“Fantastic Bread Baking!”

South Orange, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Bread Baking!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The "Knead to Know" bread baking lesson at Recipease Clapham was simply fantastic! The instructor, called Jen, was very informative and made the lesson really fun and interesting. The bread itself was really great, and they made a damn good latte to boot.

Visited July 2014

South Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We arrived for a late breakfast to find no table available so we were asked to return in 15 minutes.... we returned after 10 to find someone had been seated before us. So we stood and waited again for a seat...not a great start. Our coffee arrived quite swiftly and was lovely but that was the highlight....we waited an eternity for our breakfasts....again someone was served before us.......2 of us had poached eggs which were all hard.....I can poach a hard egg but I would expect a runny egg to be served when I am a paying customer. The pancakes were not pleasant...the batter tasted as if it was full of baking powder and you had to look hard to find the berries. No one asked if we were happy with our breakfasts, not even when we paid the hefty bill of £35 ........quite steep for three, less than average breakfasts.
Poor food, poor service, disappointing overall experience. We certainly won't be returning.
Not what we expect....Jamie

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jpritchSouthWales
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Learning to cook in public”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My initial paranoia about the class being in full view of anybody in the shop on one side, in the in-store café on the other side and the eagle eyed on St John’s Road was quickly forgotten as we dived into the intricacies of making sushi. As with all classes for beginners you get great satisfaction going from knowing nothing to producing something. Of the three types of sushi that I produced, one was better than some that I’ve had in Japanese restaurants and we’ll forget about the other two.

All in all a most enjoyable afternoon. One unfortunate side effect of my new skill is that I now know how much sugar goes into preparing sushi rice and the sauce for the pickled cucumber. My naïve assumption that sushi was healthy has been rather dented.

Would I do another course? Well I’m very tempted by knife skills.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Richard S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Anjalie was lovely, we had a brilliant time, were well catered for, learnt alot and had fun! Thank you :) excellent start to my ”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

As a vegetarian, I was catered for very well. We really enjoyed this experience and were looked after and taught really well by Anjalie the chef. Thank you so much from me and my hens! I'll try and add some pictures later :)

Visited August 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Coffee, Lovely Staff”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I love coming here!! the coffee is great and the staff are always more than helpful and friendly. They know their menu, have great, honest communication with each other and the customers and are very prompt in service. The atmosphere is lovely with the chef preparing meals in front of you, the shop in front of the store, the share tables and the music as well.
Overall its a great start to the morning and I more than recommend anyone to visit here!

Visited July 2013