“Great Coffee, Lovely Staff”
Review of Recipease Clapham - CLOSED

Recipease Clapham
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I love coming here!! the coffee is great and the staff are always more than helpful and friendly. They know their menu, have great, honest communication with each other and the customers and are very prompt in service. The atmosphere is lovely with the chef preparing meals in front of you, the shop in front of the store, the share tables and the music as well.
Overall its a great start to the morning and I more than recommend anyone to visit here!

1  Thank Elyse H

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Very rude staff!! We went to the shop thinking its Jamie's store it would be great, had some great things but the STAFF were extremely rude! they didnt even acknowledge our presence. Just kept cleaning and drinking coffee. We tried getting their attention to check some prices on the cooking classes but felt like they wanted us to leave straightaway. Sadly had to leave, don't think we will return.

1  Thank Tashkia
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Really noisy, snooty stuffy staff, chefs who thought everyone should be able to hear only their voice and in my opinion over priced. We went here just for a coffee and cake and despite all the blackboards written up with messages on how to eat healthily within a nice relaxing environment the welcome from the haughty staff was non existent putting you I'll at ease from the get go. If it wasn't for my wife wanting to come here, quite frankly I would have walked away. I really can't find much to say that's positive in this instance. I've had better coffee at McDonalds and the cakes were just as disappointing. Finally my wife also tells me the female toilets were disgusting. I really can't understand the attraction and will not go again. By the way Jamie is one of my favourite Chefs

1  Thank Crazyhorse3
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Maybe it was the menu that made this a little unsatisfying, we were booked into a pasta making class which was to be served with a simple sage and butter sauce which was bland (regardless of how who was cooking it, it was down to the simplicity of ingredients). The host however was great and really made it enjoyable, as did the wine.

2  Thank Jemma_Stones
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The store itself is cluttered with baby buggies and staff are rather patronising and disinterested. Tried asking for advice and to change a booked class to no avail. Staff in Holland Park branch more helpful and representative of the Oliver empire, who, along with the clientele, have nothing to prove.

1  Thank saabflyer