“Oh Dear!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Oh Dear!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Really noisy, snooty stuffy staff, chefs who thought everyone should be able to hear only their voice and in my opinion over priced. We went here just for a coffee and cake and despite all the blackboards written up with messages on how to eat healthily within a nice relaxing environment the welcome from the haughty staff was non existent putting you I'll at ease from the get go. If it wasn't for my wife wanting to come here, quite frankly I would have walked away. I really can't find much to say that's positive in this instance. I've had better coffee at McDonalds and the cakes were just as disappointing. Finally my wife also tells me the female toilets were disgusting. I really can't understand the attraction and will not go again. By the way Jamie is one of my favourite Chefs

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Crazyhorse3

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Mildy enjoyable”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Maybe it was the menu that made this a little unsatisfying, we were booked into a pasta making class which was to be served with a simple sage and butter sauce which was bland (regardless of how who was cooking it, it was down to the simplicity of ingredients). The host however was great and really made it enjoyable, as did the wine.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jemma_Stones
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Appeals to lower middle class pram pushers”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The store itself is cluttered with baby buggies and staff are rather patronising and disinterested. Tried asking for advice and to change a booked class to no avail. Staff in Holland Park branch more helpful and representative of the Oliver empire, who, along with the clientele, have nothing to prove.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank saabflyer
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good coffee”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place offers a very good cup of coffee, plenty of delicate treats and also, it's pretty good fun watching people taking cooking lessons in the middle of the shop.

It adds something a little bit extra to the dull and standardised shopping facilities around Clapham Junction.

Visited April 2013
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Lovely evening out!”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for the South Indian Curry lesson. We absolutely love it and are looking forward to booking some more classes!

The chef was helpful and informative the whole way through. The lesson lasted just under an hour and a half, during which time, working in pairs, we were taken through the spices we would be using and told a few handy tips for chopping garlic and peeling ginger, etc..

The food we produced at the end was delicious (they e-mail you the recipe after the lesson and we will definitely be having another go at these recipes at home). We made the curry and onion bajiis and were given rice, plain naan, a lovely homemade coriander chutney and a drink to accompany the meal.

This was a lovely evening out and was good value for money (especially when you look at how expensive other cooking classes are in London).

Visited January 2013