“Super Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #170 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Super Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night with my husband and daughter over the Christmas period, as it was a birthday celebration for them both. On arrival we were greeted by extremley friendly and helpful staff who swiftly checked us in, directed us to the car parking (approx. 5 minute walk away). We were extremley lucky and had been upgraded to a one bedroom apartment which was fantastic! The hotel is conveniently situated for shopping and theatres and we were able to walk almost anywhere. In the evening, before heading out for dinner, the hotel very kindly brought us all a glass of champage to our room as a birthday celebration! The room was extremley clean and spacious, and was stocked with White Company toiletries, (which are my favourite) and overall the hotel was very boutique in style and smelt of orange and cinnamon when we arrrived (again I think this could be White Company Winter fragrance). All in all this hotel and our stay was fantastic and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. We have told all our friends and definatley plan to stay here again. Thank you so much to everyone at Flemings who made our stay so memorable!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Flemings Mayfair Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your room upgrade and felt that the hotel was in the perfect location for exploring all that London has to offer and thank you for recommending us to all your friends.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Flemings so that you can enjoy our team taking care of you once again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Personal service, convenient location and subtle elegance describe this hotel. You can walk almost anywhere and the underground and buses are very close. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Our room was very comfortable and there was plenty of space. Breakfast had lots of choices and was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen A
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful reveiw of Flemings Mayfair. I am pleased that you made the most of our excellent location and hope you found some of the hidden gems while walking around the local area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Worcestershire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed in Flemings while in London on business. Check in was smooth with an efficient friendly doorman. I asked for a quiet room and was given room 113. Five minutes later I was back in the lobby asking to move. Room 113 overlooks two very noisy air conditioning unit fans. (It is also EXTREMELY small, but so am I so that wouldn't have bothered me, but it is too small for a couple). I was given room 412, quieter but one can still hear the air conditioning fans. I suspect that one cannot escape them. This room was a little bigger with a decent size bathroom , BUT if I had paid for this myself I would be less happy. Neither room 113 or 412 are anything like as glamorous as the photographs on the hotel website. I am spoilt, I travel a lot and am used to 4 and 5* hotels in judging boutique hotels all over the world. Flemings is average in germs of rooms. The saving grace is that the staff are excellent and breakfast in the dining room is excellent. Usually I have room service but even I won't pay the exorbitant cost for a continental breakfast that this hotel charges!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank doormouse2
Thank you for your recent review and the kind comments regarding our staff. I am disappointed that you did not receive the requested room upon arrival and sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this. We do have many different styles and sizes of rooms and I would be disappointed should you choose not to stay with us again due to your previous room allocated. The next time you are travelling to London, please contact me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation process to ensure a more spacious and comfortable room is booked for you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a hotel that I would highly recommend. The staff, rooms, friendly and sincere service was well and truly above our expectations. From the time we arrived till the time we left it was always exceptional. Whenever we had a question they were very helpful with educated answers. The lounge was a good place to relax after a hard days walking and sight seeing. The rooms were a good size and clean and tidy.
Next time we go to London we will definitely stay there and advise others the same.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of Flemings Mayfair, I am so happy the staff exceeded your expectations and you found them sincere and helpful. We are all very happy that you had such an enjoyable stay and look forward to seeing you next time.
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

It was !
In fact...it was even better.
The amazing attention to detail & the friendliness of all of the staff is second to none.
A good hotel is so imporatnt when arranging a special-treat-break, & Flemings ticks all the boxes of providing everything one could want.
The rooms are sumptuous, & the cuisine perfection, served by an exemplory staff.
I rate this to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in & my standards are high.
An unexpected blip in the form of the fire alarm going off in the early hours, but this was dealt with rapidly, efficiently & professionally ensuring our safety & well being.
I was disgusted with the attitude of several guests who having had their sleep interupted said that they would expect "conpensation".
Such a sad attitude, especially when the incident was actually caused by one of the guests.
The staff had our utmost admiration in the manner in which they coped with this, & they couldn't have been kinder.
There is nothing that Flemings can do to improve their hotel, as it is second to none.
If a hotelier wants to know how a hotel should be run successfully, go no further than Flemings to find out. Thank you to all for making out stay in London memorably perfect. We shall return.

Room Tip: They are ALL of a high standard.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your return visit to Flemings Hotel!

I am delighted that the team were able to exceed your high standards and expectations you had of the Flemings Hotel and you were not disappointed from the moment you entered the hotel. We very much appreciate your kindness and understanding in regards to the evacuation which you thought was handled very efficiently.

We all look forward to welcoming you back before too long so that you can enjoy more of our newly redecorated rooms and please do contact me personally so I can make all the arrangements for a third glamorous stay.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Just returned from another stay at Flemings with my mother. This is the friendliest hotel we have stayed in, particularly in a place like London. The staff do everything possible to ensure your stay is memorable, Nothing is too much trouble for them. In fact all the staff appear to be happy in their work which reflects the atmosphere of this wonderful boutique hotel.

It has a beautiful smell as you enter the lobby, the lounge is very warm & comfortable with designer décor as is the dining room.

We had dinner in the hotel which was very good value and absolutely delicious. Our waiter was really charming & very attentive (I really wanted to mention his name but have returned home & forgotten it, think he was from Columbia!) Even when we are on a day trip to London we eat in this restaurant.

We had a twin room which was very comfortable with a very smart bathroom & WHITE COMPANY SMELLIES....that's when you know it's a smart place to stay!

Having stayed at the Ritz & The Savoy several times as a special treat by my husband I have to say I have never felt the need to put comments on trip adviser about either because they are as one would expect for the money you pay. Yes the Ritz is amazing BUT its not as personal & for the money I have to say Flemings is ABSOLUTELY GREAT.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I would highly recommend. Fantastic position for shops, tubes, buses & across the road you can get away from it all & take a short walk across the park to 'the' Palace. Best of all worlds.

Can't wait to return....thank you all at Flemings for your hard work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of recent stay at the Flemings Hotel.
I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations of what a stay at The Flemings Mayfair Hotel would be like. It is our great team here that proudly delivers personalised service with genuine care and I am glad that you felt this way.
We are all thrilled that you would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to your friends and we all hope to welcome you back before too long to your home away from home. We will ensure that you have another amazing time in London.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed for 5 nights over the New Years Day. Our room size was ok for 3 people, however, a king family room is really best for a couple. There were no drawers to unpack our clothes and the closet had attached hangers, which is not in line with a luxury hotel. The rooms and common areas were very clean and well maintained. Regarding the service, it was definitely inconsistent. Some days our room was cleaned early; other days is was still unmade at 3:30pm. There was a water main break in which the hotel lost water for a full day. Guests were offered shower and rest room services at the Hilton across the street, which was an inconvenience, especially in the winter, but we were grateful for this accommodation. We thought the hotel management should have offered some type of credit, rebate or free drinks, but their gesture was limited to a couple of free bottles of water. The concierge service was lacking in staff who were well informed about tourist attractions. Yes, the hotel has free wi-fi, but it is limited to the common areas and is very slow. Paid wi-fi was pricey at GBP15 per day!

Room Tip: Elevator is very slow, so we were happy to be on a low floor and use the staircase. Tip for summer...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank E H
Thank you for your review on your recent stay.
I am disappointed that the room did not meet your expectations with regards to the size that was allocated to you. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the loss of water during your stay’ this was caused due to a burst pipe on Clarges Street.
Please do contact the Guest Services team once you are ready to make a new reservation and I will ensure we will make all the necessary arrangements in order for your next stay to be a fabulous one.