“Great B&B”

Ranked #106 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Yeovil
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Good hotel for overnight stay in London when we were going to a gig at Shepherds Bush Empire (10min walk away). Room was very comfortable and modern with a new bathroom. Very helpful staff who directed us to a nice pub for dinner. Has a vending machine which is always good after a night out! Great breakfast and convenient location as only 5/10min walk from Hammersmith tube station. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Northumberland UK
Reviewed 10 October 2012

From 'phoning to book at the last minute through to arriving late at night, the service provided at this B&B is just excellent. Every question answered, taxi booked for me quickly the next morning, really pleasant staff. My single room was small but that hardly mattered. The bathroom was immaculate and modern. It's a great value B&B that is very clean, comfortable, and accommodating. The comments in the visitors' book, and the number of foreign tourists staying are testimony to its reputation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I only stayed one night in this hotel and it was fantastic. The WIFI was included in the price, the rooms were very clean, there was a plasma TV and I had a double bed all to myself. Beds are really comfortable and kept me warm through the night. The hotel owner was very kind to me, taking my luggage to my room and basically waited on me hand in foot for the whole time.

The hotel rooms are quite small and my only complaint is that walls are paper thing. Every time someone comes up the stairs, you can hear the floorboards creek. Other that this hotel is perfection.

Room Tip: Anywhere in the hostel is quiet although I would suggest a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Phoebe F
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this lovely B and B with my daughter. Have put as friends travelling as she is an adult.
We just wanted somewhere clean and convenient to stop for a couple of days in London. Star Hotel really fit the bill perfectly. It is spotless, the beds are comfy. The hosts are delightfully friendly and helpful. Breakfast was just what we needed.
Lovely stroll (5-10 mins depending on how slowly you stroll) to 2 different tube stations. For the reasonable price you could not ask for more.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed here with work and was dreading it after our offices last London hotel booking,
But no need to worry although rooms were small and basic they were extremely clean and well kept. No loud noises at night and had a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
East Lansing, MI
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here in July, chose it because of its promixity to the Hammersmith Apollo where we were attending the Queen Concert and because of price. Well, to our delight it ended up being lovely and will DEFINITELY be our go to hotel in London.

The Star is an easy less than 1/2 mile walk from the Hammersmith tube station, we arrived horribly jet lagged, Luigi was so sympathetic and made sure our room was quickly cleaned although we were 2 hrs early for checkin time, I was worried because our room was on the first floor, right next to the office and breakfast room, but it ended up being quiet and yes, it was nice not having to climb the steps after heavy duty touristing all day! Our room had two twin beds, an eccentric layout with the beds in one room, a door to an entryway with a large set of shelves and the bathroom with shower. We ended up unpacking our clothes and toiletries to those shelves. the shower had good pressure; it would have been a tight fit if someone was very heavy.

The breakfast had a good selection of cheeses, yogurt and pastries, and every morning they remembered I liked hot chocolate and brought me a little pot for the table. They also brought out fresh toasted toast. One day I needed needle and thread to sew a button; Luigi had it for me in literally a minute. A friend who was staying up the street at a much more expensive place was sent out on the street to look for the same! Luigi also arranged for a relatively inexpensive taxi ride to the airport when we left (too early for subway).

The Hammersmith station has a small mall inside which was convenient. MANY nice restaurants and pubs in the vicinity. It was about 15-20 min tops to get to the central tourist area.

BTW-London 2 for 1- worth the trouble of bringing passport sized photos and going to a central train station. It saved us TONS of money.

Thanks Luigi from the Michigan lady and her daughter, hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed here in July, 2012 and had a wonderful experience. Stephanie and Luigi are fine hosts and the room was adequate. (My room did face the street, which was noisy, but that's not the hotel's fault!). I have a severe allergy to all dairy products, so Stephanie bought breakfast food especially for me that was dairy-free and I was grateful. The location is perfect. I was there during the start of the London Olympics, but Hammersmith is like a little mini-city onto itself, so I didn't experience any of the crowding and chaos. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo