“Good coffee”
Review of Recipease Clapham - CLOSED

Recipease Clapham
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place offers a very good cup of coffee, plenty of delicate treats and also, it's pretty good fun watching people taking cooking lessons in the middle of the shop.

It adds something a little bit extra to the dull and standardised shopping facilities around Clapham Junction.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for the South Indian Curry lesson. We absolutely love it and are looking forward to booking some more classes!

The chef was helpful and informative the whole way through. The lesson lasted just under an hour and a half, during which time, working in pairs, we were taken through the spices we would be using and told a few handy tips for chopping garlic and peeling ginger, etc..

The food we produced at the end was delicious (they e-mail you the recipe after the lesson and we will definitely be having another go at these recipes at home). We made the curry and onion bajiis and were given rice, plain naan, a lovely homemade coriander chutney and a drink to accompany the meal.

This was a lovely evening out and was good value for money (especially when you look at how expensive other cooking classes are in London).

Reviewed 23 December 2012

As a wedding gift we got a voucher to take classes there. We decided to go for the sushi masterclass and it was pretty cool.
I'm lucky enough to know how to deal with the kitchen, so it was more of a challenge for my partners (who now appreciate even more my cooking after working so hard... :)

They gave us a glass of wine each and the staff is EXTREMELY friendly. The course lasted for about 90min and it just flew by.
We made enough food for 4 and had some on site before going home and dropping by some friends' to give them tons of sushi. They loved them as much as we did.

We haven't tried their café, but we'll sure do sometime soon...

1  Thank jingeos
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I love cooking, so whenever I am on a business trip I try and fit in a culinary adventure on the side – dinner at a great restaurant, a visit to a market, a cooking course...

In London recently I booked for the “Knife skills; Chop, slice and dice” course at Jamie Oliver’s Recipease cooking school at Clapham Junction. What a great way to spend an afternoon in a strange city!

The course lasted about 90 minutes and included practical demonstrations, as well as the opportunity to practice your newly acquired skills by preparing a dish, cooking it, and enjoying it afterwards with your fellow “cooks” over a glass of wine. We did chicken stir fry with dan dan noodles and a chopped vegetable salad, which required the full range of knife skills we’ve just leant.

I booked online from South Africa a few days in advance and paid £37 for an off-peak session starting at 15:00. As I was staying in Westminster, I took the National Rail train from Waterloo to Clapham Junction (£5.20 return), which gets you there in less than 15 minutes.

The venue is easy to find (turn left as you exit the Clapham Junction station; walk about 150 m down St John’s Hill; turn right at St John’s Road; another 150 m and you arrive at the pink painted venue).

Afterwards take some time to browse the shop for some innovative kitchen tools. I bought two Speed Peelers (Jamie uses them a lot on his cooking shows) for £7 each.

1  Thank Nambul