“Such a great hotel!”

Ranked #171 of 1,090 Hotels in London
essex
“Such a great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here overnight -as we had theater booked for the matinee & a meal booked with friends, so thought make a weekend of it!
The hotel was superb from start to end - the staff were all fab the room - just a standard was small but perfect, the bed very comfy so a good night sleep was had - and we heard no other guests which was amazing!

Room Tip: We stayed just one night so was happy with the room at the back -
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your review of Flemings Mayfair, we are all delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. I am pleased that you found the room perfect and the staff so helpful, we look forward to seeing you next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Flemings last week during a short break in London. We have stayed before and again we were not disappointed. The room was a reasonable size with a seating area, the bathroom was quite small but manageable for a short break. The Hotel is in a very good location for London attractions many of which you can easily walk to if you wish. The staff are all very helpful and pleasant and nothing is too much trouble. There is a pleasant lounge area for a light lunch/ coffee/ tea and also a downstairs bar as well as the main restaurant. The food was good.
Our room was on the first floor facing an inner court yard which we found quieter than a room facing the street.
We would definitely return to Flemings.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can have some traffic noise from cars/taxis until after midnight. Rooms away...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Flemings Meyfair Hotel.
We are delighted that you choose to stay with us again and you were not disappointed in any aspect. In order to have a perfect stay each time, I will ensure you will be assigned a room away from the street just to avoid any traffic noise.
Please contact me personally once you decide to make a new reservation and I will take care of all the details in order for your stay to be as you and I would both wish.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We came across this hotel after winning a competition on Twitter. When we arrived the check in was done smoothly and was told that we had been upgraded to an executive room, much to our delight.
The room was very big and with a big comfy bed which was good after walking round London all day.The room was very clean and the decor was up to date. The only bad point was the view outside our window which was an air conditioning duct/unit thing.
We didn't Eat at the hotel as it was Chinese new year so we decided to eat in china town instead, but the menu did look good.
The bar was lovely with a trendy atmosphere.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. All in all a very lovely hotel and would come back in the future.Thank you Flemmings for choosing me as a competition winner.
All in all we were happy with our stay and would return in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay at Flemings Mayfair Hotel and congratulations on being one of the winners of the Secret Santa competition! Be sure to continue to follow us on Twitter for our latest promotions and competitions.
We are delighted to learn that you liked the room, the decor and our team here.
Please contact the Guest Services Team on your return visit and I will ensure you will be assigned a quieter room.
We are all ooking forward to welcoming you back very soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of our favourites in London. Rooms are spacious and immaculate. Food, ambience and service second to none. Location convenient for shepherds market restaurants if you want to try something different. We will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2014
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your recent experience at the Flemings Mayfair Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you found the food and service second to none and that you truly enjoyed our comfortable and immaculate bedrooms.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to your “home away from home”!
Haslemere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night with my husband and daughter over the Christmas period, as it was a birthday celebration for them both. On arrival we were greeted by extremley friendly and helpful staff who swiftly checked us in, directed us to the car parking (approx. 5 minute walk away). We were extremley lucky and had been upgraded to a one bedroom apartment which was fantastic! The hotel is conveniently situated for shopping and theatres and we were able to walk almost anywhere. In the evening, before heading out for dinner, the hotel very kindly brought us all a glass of champage to our room as a birthday celebration! The room was extremley clean and spacious, and was stocked with White Company toiletries, (which are my favourite) and overall the hotel was very boutique in style and smelt of orange and cinnamon when we arrrived (again I think this could be White Company Winter fragrance). All in all this hotel and our stay was fantastic and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. We have told all our friends and definatley plan to stay here again. Thank you so much to everyone at Flemings who made our stay so memorable!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Flemings Mayfair Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your room upgrade and felt that the hotel was in the perfect location for exploring all that London has to offer and thank you for recommending us to all your friends.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Flemings so that you can enjoy our team taking care of you once again!
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Personal service, convenient location and subtle elegance describe this hotel. You can walk almost anywhere and the underground and buses are very close. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Our room was very comfortable and there was plenty of space. Breakfast had lots of choices and was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen A
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful reveiw of Flemings Mayfair. I am pleased that you made the most of our excellent location and hope you found some of the hidden gems while walking around the local area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Worcestershire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed in Flemings while in London on business. Check in was smooth with an efficient friendly doorman. I asked for a quiet room and was given room 113. Five minutes later I was back in the lobby asking to move. Room 113 overlooks two very noisy air conditioning unit fans. (It is also EXTREMELY small, but so am I so that wouldn't have bothered me, but it is too small for a couple). I was given room 412, quieter but one can still hear the air conditioning fans. I suspect that one cannot escape them. This room was a little bigger with a decent size bathroom , BUT if I had paid for this myself I would be less happy. Neither room 113 or 412 are anything like as glamorous as the photographs on the hotel website. I am spoilt, I travel a lot and am used to 4 and 5* hotels in judging boutique hotels all over the world. Flemings is average in germs of rooms. The saving grace is that the staff are excellent and breakfast in the dining room is excellent. Usually I have room service but even I won't pay the exorbitant cost for a continental breakfast that this hotel charges!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank doormouse2
Thank you for your recent review and the kind comments regarding our staff. I am disappointed that you did not receive the requested room upon arrival and sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this. We do have many different styles and sizes of rooms and I would be disappointed should you choose not to stay with us again due to your previous room allocated. The next time you are travelling to London, please contact me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation process to ensure a more spacious and comfortable room is booked for you.