Montana Hotel
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgloucester roadtube stationthe royal albert hallcontinental breakfastnatural history museumwithin walking distanceyogurtstay there againshared bathroomsingle roomexcellent locationroom safefamily roomhyde parkminute walkpiccadilly linekensington gardens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is in ideal location in London. Close to tube station and only 10 minutes away from the Royal Albert Hall where I was visiting.
The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, going out of their way to help us. Even upgrading my room last minute to a double rather than a single when my partner decided to join.
The room itself was very clean and tidy with everything I needed. However, the room was very small. Thankfully we were only staying for 1 night so this was not a problem, but for anyone staying a week or so they may feel slightly cramped.
There was no duvet on the beds, rather blankets which seems slightly old fashioned.
Overall the hotel was reasonable value for money, but the staff's fantastic service more than makes up for what the hotel lacks in space.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I arrived for an over night stay. We were put into a downstairs (basement) room that was unbelievably claustrophobic, so I asked for a better room. The room was on the first floor and the window had frosted glass (!) The bedding had a blanket - note, no duvet, which surprised me. When I asked about a duvet was told the hotel didn't use them. The bathroom floor had serious cracked tiles and also the wall tiles were the badly cracked. Cupboard over washbasin had definitely seen better days. Only two tiny bars of soap - no shampoo, no shower jell. Only two towels and they were the large bath towels, no bath mat! Only thing in their favour was the staff tried very hard and the breakfast was good, although at an additional cost. Cost over £130 for one twin for one night - definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: I doubt any of the rooms would suit everyone!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clogtown
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I have booked this hotel for my one night visit to london from aberdeen. My flight was cancelled and I got stuck in airport. Called the hotel to cancel my booking even though it is non refundable booking and surprisingly they were very considerate and have not charged me for booking

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at the MONTANA hotel for 4 nights. The location is very convenient, it is across the street from GLOUCESTER RD tube station, where u can take picadilly line directly to heathrow. There is a waitrose and a tesco sm nearby and coffee shops as well as pubs. The hotel room was acceptable, a bit narrow for 3 persons and the bathroom very narrow and old. The beds were very uncomfortable and short (my husband's legs wouldn't fit). It is an old building that needs restoration. I should point out here that it was very clean. We had continental breakfast included in the room's price, where they offered toast with butter and marmalade, fruit, cereal with milk and yogurt. Coffee was absolutely undrinkable for my taste. Friendly staff I would say. Expensive for what it is (150-170 pounds/day). I will try to find other options next time I will make a trip to London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YAYOUKIS
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Montana is a cheapish budget hotel in a great location close to Gloucester Road tube. I stayed there this week and paid £69 for a twin. Even at that price it felt like a rip off. The hotel is old, rooms are tiny and I was very uncomfortable. You get what you pay for and there is a reason why this place is cheap!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business