“Perfect hotel”

Ranked #729 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Perfect hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

After searching trip advisor for an overnight stay in London we booked the Piccolino. It was perfect for us as the staff were very friendly, the location was exactly right as we were in London for the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and the room was clean and warm. Breakfast was very good and there was plenty of choice and plenty of food.I thought it was very good value for money and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Samantha G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Wroclaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Even i get tiny room with single bed for two guys, it's not the worse. I get bitten by bed bugs. Also, im asthmatic and after complains about the room i was moved to 5th floor. Management in that hotel is dramatic. However staff is really positive. Food wasn't bad, but as a Polish i'm not get used to not have any meat on the breakfast. Just eggs, beans and all kinds of bread.
In Poland, hostels provide much better services.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Irek K

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Originally booked into the classic Hyde park but for some reason was taken to this hotel. No explanation but just taken over by guy on reception. Was given a twin room on top floor, asked for twin so this was okay, room was fine, a bit bit shabby sheet I guess. Furniture was all in good order with none broken. Decent size room also. Bedding fine but with the usual too man cushions which ended up on the floor when I went to bed. Bathroom small but useable. Didn't stay for breakfast as I had to be up and out early. Not a bad stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DUNCRHINO186411
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. We were given a room in the basement which was very clean, a nice double bed, flat screen TV, ensuite bathroom. Not the biggest room, but it's fine. The only thing that was kind of tiny was the space between the toilet and the washbasin. We were lucky we are realatively in good shape because somone larger would have difficulties going to the bathroom. The room was perfect temperature wise. We opened a window (not because it was too hot, but because I like fresh air when I sleep), we also had a heater in the room (we didn't use it). There were extra blankets and pillows in the drawers. The shower had hot water and was very pleasant. The breakfast was also very good, coffe, juice, milk, youghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, bread, cheese, eggs, beans, etc. My only complaint is that although the staff is very nice, they are EXTREMELY loud. We came back one afternoon to take a small break and tried to have a nap and it as impossible. I know a hotel isn't a library, but this lady (and I think it was her normal voice) was practically shouting. Again, I'm pretty sure it was her normal voice and I understand that you talk while you work, but it's a hotel, the walls are pretty thin, so maybe if you know you have a loud voice try to speak lower.
Apart from that, which also only happened that one time, the hotel was very nice. It's two blocks from Paddington, about 5 minutes from Hyde Park, lots of restaurants and small convenience stores around. The man at the reception desk was also nice enough to let us leave our luggage there after checkout. Good value for the money, if we go back to London we will def. stay here again!

Room Tip: Room in the basement just where the stairs end (I think it was 3) is very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank viva_la_kim
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel at short notice. This is a budget hotel very convenient for paddington
The rooms are okay. Clean and tidy. There are signs of wear and tear. The bed in rpom 5 was very comfortable no complaints here. However the decoration is tired and some furniture is worn breakfast is okay plenty of it
Dont expect a full English. I was happy with choices
I would go back. But i would prefer to find a less tired hotel

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Tagomago03
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Hallo everyone,
I booked this hotel for 2 nights. When I tried find answer about How is it looks like with my booking, they didn´t answered. What´s sad, that they took my money and
They don´t want to give me this money back.

Be careful with this hotel. You have to talk to them face to face. They don´t care about email or telephone. They say to you something into telephone and after They don´t do what they promised.

Staff in hotel is very very rude. They don´t care about polite behavior. They are calling to you when they want. For example They called me in 23:30 o´clock.

Be careful about your money...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matthewman
Wexford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

at first the room was dirty and tiny the size of the bathroom I have at home the bathroom the size of a large wardrobe, now I don't mind where I stay as long as I get a good night sleep and a proper shower, I have stayed in hostels and camped at concerts and I had better comfort at those than I did at this hotel it was that bad we booked it for two nights we didn't stay the second I slept on my mates floor and my partner on his couch, why we couldn't stay the shower didn't work so we had a good laugh in having to take turns in filling the kettle to pour over each other in the shower, it had no air conditioning so at night it was so hot I had to get a towel soak it in cold water and lay the wet towel on top of me so i could sleep the heat was that bad i was tempted to sleep on the street, it had no fire escape so if i brought my kids I be very concerned, the only good thing out of this hotel was the staff were friendly. If you are looking at this review do not stay here but on the up side we had a good laugh about it on the way home it was that bad it was funny.

Room Tip: avoid room 17 like the plague
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple