“Great experiencie”

Ranked #556 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Great experiencie”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I spend four nights at Stylotel and all was great. The hotel stuff is very helpful and they can help you in order to know London sites. Also they offers several discounts on restaurants and London attractions. At the lobby hotel they have tee and coffee for free, that's a good detail.

The breakfast was nice, they have some juices, milk and cereals. Also you can choose the classical bacon plus egg and sausages, which are very good and tasty.

Stand out that the hotel is very quiet, despite our room was located toward main street (Sussex Gardens) which has continously traffic we could rest and sleep very well. The bed was very comfortable. The unique "negative" point is that the room is a little tiny, but normally London's hotels room are. Despite the room size, is totally enough for sleep, rest and take breakfast.

The location is so good, very close to Padington Station (where you can move around Central London with Circle Line). Also, if you like to walk, you can arrive to Hyde Park around 7-10 mins. Moreover you can walk towards Edgware Road and you will be in Oxford Street and MarbleArch in only 15 mins, this could make you to save money in transports.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 December 2013

So I was looking for somewhere cheap, but
1. central location but can also allow me to get to the airport easily
2. clean
3. store my luggage safely after check out so I could still go to other places before leaving London (amazed to discover that not many budget accommodations offer this)
4. safe where a solo female traveller could go back at night without feeling dangerous

I have been reading almost every review for these budget hotels and doing a lot of research because I really would like to find a cheap but good place. And Stylotel is exactly what I am looking for. I was about to book another capsule hotel when I finally found out Stylotel. It's cheaper and it offers more free facilities that you need to pay for in those other capsule hotels, like towel and TV, plus the rate includes breakfast as well! I felt like I found a real gem. And the tube station is just 2-3 minutes away!

Plus, the staff are super friendly. Upon check in, they gave me a map and tube map which is very useful for travellers. They always let me know that I can always help myself with the tea and coffee near the front desk. Even though I have checked out already and I was taking back my left luggage before heading to the airport, the staff at the front desk also reminded me again I could just rest for a while and have some tea or coffee before leaving. This makes me feel so comfortable and welcomed. I would definitely recommend this to my friend and will choose to stay with them again next time.

Some people said the bed sheet is not that clean, I think it's acceptable for this price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank detunedhermia
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The hotel was clean & tidy, the staff were very helpful, good location for exploring London, Restaurants, Pubs close by, Interior of the Stylotel stylish, dependant on taste, car parking a bonus for this area of London, well worth a stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The location is perfect for short jaunts to London - only a 4 minute walk from Paddington. The room was clean and the front desk staff had added an extra heater to make sure it was warm. This was good as the blankets are not as warm as you might hope. I was in room 101 - a twin room. Enough space, but have to admit the bathroom having an glass door which was probably a service entrance was a bit odd; it was opaque, but felt a bit odd. Took a while for the water to get hot (which was good to realize). Otherwise, the stay was pleasant. Breakfast was good. Staff was accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Staying here for 3 nights, was upgraded to a bigger room, excellent service. Staff was incredible friendly and helpful. The price is very good for London and the rooms were very clean. although it had a bit of chlorine smell. Nothing an open window couldn't fix. The bed was nice and hard, the bathroom small but good enough for our use. Breakfast was standard but nice. We got a free drink each for the pub around the corner. The hotel was 2 minutes walk to Paddington station. Recommend using the bus (7 and 150-something) for oxford street. It's cheaper. Very nice neigbourhood. Good choices for food. Lots of hotels so many tourists around. Will be going back here the next time we're in London.

Thanks for a nice stay :D

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I chose this place originally because it was in a great location, just a minute from Paddington to walk.

Unfortunately my friend and I were considerably disappointed when we discovered a tiny room, beds that made our backs ache and a toilet covered in hair and dust - it was clearly not cleaned before we got there.

The shower is claustrophobically small and for some unusual reason there was only one powerpoint in the room. In this day and age that seems a little silly - we had to take turns in charging our phones.

The atmosphere wasn't particularly friendly and the breakfast was average.

All in all, I'd recommend to pay extra to stay somewhere a little better.

But if you are looking for a simple bed and a great location it's fine.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Nice hotel conveniently located next to Hyde park and 20 mins walk from Oxford street. Clean and stylish rooms, though painfully small. Staff very friendly and flexible with breakfast service times. Prices reasonable for the area.