“Excellent value for money”
Review of King Solomon Hotel

King Solomon Hotel
Ranked #988 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have stayed in this hotel twice during breaks in London. Left today after a three night stay. Stayed in family room for with my wife and two children. The room was a clean and quiet attic room. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was adequate (although not perfect due to religious constraints).

I can't understand why this hotel gets so many bad reviews. I would book again without hesitation.

2  Thank Yorchichan

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked this hotel online the photos are not accurate We had travelled from Greece to Heathrow and as I dont know London at all we just took a chance The staff were nt very friendly and we had asked for 2 rooms close to each other as I was with my Mother and two grown children When we arrived the rooms were as far from each other as you could get (mine and my mothers was up 2 flights of stairs and on the opposite side of the hotel) The breakfast was served in a large room which reminded me of a school hall It was self service cereal toast etc and the girls could speak very little English The surrounding area has many restaurants but they are very expensive (we had 3 whiskey and coke and 2 cappuccino s and it was £56 We did nt eat as the prices were extortionate Our room was very small and I had to share a bed with my mother even tho we had asked for 2 single bed s Will research more thoroughly next time before booking online

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lil662014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

After travelling by car, down from Cambridge, all over London, and finding ZERO accommodation, this was the only hotel that had room for us. Let me tell you, at 3.00am, with three young children, we needed beds!
The travellers reviews are accurate: Dodgy beds, showers, cleanliness. We walked through hallways, upstairs, to find our room - and yes, it is a maze.
I still gave this place 3 stars, just for the fact that they took us in. The service from the front was always obliging and helpful; free parking; and cheap rate, all helped earn the stars. Breakfast was included, but we slept in; because the manager allowed us an 11am check-out.
They must be doing something right, because a tour bus and it's passengers were all staying at the hotel.

3  Thank thedjlee
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Being a small hotel, one should not expect too much. However, they are flexible with the check-in and check-out times.
Online booking through other sites seems to be cheaper than calling them directly.
Hotel is clean, locality is decent and breakfast is nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Lucky only stayed for one night and lucky that I had a room that had just been refurbished albeit by Laurel and Hardy. Very smelly along the corridors, stale sweat ,smoke and other things. Probably the worst breakfast I have ever encountered. I was saved by the boiled eggs; no egg cup but hard boiled and Luke warm so I took a chance on a low bacteria count and made a swift exit. Very noisy with drunken party's in the rooms and street which I found surprising as being in a Jewish area I never saw a pub. The area was the best thing with a good and great variety of restaurants as long as you are not looking for traditional English fayre.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Jaro505
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever visited.
Noisy in the night, slamming with doors al night. Sketchy place. As a girl I felt unsafe.
Horrible standard in the whole hotel, terrible rooms. A constant row of customers by the counter - with complaints and stuff that had to be fixed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank voncap
Reviewed 12 May 2014

King Soloman may have built the first temple in Israel but he should have stuck to that rather than go into the hotel business. This place is horrendous. The location is reasonable enough a 10 minute walk to Golders Green tube but that's the only thing this place has going for it.

The hotel is in awful condition, the small narrow hallways and stairs are cramped. The carpets are filthy and it was not a welcoming environment at all. The room was awful. It reminded me of my old student house, dirty carpets, no decor on the walls save for some whitewash and very uncomfortable put up beds.

The bathroom was so small that only small children or members of Cirque De Solei would be able to use them. It was not a good night's sleep at all, compounded by the noise from outside the corridor and the general boom and bang due to the rickety nature of the building's construction.

Breakfast was the standard piles of bread with jam and cereal. It was presided over by what I can only describe as a squad of vultures with the training of a West End dance troupe. They began circling in the run up to the allotted end of the breakfast, then, as soon as the clock struct 10.30 they swooped, removing all the items back to the kitchen with a ruthless efficiency that would make a German car factory jealous.

Most of the time, I think it's reasonable that they leave the breakfast buffet out for those who are still eating after the breakfast time has passed, especially on weekends. No such luck here. A lady came into the breakfast bar looking for a glass of water and was promptly dismissed by the vulture with a grunt of "breakfast closed!". The idea that we are their guests and have paid to stay in their hotel has somewhat escaped them.

So if you are looking for good accommodation and service then go somewhere else, in face, go anywhere else! However, if you are visiting London on a Charles Dickens tour, and wish to experience the abject poverty, misery and despair of his characters then this might be a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple