Luna & Simone Hotel
US$256
US$216
  • Pool
2,154 results
All reviewsvictoria stationpimlico tubebelgrave roadno liftfamily run hotelrooms are smallbeansbus stopceiling fanflights of stairswithin walking distancebuckingham palacebreakfast roomtop floortrafalgar squaregatwick expresstriple room
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have been thinking about how to write this review. I have mixed feelings, and clearly the owners and staff love the hotel so much and work very hard to make it good, I don't want to be harsh. They were all very helpful in a myriad of ways.

Part of my problem is that the guidebook I used described the rooms as "spacious" and perhaps that colored my expectations--when we saw our room, it was small--a typical small European hotel room, with hardly space to open up and set out your suitcases. The bathroom was narrow, which was fine, as we are not big people, but we did have to walk sideways to get past the sink. I can handle small rooms, but somehow, I just never warmed up to this room. There were also a few cleanliness issues, but I won't go into detail as perhaps the maid was having an off day. The shower was good--forceful and hot. Doors were a challenge to open--fire code apparatus, I guess. Did not sleep well--chilly and noise from adjacent rooms. Sheets were rough and the mattress was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on, sorry to say. I woke up every day with a stiff back and sore hip. For the pricing, I was hoping for a little more comfort than this.

I was happy to find a hotel that served breakfast, and though I was anticipating a buffet-style layout, the owners bring menus (the same every day. . .) and you get to choose a cooked breakfast or a cereal breakfast. They were flexible when I wanted to mix and match my choices, and I appreciated this. One thing I would have loved would have been good hot cooked oatmeal or porridge. Coffee not so good. Tea ok. Toast was bountiful.

I would have liked a better room at the Luna & Simone, this is true. That being said, I have got to say the location was ideal for us. I do not like to stay in the middle of everything, and this was a quiet, safe, and elegant neighborhood yet just steps away from the city by bus (#24 which goes to Trafalgar Square stops right by the hotel's front door--doesn't get any better than that!), the Tube, and the train. Lots of shops in the area--places for just about everything from groceries to phone cards to good coffee and cornetti to just about anything else to make your trip a pleasant one.

A favorite restaurant was the Thai Cafe--we ate there three times! The first two times we kept getting lost in the side streets, and finally, for the last visit, I took a good look at my map, and discovered that all we needed to do was exit the hotel, turn left and take the next left and there it was. Just moments from our door! The food was good, and you can order a little or a lot for dinner depending on your state of hunger.

The Luna & Simone Hotel made a good base for our explorations in London, and with a few tweaks, it could become a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Art G
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed 5 nights and loved the area. We had good options for lunch -- I like fruit and yogurt but also traditional English breakfast was prepared. The room was clean and we had everything we needed. The twins were so friendly and accomodating. They helped with securing us a dependable cab driver (a relative of the twins). Recommendations for tours and nearby restaurants were given. Maps were available. I would stay here again. We were able to open the window for air circulation. I do not know if there is a/c in the summer but March weather was great. Convenient to the tube stations. Nice area for walking.

Room Tip: Ask for one on lower floors.
1  Thank dixiep730
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the Luna Simone last August with my mom and could not be happiet with the hotel. It was cute and spotless... Very well run and incrediblely friendly!! The owners of the hotel made the hotel. They were so awesome. We had an issue with the shower in our room one evening and they immediately called the plumber and got someone out that evening to fix it. Then one of the owners came and checked once the plumber had gone to make sure all was well. As well, one of the brothers even walked us to an amazing breakfast restaurant because we unfortunately missed the free breakfast the first morning. The free breakfast was delicious and probably the best free breakfast I have had. It was a bonus having the bus stop right out front. Room tip: I recommend requesting a lower floor as there are not elevators and it can be a bit difficult to carry your luggage up the a few flights. All in all, stay here. Its worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have just returned from England having spent a total of 9 nights at the Luna and Simone. It has been over a year since we last stayed at this wonderful hotel and found that it is still friendly, spotless and exceptionally well run. Standards never slip at this fantastic "hands on" family run hotel.

Thank you Mark for accommodating us on such short notice. It was wonderful to see you all again.

The Luna and Simone is in a perfect location. Close to Victoria Station and easy walking distance to many of the top tourist attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the Parliament Buildings, the Thames etc.

In the many years we have been visiting London and staying at the Luna and Simone we have always thanked our "lucky stars" that we discovered this great spot.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 15 ( Luna ) the first 5 nights and Room 12 ( Simone ) for 4 nights when we returned from Cornwall. They are quiet and high up.
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we stayed one night here as we were watching Wicked. It was very clean, good decorative order, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. It was in the perfect position as we used Victoria station and visited both Westminster Abbey and Tate Britain. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank cnythia