“4 star going on 5!! Brand family Cheshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #170 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“4 star going on 5!! Brand family Cheshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We chose this hotel randomly but were absolutely delighted it is well located for central London the service is excellent. Couldn't fault the staff from reception to housekeeping. The ambience is warm and inviting with staff friendly and yet remaining professional. Nothing is too much trouble and as we were there for Christmas it was festive and the lounge area actually felt comfortable enough to mix with other guests. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels that become too large and impersonal this hotel felt very comfortable I thought it was excellent value for money and would definitely stay there again. The attention to detail in the room was fabulous. Plenty of towels, slippers, towelling robes, hair dryer, iron bedding and pillows were excellent for a good night,s sleep

Room Tip: We stayed in room 404 lovely size and very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased you found the staff friendly and professional and your room well furnished. After choosing to stay with us instead of other Hotels, we are very happy to see you would return and stay on your next visit as well. We look forward to seeing you in 2014.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

There is a very nice feel about this hotel. The warm welcome from door staff and reception get you off to a good start. We checked in on Christmas Day and booked 2 rooms 110 and 111. Both rooms were spotlessly clean , spacious and very comfortable. Beds were big and lovely cotton sheets, pillows , bathroom had robes and fluffy towels. Tea and coffee making facilities. We booked bed and breakfast breakfast was lovely, good coffee, smoked salmon, ham, cheese, bread , fruit, pastries.ect. For an extra 6£ you could have full cooked breakfast. Flemings is unique, stylish, modern and has a modern stylish decor. There is a great lounge to relax. Yes it was Christmas and everyone seemed happy, there were little treats in the lounge, cakes, mince pies, a nice touch. Boxing Day was the same staff had stayed in the hotel and were all fresh and happy as a result, what sensible management. In summary we loved this little hotel, will be booking again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the superior room. The standard classic rooms are small.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your review and the great comments regarding our Hotel and staff. I am pleased that you had enjoyed your stay and were able to have a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I've really grown to love this hotel and have stayed a couple of times recently. Although the rooms are small, they are comfortable and well appointed. The staff is friendly, professional and efficient. The hotel is in great shape and the bathrooms are all great. The location makes this a hidden gem. In my view the deals you can get at this hotel do not do it justice. I will continue to stay here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Great to read that you have had another enjoyable stay here at Flemings, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service so it is very nice to read your comments. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Scandinavia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

As the location of the hotel is extremely convenient, I have been staying there four times already. Every single time my room has looked different. Of course, they have upgraded some of the rooms, but I find that the rooms differ a lot, in décor and in size. During my latest visit, my room was extremely small and my bed was just inches away from the door (there was a lot of noise from the corridor as people were walking by and talking…almost next to my pillow!). My friends were staying in a much larger room, although we paid the same price for the rooms. My next door neighbor was clearly from across the Atlantic and not adjusted to London time yet as he stayed up very late and made phone calls throughout the night. The soundproofing is not that great in an old house, but you would expect more from a hotel belonging to the Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Cannot say that I slept well this time. During another visit, my room was located next to the room where the chambermaids get their linen and I could hear them gossip there. The other times I’ve stayed at the Flemings have been quiet times.

But there are other reasons why I have returned to this hotel. The breakfast is good, the service and welcome in the reception rather attentive. The rooms are very stylishly decorated and the bathrooms are nice, especially for a London hotel. And the location is great when you want to travel by the tube around London and from/to Heathrow on Piccadilly Line. The hotel is located within a walking distance from many museums and theatres. Green Park is a short stroll away as is the Buckingham Palace. There are grocery stores and restaurants nearby and on Half Moon Street there is not that much traffic if you get a room facing the street.

The hotel advertises its afternoon tea service and as we had a special occasion, we thought that it would be easy to arrange an afternoon tea service during our three night stay at the hotel. Unfortunately, you really have to book in advance even if you are an in-house guest. We were completely flexible regarding the times and day, but they could not fit us in. Oh well, there were plenty of other hotels and department stores close by that do afternoon tea as well.

My recent experience with the small and noisy room will make me think twice about my hotel choice next time I visit London.

Room Tip: in the end of a corridor....
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Flemings. I'm disappointed that the room you stayed in on this occasion was not as comfortable as your previous experiences. As you mentioned we have many different styles and designs in the rooms and I'm pleased you find them well decorated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the second time, and it was even better than our first staying. We were there just before Christmas holidays and enjoyed fine decoration of the hotel. We were welcome guests and we really felt at home there. We found the staff of the hotel to be wonderful; they are extremely committed to providing a great experience for all their guests. Our room and the bathroom were very nice, and unexpectedly spacious for a hotel in the very center of London. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, so we had a good night's sleep after our busy days out. The concierge service is fantastic there: they do their best, they can answer any question and their recommendations are mega-helpful.
We were leaving early in the morning and as the result of my morning drowse I forgot my jewelry in the safe box. I realized that only the day after. I can't thank enough the house keeping staff, the front desk young ladies and specially – Sabina, who helped to find and send me back my jewelry in a very short time!
We would stay here again in a heartbeat and do not hesitate to recommend it to everyone as the best place to stay when visiting London (business or pleasure).This hotel has a feeling about it, a warmth and kindness that pervades.
Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year holiday to all of your staff! Let your thoughts and actions return to you as reality and results. Wishing you and your dear ones a wonderful Christmas time! See you in 2014!!!

Room Tip: 425 room and its bathroom are really spacious
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank everlastingtrip
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
It's wonderful to read that your second stay exceeded your expectations and that you found the staff wonderful. Our Concierge Team is very knowledgeable and are always aware of the latest events and attractions. I am pleased that your jewellery was found after your departure and that Sabina and the team had it returned in a safe and timely manner. We look forward to seeing you again in 2014.
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Just stayed there on dec18/19. Excellent location, and close to all the tourist spots in london. Would recommend the hotel. Gonna stay there next time i visit Londonium, and maybe visit the Queen next door. Ha ha ha

Kurien Thomas

Room Tip: First time. No recomendation
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Branca S, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Great to hear you had a wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back and hope you get the opportunity to visit Buckingham Palace!
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel is ideally located just 5 minutes from Regent Street, 10 Minutes to Oxford Street, 3 minutes to Green Park Station. We had a lovely large room which was very quiet to our surprise given that we were in the heart of Mayfair. Breakfast was a good selection. It is nice to be in smaller hotel in the heart of Mayfair and not a great big unfriendly one. We felt it offered great value for money for a four star hotel in such a great location. Only complaint was we had lunch and the ploughman's was a real let down with nasty cheap ham.

Room Tip: Room 78 & 79!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
It’s wonderful to read you enjoyed your stay with us, found our team welcoming and the hotel well located in central London. It’s disappointing to hear that your Ploughmans lunch did not meet expectations – I have passed your feedback on to our restaurant manager. I do look forward to welcoming you to Flemings again in the future.