“Fabulous Hotel made us feel very welcome and special”
Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #156 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Liverpool
“Fabulous Hotel made us feel very welcome and special”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

2 close friends and 1 went to the Fleming Hotel just for an overnight stay as part of our friends 40th birthday celebrations - the hotel is beautiful the decor in the public rooms is stunning. The breakfast was very good and most importantly the staff were excellent. Extremely helpful both with regards to the hotel and local knowledge.

We shared a room the beds were very comfortable, very long bath so great for anyone who is over 6ft tall! Lovely power shower too.

We were delighted to discover a bottle of wine and cup cakes to celebrate my friends 40th.

Very helpful with looking after our luggage as we arrived early in the day and then they also looked after it once we had checked out.

5mins walk across the park to Buckingham Palace! Great location.

Would defo recommend this hotel to friends - especially as a lovely treat.

1 Thank Shev1
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
I’m thrilled that you chose Flemings for a recent birthday celebration. Our concierge team pride themselves on their insider knowledge so I’m pleased that they were able to share some tips on the local area with you. That’s fantastic to read that you would recommend at stay at Flemings to friends - I do hope to welcome you to back to the hotel again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Many compliments for Flemings Hotel located in a great location in front of Green Park 5 minutes to walk to the Metro. Equipped with a good service in the complex it offers magnificent rooms with a luxurious interior spaces and an excellent bar service. The staff is always at your disposals and very competent. Arrived two friday ago in the late night we were greeted by a young girl smiling that made us feel right at home.

1 Thank pietro186338
Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Tripadvisor. I’m glad that you had a very warm welcome on arrival at Flemings, and that this set you up for a great stay. It’s great to hear feedback like this from our guests and I will ensure your comments are passed on to our team. I look forward to welcoming you to Flemings again soon.
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed at Flemings Hotel for 1 night (saturday till sunday) with my niece. All I can say is what an amazing experience we had. The hotel is more than I would normally look at paying but on refection now, I would be happy to stay again. Everything is clean and immaculate, with well thoughtout decor. The bed was very comfortable and we heard no noise from within or outside the hotel. It wasn't the biggest of hotel rooms but had eveything we needed and was spotlessly clean which is my main concern. There are plenty of plug sockets and mirrors in the room, so 2 people getting ready isn't a problem. The corridors are narrow but are well lit and yes the lift is slow but if this is your only criticism then you should be a happy guest. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. The staff are friendly and happy to help with anything you need, recommending places and things to do. With Green park tube a couple of streets away and walk through the park to Buckingham palace, getting around is easy and convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
It’s wonderful to read that your stay at Flemings exceeded expectations. I’m glad you enjoyed your room and found the bed comfortable and relaxing. Our team pride themselves on providing guests with a warm, friendly experience so I’m pleased that your visit was ‘fabulous’. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you for a return stay soon.
London
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I had the privelege of sharing the entire Town House amongst my friends and family recently for one night. I had an amazing time, the Town House is beautifully decorated with a great deal of thought gone into the small details. The staff are amazing, very helpful, friendly and with a 'nothing is too much' attitude which made our visit enjoyable.
The location is brilliant, right in the heard of Mayfair, I was spoilt by the location, now I know how the rich live :)
I also ate in the restaurant and had a good old English breakfast the next morning. Everything about Flemings is triple A star rating!
I can't wait to go back again...

Room Tip: All the rooms and apartments are unique, I stayed in the Diamond Apartment with a fantastic lounge a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
I’m delighted to hear you had a memorable stay in our new Townhouse, and noticed many of the small details that went into making our luxury apartments unique. Thank you, it’s very flattering to be described with a triple A rating! We would love to welcome you back to The Townhouse and Flemings again soon.
Ludlow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I only stayed overnight and work had got an excellent tariff on the room; if I had paid full rate for the room, I might have been a bit disappointed. Great location, a few hundred yards from Green Park tube station and The Ritz. The staff, as mentioned, were outstanding; nice building, comfortable bed, powerful shower. I enjoyed my stay overall, and there was even a health benefit; I had intended to stay up for a late beer at the hotel bar, but when I learned a bottle of Budvar was £5.60, I went to bed early instead.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
It’s fantastic to hear our team described as superb, so I’m pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay at Flemings. We have an enviable location just walking distance from many of London’s major attractions and close to public transport. I’m glad this allowed you to make the most of your stay in London. I hope that I can welcome you back to Flemings again soon.
Kalmar, Sweden
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Flemings has great location, I have lived in the hotel room as well as the the one bed apartment.
Hotel rooms are quite small but that is what you expect of central London, the apartment is large and if you are a family travelling it gives you a feeling of a second home in London with own entrance from the back.
The staff are all very professional and friendly, Pedro and John were 5 star! The staff at the bar and restaurant are also to be commended ( forgot their names)
The small corridors and labyrinths to get to the hotel rooms give claustrophobic feeling! The elevator to the apartments is taken from a horror movie, extremely small and slow.
The restaurant and the bar have amazing design, I could spend every evening their and enjoy every drink! The hotel rooms are clean and have nice layout and design. Apartments are a bit worn, you expect more from a 5 star place in regards to kitchen and showers. The water pump and heater makes noise and disturbs other family members if you are using the bathroom at night in the apartment.
Except the narrow corridors which I don't understand why they have not renovated??? The rest of the hotel is great.
When you book a room make sure you ensure to have a window overlooking the street to get some natural light in. And reduce the claustrophobic feeling after the corridor or elevator walk or ride.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chiefen72
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
I’m delighted to hear that you found Flemings like a second home during your recent stay. I will pass on your kind words to both Pedro and John, and I’m pleased to hear you found the service 5 star. It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and bar interiors however I’m sorry to hear that some elements of the hotel layout did not live up to your expectations. Flemings consists of 6 converted Georgian townhouses so it’s difficult to make structural changes to the building, and we do feel that this adds character to the property. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a return stay in the future.
Finland
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Hotel has great location very close to Green park and Mayfair. It's a boutique hotel with nice atmosphere. The staff is exceptionally polite and the small lobby is always well-appointed by staff members. Both check-in and -out were done efficiently.

Being SLH club member I was told to be upgraded in the check-in but still the room was extremely tiny (but that's typical in London). The room had a very lovely and large balcony (almost the size of the room) in which you could not enter for security reasons. In the room rate a free bottle of red wine was included - it was not however delivered in my room at all. Also turndown service lacked the first night but was done properly the second night. The bathroom's table was extremely dirty.

All in all I found that there were too many inconsistences in the hotel for the price they charge (200 £ plus). Next time I will choose Hilton Green Park (see my other review) which is just on the opposite side of the Half Moon St.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
I’m delighted to hear you liked the atmosphere at Flemings and our team were attentive and welcoming. It’s disappointing to read that found your room did not live up to expectations and that you did not receive your complimentary bottle of wine as promised. This has been followed up internally and we have updated our procedures to ensure this does not happen in future.