“We would stay here again”
Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #118 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

My adult daughter and I spent 5 days at the Flemings Mayfair for our first visit to London. It is a lovely small boutique hotel in every sense. Location is amazing - on a quiet side street with a low key facade, a short block away from the Green Park tube and across the park from Buckingham Palace. The staff are warm and friendly, the concierge especially helpful. They seem genuinely happy to help with any and all requests. The rooms are lovely, the bed is great and the bathroom updated and very clean. Arriving from North America long before check in time we were provided with a guest suite to freshen up and rest until our room was ready. The only disappointing aspect was that our plan did not include breakfast which looked excellent but was way too pricey to justify. But there are several great breakfast places close by as there are great dinner restaurants. Check out Shepherd's Market down the street for some gems. Overall it was a perfect experience and we see no reason to try anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Flemings Mayfair Hotel. I am very pleased that you found the staff warm and friendly and that our Concierge looked after you on your first visit to London. The Hotel is located in a very central location with many different sites nearby, and Shepherds Market is a great place to explore with some great little restaurants and pubs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to London.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The wonderfully attentive staff has made me feel very welcome and very much looked after. Could not get a better deal taking into consideration the location, excellent service and nicely decorated and very clean room. Very good breakfast and drinks in front room.

Special thanks to khurram at reception and Ali in breakfast room for making us feel especially welcome. The only downside that the sound isolation is not perfect and if some of your neighbors check in very late it could disturb your sleep. But, to be honest, taking all the pluses, this was very small and insignificant detail which would definitely not stop me from staying there again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am extremely pleased to read you positive comments regarding your stay. I believe our Housekeeping team do a great job maintaining the high standards in the rooms so I am pleased you felt the same way. The Front Room is a very peaceful area and I am happy you relaxed while enjoying some drinks from the bar. I appreciate your special mention of Khurram and Ali, I will ensure they are made aware of your comments and recognised accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My second stay at this great little hotel was even better than my first. Friendly and very serviceminded staff. Great location. The only downside is that they don't have free wifi in the rooms only in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased that we have exceeded your expectations on your second stay, we are always striving to improve the level of service we offer our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very warm and friendly staff, lovely reception area, we had one of cheapest rooms but very comfortable and nicely finished. All round excellent value given the location and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel_T
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Flemings Mayfair Hotel. I am pleased that all of our staff looked after you during your stay and you were able to make the most of one of our promotional packages. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The lounge off reception is comfortable and relaxing, the restaurant good and the friendliness of service difficult to fault. I was able to get a reasonable choice for lunch, even at three pm and they had an excellent offer for residents.

Downsides are that the wifi is not free in the bedrooms, upstairs can be a bit of a rabbit warren and my room (219) was tiny.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Flemings Mayfair Hotel, I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us. We have various promotions available in the restaurant and I am very happy that The Grill team looked after you during your meal. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked for 5 nights so was looking forward to arriving, settling in and getting on with business for a week. Warmly welcomed by lovely staff, smart lobby (which smelt so fresh!), quick/efficient check in. I was upgraded which I was happy about given my length of stay but when I got to my room (room 206) I was disappointed to find it was so small. I hate to think what size my original room would have been! It was quiet, well decorated & equipped though. Good hotel info in room. Complimentary biscuits and bottled water would have been nice....rather than the daily paper which i didn't use. Handwritten welcome card and posh magazines in the room were a nice touch. Stacks of plug sockets which was handy, white company smellies=nice, tiny wardrobe hanging space..had to remove ironing board just to make some space. I was given a dinner deal card offering 2 courses for £22.50 including a glass of wine which seemed great value so I used it but wasn't very impressed with the food or restaurant and I didn't have breakfast but the bar and lounge were great....good atmosphere & service. location is great! So close to the action but tucked away & quiet. I would recommend Flemings and I'd stay there again because the staff were so lovely and welcoming and location is tops....but only if I could get a bigger room/bathroom!

Room Tip: I was upgraded to room 206 because I was staying for 5 nights but it was very small so god knows wha...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Flemings Mayfair Hotel. I am very pleased that you received a warm welcome and found the design and facilities of your room to your liking. We have various promotions in our Restaurant and I am disappointed that the meal did not surpass your expectations on this occasion, I will ensure your comments are shared with the relevant teams. Thank you again for your kind comments regarding the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Visited last weekend and what a disaster!
Be warned..the reception area appears lithe punctures on their website but our room was nothing like the room pictured on their website. Booked a junior suite and was horribly disappointed. Looks sleek online, well the room we got was very dated ( brown and maroon!) with wrinkled up carpet and the bathroom, whilst clean was very poorly finished- someone with a tremor and very fat finger had applied the grout around the bath ! All night there was also a constant engine room noise like the sound in cheap ferries...
Next morning we had breakfast- I honestly thought we were part if Fawlty Towers! We were forewarned it would take 20-30 mins for breakfast, 1 hour later it finally came with ...no bacon . Trivial I know but cooked breakfast without bacon?! They'd run out and the manager who slunk off didn't think to save the restaurant full of bacon starved diners n pop down to Marks for some more!so after many cups of tea we hit out of there. I gave yo say the staff tried very hard to keep the tension steady....but it seems the hotel manager hides away in crisis or perhaps this us just the way this hotel works cos they seemed pretty good at coping! Poor things!

Room Tip: Don't! Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snoozey3967

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Flemings Mayfair and providing the hotel with some feedback. I am disappointed to hear that we did not surpass your expectations on this occasion and for this I am sincerely sorry. I understand our Guest Services team have contacted your directly following your stay and I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.