“Great location - shame about the rest...”
Review of Premier West Hotel

Premier West Hotel
Ranked #973 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a friend who booked it for a one night stay over in London. This hotel has two things going for it - the price and the location. It's literally 3 minutes walk from Hammersmith underground which will easily get you to many popular tourist areas like Piccadilly, Oxford Street and the West End and is well linked to all other underground lines. The second plus is the price. We paid £55 for a twin room and you will really struggle to get anything with this good of a location for this kind of price.
Unfortunately that is where the good points end. The hotel is extremely run down, smells like public toilets and is generally a mess. Our room was an ok size but nothing worked. The shower was broke so had to be handheld and took about 10 minutes to get hot water. The tv didn't work, the wall lamps did not work, gurgling sounds kept coming from the plug holes and the door to the room was almost falling off. Amazingly we weren't even provided with duvets of the beds, just a sheet and a very flimsy, old brown blanket. My friend was so cold she had to wear two polo necks just to keep warm! Also annoying was loads of slamming doors from about 6am in the morning which wasn't the best wake up call. Breakfast was very basic but fine. Weirdly they also photocopied my friends passport when she checked in.
Neither of us are fussy and so if we absolutely couldn't find anywhere else we could afford, then we probably would stay again but if you're after a romantic stay or are coming for a nice weekend in London then don't book the Premier West as you will probably be very let down. If however, you are on a very tight budget, are used to 'no frills' and want a great location, the this may be an option for you. Just don't have any expectations and take a polo neck!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Char882013

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We arrived at this place not a good impression from the outside old cars covered over an unkept appearence , walked through door to a really nasty smell, went to book in and the man at reception asked for my booking as he did this he burped in my face but didnt even acknoledge he had done so was told our room was on the first floor walking to room the whole place smelt of mould and damp i had to hold my breadth to walk to room once in room you could feel the damp,bathroom - no shower working,bday had a big hole and jagged to touch toilet would only flush after about 15 minutes decoration in bathroom was awful dirty and flaky paintwork bedroom- carpet was filthy black marks everywhere tv an old fashion one that wouldnt work bedclothes were clean but were damp kettle had to use on the floor as the table it was on was too high to reach the socket trouser press not working .Didnt have breakfast as the so called dining room was a little alcove dark and with 4 tables didnt look to clean so avoided that stayed out as late as possible to avoid going back to room slept in clothes and coat as it was so damp

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed overnight for new year's eve, good hotel for a short trip, as its very close to Hammersmith station. The earlier comment rather too harsh, so not much expectation for this visit. but the reception are pretty unfriendly though, we had guest coming and they were advising us that only 2 people allowed in the room, perhaps should ask visitor differently? is not that we don't know the rules and regulations.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The en-suite is clean, and towels supplied. There is a TV in the room BUT not working. Regular supply of Shampoo and Soap. The shower has good regulation of hot & cold water.

Breakfast is a mixture of fruits, yogurt, juice, cereal and toast. They also serve coffee and tea. This is served downstairs in the breakfast hall, but it was a bit congested with few tables only.

The radiator in our bedroom seemed to be not working but there was a heater which I could switch on and off according to my needs. Good point is that it is well-situated for access to buses and Hammersmith train station.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I´ve been in this hotel during 2 nights last october, so I´ve to say that I don´t have any complain. If you are looking for a place cheap to stay and clean, it´s a good option! The building is old, there is some facade problems but I had a clean and confortable bed, also hot water for shower. It´s well located, near to the underground and places to eat! Good option for students who wants to visit London! I don´t think you may find something with same price! It´s cheap and a bit better than a hostel!

Room Tip: Triple room is a good option in this hotel! It is bigger than the other ones!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I bought a stay at this hotel on the third week of September through a website, not realizing how fake the photos can be.
First I was greeted with a solemn looking Asia Asian staff who was obviously far from familiar with British etiquette.
Then I noticed the horrid dank smell of fungal, infected furnishing. And it was even worse at the 2nd floor room I was given which had a view to two huge waste bins below.
Worse to come, I had only ice cold shower working and the hot shower was only fixed on the fourth day of my five days of wasteful stay. Same inaction on the bathroom sink that got clogged every two seconds the faucet was turned on.
This stay in London certainly gave me a bad first impression of cleanliness standard in UK, which luckily didn't last long after I stayed at several other hotels during my extended UK visit.
Some may say you get what you pay for but 50 quid a day would have been better spent in investing on a tent to sleep outdoors..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Ok let me start by saying yes the location is amazing that's the only thing they have going for them.
If your looking for something dirt cheap and you only want to sleep in it this is it.
But even when you sleep it's absolutely rubbish the blanket is so thin and I found myself wrapping myself up with my own clothes.
The toilets are filthy and disgusting.
I'm sorry to say this but I know it's a 1/2 star BUT seriously all you need is decent painting and cleaning (I mean get scrubbing) and my god the corridors make you feel suffocated and stuffy. The breakfast is straight forward it's not cooked but I decided not to go down for breakfast as there wasn't much choice and looking at how filthy everything else was I rather not eat there.
People that are writing 4/5 star I dread to think what your houses are like!!!!
I expect at least decent cleaning, there were ants and a fly in the toilet.
The staff were pleasant at least.
Shame it's such a run down place.
A little bit more work and it could be something amazing. I mean guys you have the best location in the place you can really make it work and if its nicer people will pay more!!

• Stayed: November 2013