“perfect location for apollo”
Review of Premier West Hotel

Premier West Hotel
Ranked #973 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked this hotel for the location, as we were attending the kate bush concert at Hammersmith Apollo.
It is basically as close as you could wish for and only took a couple of minutes walk to get to the venue.
This hotel has had terrible reviews.. yes it need upgrading,and attention to detail on the furnishings but if you can look past the shabby walls etc.. it is a clean,cheap and friendly hotel with all the basics you need for an overnight stay. The sheets and towels were spotless which is most important to me. The TV didn't work and generally it needs tidying up but overall you get what you pay for. We parked our car at the hotel for an extra £10,00 which was great and like I said,if your visiting the Apollo, then this hotel is great for location and price.
Thanks to all the staff there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scrumpySpain

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked at short notice for a weekend, with location and price in mind. These are fine, but the hotel itself is a bit of a shocker. The room was very basic. Just old laminate flooring, a VERY low bed and an old rickety wardrobe. No tv and nowhere to sit. En suite was tatty and swower not great. Also there were padlocked wooden boxes with dodgy looking electrics in them (boxes were badly built, you could see inside!). It was clean though, and at £50 a night in central London 2 minutes from the tube, what can you expect?! If you're in London for the weekend you won't be spending much time there anyway...

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I am actually from the UK but stayed at this hotel when visiting as I now live overseas. I was travelling with my wife and baby and needed somewhere to stay for a couple of nights.

I booked this hotel a bit hastily, before I had chance to read the reviews. I tried to cancel but could not. I decided to give it a go.

We stayed in room 206 and overall were very impressed. We got a large clean room with an en suite bathroom for £55. There was also a double and single bed in the room.

Our experience was very different than some of the other reviewers. We found the staff to be quite helpful.

The breakfast was included and pretty okay. There was bread with jam, butter or cheese; cereals with fresh milk; fresh fruit; and a choice of tea, coffee and juice.

On the downside, the hotel didn’t look great from outside. Also, we had to hold the showerhead if we had a shower. We could have a nice bath though.

Overall, we had a good experience. I would recommend our room to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LLW-KL
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Perfect location, a clean room (cleaned daily), en suite bathroom, a kettle and sugar and coffee/tea sachets in the room, free wifi, breakfast, friendly staff – what else can you wish for. The only problems were heat and traffic noise, so bring earplugs with you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anukene
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was old and a bit grotty around the edges but we paid £50 for a room in central London which is really cheap!! The room was clean and the bed was quite comfy. We checked in at 12:30am and left at 8:30am. We had a good nights sleep and freshened up. Bathroom was clean but tired with cracked tiles. We didn't bother with the breakfast that was included as we were in a rush... it didnt look like anything special but I wouldnt have expected anything with what we paid. It was only 4 mins from the hammersmith tube station. Staff were very helpful and reception was 24 hours.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our room is small and very hot. The tv isn't working and the toilet is very small and too hot.
The stairs and the hall are very hot too.
The situation is good but the travelcard day (metro + bus) is expensive.
The staff are not very nice, because we don't speak English very well and they don't try to speak slowier, but they help us fastly.
The breakfast continental is normal, not very quantity and variety.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Bea F
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Yes the location is good but it's definitely not enough to make you want to stay here. There are other hotels in great locations and although you will probably pay more, it's worth it.

Comments made in previous reviews are all correct;
- the tv doesn't work. Reception said it's only just happened and they will have a look at it. Doesn't happen.
- hairdryer doesn't work
- most of the lights don't work
- electrical wiring is extremely suspect
- holes in walls and roof
- toilet seat doesn't stay up so your sitting with it pressed against your back
- moldy smell
- filthy carpet
- extremely humid, window can be opened but too noisy. If your room is at the front you get no air through anyway.
- unclean bathroom, moldy
- very small room
- not good security, door nearly falling off hinges
- breakfast was stale cereal, toast was ok but juice was warm not cold
- bed and pillows were bad

If your like me than you look at reviews before booking a hotel. I didn't research this hotel at all, didn't check reviews, and booked it in a hurry. I also got taken in by the low price and great location. Price is not everything and at the end of each day my husband and I had no where to relax and de-stress after a busy day. We found ourselves getting out early in the morning and not getting back until late just to avoid staying in the room any longer than we had to. I wanted to go somewhere else but I couldn't get a refund.

Please consider other options.

• Stayed: July 2014