Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
£94
Nickie H

Clean and well equipped ; friendly and decent area

Review of Star Hotel B&B
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Feb 2024via mobile
Stayed here overnight and can't fault the place.
Had a very friendly welcome and let into our room 2 hours earlier than advertised. Room and hotel overall very clean and well equipped. Would definitely stay here again.
Was only a 10 minute walk to the underground and had a decent array of shops and food places near by
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip.com
    £73
6.0 miles from Star Hotel B&B
View more hotels in London
All reviews hammersmith station no lift top floor would definitely stay here again min walk comfortable beds twin room tube noise tesco sirens cleanliness lodging earplugs pros cons proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2023 via mobile

So basically I was going to a mates leaving bash for a few drinkypoos and decided on crashing at this gaff rarher than risk driving home (I'm a grown up).

The lady at the reception was pretty gleaming, very helpful and friendly. She did warn me about an issue with the door to my room but never had I imagined this would unfold into such horror. Following the bash I go to bed and wake up this morning. The delights of Hammersmith and the vagrants outside the window compliment the local character. I opt to wash, and here we have our first of only two issues. The shower head was a bit loose so I had to aim it with one hand and wash with the other, thus wasting time and water but the temperature was alreet so it isn't all bad. I dry, brush me peggies, get dressed, attempt to leave and THEN to my utter horror I discover the SECOND issue! The door to my room is broken. It won't open. It's stuck. The handle turned but the bolt refused to yield. I'm trapped.

I knocked and shouted for help but to no avail. I decided to use me noggin and began working on a plan to escape. To assist with this I put the kettle on (in times of crisis we drink tea). I considered lobbing myself out of the window but on carrying out a detailed risk assessment, I'd have had to negotiate the pigeon spikes before inevitably falling to my death. Not a viable option to be honest. I then considered burrowing through the wall but I'd forgotten my bore drill and your tea making kit didn't have one either. Kick the door off the hinges? Possibly.... but then I'd only be billed for the hinges.

Alas, I decided on the boring option and called reception for someone to come and rescue me. They came. I notified the nice young lady of the problem. She told me it had been a problem for a while.

Maybe fix it?

Room tip: Avoid getting locked in your room.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gary W
Reviewed 13 September 2023 via mobile

Perfect for my one night stay for work in London. Receptionist was friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was small but very comfy with ample pillows. Decent shower. Walking distance to the tube and a number of places to eat. Good price. No frills but just what I needed.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2023

This is place is so nice, super clean and super close to 2 different tube lines. The area is full of restaurants, shops, bars so easy to manage everything.

They cleaned our room every day in a high level and the staff were very kind and helpful . Highly recommended!!!

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Louza L
Reviewed 26 June 2023 via mobile

We stayed at the Star Hotel for 5 nights while visiting London.

Pros: price, proximity to Hammersmith station, access to a wide variety of restaurants. Comfortable bed. Clean.

Cons: Adjacent street had quite a flow of sirens as it is a main thoroughfare; upstairs room can get a bit warm in summer months though we were fine with opened windows and the in-room fan. Use of air-con is available for a fee. Room is small but we were here literally open for sleep.

P.S. The TripAdvisor title of this lodging calls it a B&B. Perhaps it provided breakfast once upon a time. There is no breakfast at this lodging.

Would we stay here again - yes!

Room tip: No lift at hotel fyi
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank theplaceswherewego
Reviewed 17 June 2023

Good value, close to tube, lots of good places to eat near by. Friendly and helpful staff. Room clean and comfortable. Basic toiletries provided. Tea/coffee in room. Shower a little on the small side. No longer provides breakfast which we hadn't realised when we booked.

Date of stay: June 2023