“Great location, decor may it be to your taste”
Review of Stylotel

Stylotel
Ranked #588 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The positives: Location is very handy, just a few minutes from Paddington Station. On arrival we had the offer of an upgrade to a suite for only £20 P/night. The manager helpfully showed us both rooms - and we decided the upgrade was worth it. Nice to have 2 rooms, well kitted out, including kitchen area and 2 TVs, with comfy bed.

The downsides: The suites are just around the corner, above Sussex Arms bar. While not an issue generally, the 6am kegs delivery was very noisey on Monday, with 30 mins of banging. Breakfast was ok, although hot options weren't kept very warm. The decor is a bit cheesy, lots of crome and angles! It's supposed to be stylish but I have my doubts.

Room Tip: Suites are great for a bit of space. Just be warned if on Monday, as stated above. The hotel offer d...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomtastic

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days in a triple room. Very comfortable and clean. The room and bathroom were small but adequate, and typical for this type of hotel in London. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast every morning was lovely. The hotel interior kind of resembles something out of the 'Crystal Maze' but that added to the charm. Fantastic location, right near the Bakerloo underground line and a nice quiet area at night. The only small gripe was that there was only 1 plug in the room which for 3 girls with hair appliances and phone's etc, was a bit of a nuisance, but overall great value for money and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank N1kkaJ
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Let's start with the positives. This is a great location within short walking distance to Paddington Station and Tube. Access to and from Heathrow and to the city was convenient. Breakfast and the breakfast staff were nice. The room was clean, quiet and the TV worked. But...
Our room was across the street from the office and over a pub. Anytime we needed something (i.e., towels) from the office, we had to walk over because the room phone did not work, despite our request to have it fixed. When we took showers, the floor was drenched as the walk-in shower is even with the floor and the door leaked water. The room was dark (even with all the lights on) and the room temperature was hard to regulate: it was either too cold or too hot (no, we are not the three bears). The first desk staff member we met was helpful; the others were not.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I really like this hotel and have stayed here a couple of times. This time the staff were incredibly helpful, my room was nice and quiet and I like that the heating is easy to adjust. The tv worked fine, the breakfast was ok and the late night front desk guy ,Nikos, was lovely.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hazel H
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights recently for a girly weekend with my mum and sister. The room was very clean, a bit on the small side however we really only dumped our luggage, showered and left to explore London. Paddington station is a 2 minute walk away which is great for catching the underground all over the city. We walked to Oxford street most days and again this is only 15 minutes walk away. The road itself had traffic but was quiet at night so there was no problems sleeping at night. Breakfast is included in this hotel which isn't always a norm for London and the food and ladies who worked in the kitchen were lovely and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a central location, clean room and on a budget. I would definitely come back and stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank foodmuncher2014
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We spent 5 nights, family holidays. The location is great, very close to Paddington Tube st. (200 m distance) and very good connection to bus routes. The breakfast was nice, the room was small but clean and the staff was very helpful, especially Andreas. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms in ground level have some noise during breakfast hours and smell from kitchen, preparing break...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 65giorgio
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The staff were nothing but friendly, seeing genuinely so rather than as if they were being force to do it, something that is often found in London hotels. They were willing to go the extra step to help, such as receiving a parcel or booking a taxi which was much appreciated.

The room was heated when I walked in, but you're able to adjust the thermostat (thank goodness!). The window doesn't open very much, and the room that I had looked into a courtyard and other people's houses, but I suppose you get what you pay for.
The decoration probably isn't to everyone's taste; the walls are lined with what looks like metal, and the floor is laminated wood. There is a decent-sized mirror though and the television is of good quality. I enjoyed the simplicity of the room and found that while I was there, I didn't notice it much.

I had a twin room, which was two single beds pushed together. This made it slightly awkward to sleep in as I kept sliding between the beds, also, the linen could be improved on. However, the mattress was comfortable so it was a good sleep.

While not dirty, there was a quantity of dust on the floor when I first walked in. This was gone the second day, but I have a feeling my bed sheets weren't changed. Perhaps if there was a sign that indicated if the sheets wanted changing?

I didn't go to the sister-pub across the road, but went to the dining room in the basement for breakfast. It was cramped and there wasn't much variety of food on offer. Not bad, but very average.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Stylotel and will probably return again if I had to stay in a budget hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business