Piccolino Hotel
Ranked #704 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Very good location and friendly staff. Was there on business and was right next to Paddington station. Would recommend it for a quick stay. Small rooms but very convenient in fairness. Clean and tidy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bonnie C

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We are a family of four (kids 6 and 9) and wanted a family room to crash for a night in London so we could see a show without travelling back to Windsor afterwards. We picked this place because of its location near Paddington. I think we paid 155 pounds for then night which we thought was a bit much for what we got. The reception desk was helpful but the room was very small - approx 7x5m with four beds meant there was hardly any room to walk around the actual room. We were in the basement (no lifts) at the front so were exposed to all the street noise - my wife didnt sleep a wink. Finally, there are only a few tables in the breakfast room which meant waiting for someone to finish before we could sit down. Prob would not stay again.

Room Tip: Check for space and noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

After searching trip advisor for an overnight stay in London we booked the Piccolino. It was perfect for us as the staff were very friendly, the location was exactly right as we were in London for the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and the room was clean and warm. Breakfast was very good and there was plenty of choice and plenty of food.I thought it was very good value for money and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Even i get tiny room with single bed for two guys, it's not the worse. I get bitten by bed bugs. Also, im asthmatic and after complains about the room i was moved to 5th floor. Management in that hotel is dramatic. However staff is really positive. Food wasn't bad, but as a Polish i'm not get used to not have any meat on the breakfast. Just eggs, beans and all kinds of bread.
In Poland, hostels provide much better services.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Irek K
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Originally booked into the classic Hyde park but for some reason was taken to this hotel. No explanation but just taken over by guy on reception. Was given a twin room on top floor, asked for twin so this was okay, room was fine, a bit bit shabby sheet I guess. Furniture was all in good order with none broken. Decent size room also. Bedding fine but with the usual too man cushions which ended up on the floor when I went to bed. Bathroom small but useable. Didn't stay for breakfast as I had to be up and out early. Not a bad stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DUNCRHINO186411
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. We were given a room in the basement which was very clean, a nice double bed, flat screen TV, ensuite bathroom. Not the biggest room, but it's fine. The only thing that was kind of tiny was the space between the toilet and the washbasin. We were lucky we are realatively in good shape because somone larger would have difficulties going to the bathroom. The room was perfect temperature wise. We opened a window (not because it was too hot, but because I like fresh air when I sleep), we also had a heater in the room (we didn't use it). There were extra blankets and pillows in the drawers. The shower had hot water and was very pleasant. The breakfast was also very good, coffe, juice, milk, youghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, bread, cheese, eggs, beans, etc. My only complaint is that although the staff is very nice, they are EXTREMELY loud. We came back one afternoon to take a small break and tried to have a nap and it as impossible. I know a hotel isn't a library, but this lady (and I think it was her normal voice) was practically shouting. Again, I'm pretty sure it was her normal voice and I understand that you talk while you work, but it's a hotel, the walls are pretty thin, so maybe if you know you have a loud voice try to speak lower.
Apart from that, which also only happened that one time, the hotel was very nice. It's two blocks from Paddington, about 5 minutes from Hyde Park, lots of restaurants and small convenience stores around. The man at the reception desk was also nice enough to let us leave our luggage there after checkout. Good value for the money, if we go back to London we will def. stay here again!

Room Tip: Room in the basement just where the stairs end (I think it was 3) is very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank viva_la_kim
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel at short notice. This is a budget hotel very convenient for paddington
The rooms are okay. Clean and tidy. There are signs of wear and tear. The bed in rpom 5 was very comfortable no complaints here. However the decoration is tired and some furniture is worn breakfast is okay plenty of it
Dont expect a full English. I was happy with choices
I would go back. But i would prefer to find a less tired hotel

• Stayed: September 2013