few minutes level walk from busy Euston Road and Kings Cross/ Eurostar stations. Yes, you can get 2-3 times the space nearby at 2-3 times the price and you can find cheaper hotels locally, but we thought these prices were fair for the quality,

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 October 2010

very nice hotel for the money, and frankly a more than decent hotel irrespective of cost. Right next to Kings Cross/St Pancras, excellent quick breakfast in the morning, commfortable rooms with flat screen TVs, cable, tea-making facilities, free wireless internet. My room was up a very narrow staircase and had a very small bathroom, but for the price I was paying, this really did not bother me, and I was expecting these features from prior trip-advisor reports. The wakeup call failed, so set an alarm (which I always do as backup anyway, so no harm done on this particular occasion). I would definitely stay here again if I needed to stay near Kings Cross.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed with my teenage son on our first trip to London. Location fantastic as despite being near King's Cross station the hotel was located on a quiet street. It was very convenient to get buses and to take the underground to any part of London.
Especially useful were the maps provided by the hotel. We managed to make our way around London by the second day.
Breakfast was good and filling. Rooms though small are adequate
Our suggestion would be to have coffee / tea making facilities in the room or lobby. This will enable guests to make some drinks at other times of the day.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Brighton, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Jesmond Dene Hotel in London on Sept. 24. Because I have a slight disability and use a cane, Darren very helpfully booked me in one of the ground floor rooms with en suite facilities. The cleanliness and superior bedding more than made up for the smaller size than the average American hotel room. While I was away in Nottinghamshire for the weekend, I was allowed to leave my larger suitcase at the hotel--a blessing indeed. I returned to London on Sept. 27 and stayed through Sept. 30. During this stay the hotel itself was full, so Darren arranged for me to stay in an apartment close by in St. Chad's Street. The apartment was thoroughly up-to-date, sparkling clean and had a kitchen (pots, cutlery, etc. included) and a washer/dryer. Also, someone cleaned the bathroom and made the bed daily while I was out. Although the apartment was closer to Gray's Inn Road and more traffic noise, I was very happy there and was able to have breakfast at the hotel still. On the plus side, several restaurants and an off license shop are within easy walking distance of the apartment.

The excellent breakfast is made to order, and the serving staff is quite friendly. Frankly, I could not have asked for a more helpful and courteous hotel staff. I never felt as if I was inconveniencing anyone with my questions and requests. Darren and the rest--especially Paul, who helped me to St. Pancras with my luggage upon checkout and very unwillingly accepted a tip for his trouble--are wonderful and obviously take pride in a job well done. Without any qualms, I recommend the Jesmond Dene to anyone wishing to
stay in central London.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank mcsmith1012
south yorkshire
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Stayed here ovenight on our Ruby wedding trip to London. The double superior room with shower was more than adequate for our needs. Plenty of tea and coffee facilities and television. The room was spotless and well appointed. Service was excellent and so was the brillliant breakfast. The dining room was bright and cheerful staff extremely helpful.. We were able to have the window open all night and not a bit of noise disturbed us. We will most certainly stay here next time we visit London as it is only a few minutes walk from Kings Cross /St. Pancras Station. Truly extremely good value.