“nice in many ways”
Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #133 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The downstairs was lovely and the staff could not have been nicer, but something was a bit shabby about the rooms. They are tiny and there's no way to unpack since there was not a drawer in the room to put clothes in. The wardrobe was tiny. The wallpaper was torn, the doors were in need of refinishing and the bathroom had cracked tiles. The bed was wonderful and the hotel is very quiet. The elevator is extremely slow and has a cracked mirror in the interior. I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It's comfortable and the location is terrific, but something about it feels a bit strange. The cocktail bar is overpriced with two not very good drinks costing almost forty pounds. I doubt I would stay there again since there's nothing memorable about the hotel. I think it may have seen better days. However, I didn't hate it except I did begin to hate the busy flowered wallpaper with its torn edges.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank corsicus
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you so much for your review and I am sorry that it was not 100% satisfactory. I am so pleased that you found the staff helpful and friendly and am sorry that you felt that the room was tired. I am in the process of rewallpapering a couple of rooms and will make sure that I visit the one that you stayed in as a priority.

There are newer reviews for Flemings Mayfair

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Last week we had a five night break in London and chose Flemings Hotel in Mayfair. The hotel is very near theatreland and is close to all the major attractions - we could walk almost everywhere we wanted. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet, on the third floor and was spotless and comfortable and twice we had little treats left for us to eat. We enjoyed the breakfasts enormously. There was a generous buffet and a choice of cooked food. In fact, the breakfasts kept us going until well into the afternoon. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing haven after the sights of a busy London. As I said, the staff were superb, and I would definately return.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms may be rather noisy as the tube runs below this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Janawl
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel is very nice, great location, cozy and we can feel ourselves at a great friend’s home. The staff members are very professional they provide all information one can need . They are always attentive and at the slightest singn of trouble they came up with the best solution for the guest.
In the reception and in the concierge everybody is special. Holly, Leandro, Alberto, Daniel, Joan, Ricardo, Katherine and Kate they are a little bit more.
The restaurant is very good, the breakfast is really nice and the croissants are delicious, people like Mira, Simona, Valentina and Joanna receive us every day with a big smile and all their eficiency.
People like the Mayfairs Flemings staff make the difference in your stay in London.
I strongly recommend this place and it'll be my new; "pied à terre in london."
BRASIL, 10/04/2012

Room Tip: Ask for the new refurbished apartments .
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MAngela C
MatthewCT, Director of Sales at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review and mentioned our first class team.

I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast; just the right way to start the day!

We look forward to welcoming you back to your £pied à terre in London."

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed at Flemings hotel for two nights last week. This is a great Hotel with the most delightful and helpful staff. Bedroom small but very clean and well equiped. Lovely breakfast and great location. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deeutd

Thank you for your review.

I'm really glad you liked our breakfast. Did you get a chance to try our homemade jams?

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Nice location, nice staff (but thats expected) booked and recomended by AMEX Plantinum Express card in Stockholm. I am surprised that they recommend this hotell.

My wife and I should have a short and nice stay i London - at Flemings. We got a very small room ( 238 pound a night! - overpriced) - behind the reception desk - a small dark room and with a window to the road outside an no chance to open the window. And WORSE it was noisy as the tube/underground sounded all the time (every minute) as into the room. When I told the reception they told me that they wrote that into the system so we should get a better room next time we come by!!!

Breakfast, bar and restaurant downstairs as in any cheap touristhotell in London. But again with a very nice staff.

Internet are extra at high cost.

A member of the Small Luxery hotel chain they write - I would say without Luxery. Certainly this is not a four stars hotel nor a slh.

There will not be a next time. Sorry. But still a perfect location! My advice - check the room first IF you want to stay at Flemings. There are more hotels to choice from in London.

And I am still surprised that AMEX recommended this to us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FjellmanStockholm
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and stayed here for 4 nights and were wo every aspect of this first-class boutique hotel, including:

* Location -- 2 blocks from Green Park station, on a relatively quiet road. Named Half Moon Street.

* Hospitlity --we arrived at the hotel after an overnight flight, fully expecting that we would check our bags and wok orotund Mayfair until the official hek-in time that afternoon. We were warmly welcomed by Katie, who I believe is the manager, who offered to check us in Immediately and gave us our choice of rooms, plus free Internet.

The was at least one doorman on call at all times we entered or left, and every one was most. Routes and helpful. The concierge staff was great.

*Our double room was somewhat large, well appointed, with a nice view of the older building across the way.

* We ate one lunch and two dinners at the in-house restaurant and were very pleased with the food, service and atmosphere.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank liviBoston

Thank you for your fantastic review.

You have indeed highlighted some of our favourite things about Flemings, especially our friendly staff. I have passed your details onto Katie who will be over the moon with the mention!

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here recently on business trip, rooms are small, shower not built to accommodate a tall man. Depending on your room you could have a bit of a left/right/up/down walk, bit annoying really. Just one lift which is a bit worn looking with fake book shelves, needs overhaul in all aspects. All in all you are probably over paying for location here.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank JurKal

Thank you for your constructive comments.

We are the second oldest hotel in London and are made up of 6 town-houses, hence why some rooms are a little way away. I have noted your comments about the shower and if you do book do let us know, and we'll allocate you a room to better suit you.