“Something good and things less good”
Review of Montana Hotel

Montana Hotel
Ranked #410 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I booked the Montana online as this offered a good deal for South Kensington at £180.

Having made a mistake in the dates only discovered quite late on, the hotel was very helpful in changing the booking

The room was fairly basic with nothing in the minibar and also no shampoo only soap in the bathroom

There was no coffee available in the bar downstairs as not everyone wants an alcoholic drink in the evening and there was no tea/coffee make in the room

Pluses are its convenience only yards from Gloucester Road Underground station and the room was clean. Breakfast was fairly basic continental. Would have been nice to have croissants

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have stayed 3 times during September/October 2013 and can not praise it highly enough. The service is delightful and friendly and we felt most comfortable. This hotel has got to have one of the best Indian cuisine restaurants anywhere. Fabulous location on Gloucester Road close to tube station. This hotel will become our regular London hotel. We are currently setting dates for staying July/August 2014.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a little smaller that others. If this is of concern then discuss the matter at time o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here because they had a advance purchase rate that was excellent. It had a shared bathroom, but saw no evidence anyone else used it. I could not have been more pleased with this hotel. If you know London, this is a great location if coming into Heathrow and taking the Tube. Courteous staff - had my room available when I arrived early and when leaving they watched by luggage so I could spend time at the Victoria and Albert ( short distance). Room very quiet and adequate space. Very quiet, never heard anyone else. Breakfast is good enough.
Overall, for value this is a very good place.

Room Tip: I requested quiet room, they gave me 4th floor in back. EXCELLENT
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I'm pleased I chose this boutique hotel for my husband and I as part of our short 3 day London stay. My main reasons for this choice was the location of South Kensington and it's lovely architecture and the convenience of Heathrow Airport. I was not disappointed. We arrived in London at 6pm and it was easy to hop onto the Piccadilly Line and arrive pretty much on the doorstep of the Montana Hotel. The reception staff and restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful. We were a bit surprised that we had twin beds instead of double, but it really didn't matter to us. The restaurant serves Indian cuisine of good quality and was still open when we arrived at around 8.30pm! In the morning the restaurant changes to a breakfast buffet which serves a simple English style breakfast, but was perfect for us Aussies. I don't like a full stomach after breakfast. The housekeeping was perfect with our room tidied each day and the beds were comfortable and the room not too small. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosemary W
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at the Montana in Febuary this Year room 403, and all I can say is that it was a Wonderfull stay.
The Staff were kind, and helpfull.
And the Food from the restraunt that was brought to our room was just outstanding.
Its our Wedding anniversery soon, and to make it special i've booked the Montana again.

Can't wait forl 02/11/2013.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LAMBCHOPS_10
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at this cozy hotel in London and enjoyed every little bit of my stay. The rooms, as well as the whole of the hotel, are extremely well taken care of and clean, however small. The staff is friendly and polite, the location is superb, only across the street from the main underground lines, or you can even walk to the most beautiful sites in London. If you are on a holiday it is a perfect place to stay. Breakfast was plentiful, however a full English would suit better. if you do not want a bathroom and want to save some money, don´t be put off by the shared bathroom deal, there is a washbasin in the room for brushing your teeth and washing your face. I went to the bathroom, which was nice and clean, a number of times during my ten- day- stay and it was always free, I did not have to way a single second. it is the second time I stay at the Montana and I would definitely stay over and over again and strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Hotel Montana is a good little hotel in a great location, literally across the road from Gloucester Road tube station, with many terrific restaurants dotting the neighbouring streets. It's a good rest stop for visiting central london and the suburbs and not too far from Heathrow (GBP 40 by Taxi).
The rooms are perfectly adequate, smallish, but with all basic amenities. There's a lift in the premises.
The staff, particularly Elvis whom I had a couple of long chats with, make a great effort to make one's stay as comfortable as possible. I found the wifi perfectly fine as opposed to some other reviewers.
There's an Indian restaurant on site with great food. It's packed every night which is what made me break my normal practice of never eating Indian food overseas...and wow was the food good - fragrant, nuanced, subtly spiced - not at all like the typical spicy drivel that's passed off as Indian food outside of India.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the front of the building overlooking Gloucester road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business