“Good, with a potential”

Ranked #148 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Good, with a potential”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The location is excellent, central and yet quiet. It is within walking distance to all of Central London, In addition, a few minutes away, Green Park tube station offers the intersection of three underground lines to take you anywhere in the Greater London area, also with a direct connection to Heathrow airport. Another advantage is nearby Shepherd's market offering a multitude of different restaurants, some of which are rather good.
The staff is friendly and fairly efficient. The hotel has distinctive style.

On the downside: most single rooms are tiny, too tiny to turn around. In many cases windows do not open. The AC is noisy and not very effective. The breakfast room is wildly overpriced, so it is advisable to have breakfast outside.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Oystein N
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your review of Flemings Mayfair Hotel, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly and efficient. I am disappointed the single room you booked did not meet your expectations and you experienced problems with the air conditioning. Please do contact our Guest Services team prior to your next stay on Guest.Services@flemings.co.uk and we will assist you with the reservation process and ensure you are advised of all the room categories available for your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at, and reviewed, this hotel back in March 2013, a year ago.
I said then that I would certainly return on my next visit to this part of London ... and I did.

The hotel is still as stylish, suave and sophisticated as it was a year ago. The check-in process was smooth, the staff were friendly, and it still held it own in terms of value-for-money in this area of the city.

However...

...this time I needed wi-fi. There is free wi-fi in the public areas, but in-room wi-fi incurs a charge. Fortunately, my room was close enough to a public area to (just about) pick up the free access. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I would have expected free in-room wi-fi for a hotel of this quality (and price).

...and this time I had breakfast, which was very disappointing. It was, quite possibly, the smallest buffet I have EVER seen in a hotel.

The hotel is still "very good", but I have stopped short of an "excellent" on this occasion, largely because of these two issues. Yes, I'd stay there again, undoubtedly, but I would just check other hotels in the area to see if they've got any special offers for my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near reception for access to the free public-area wi-fi ... but obviously don't e...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review and I am pleased you still found the Hotel to be stylish and suave on your second visit and the staff friendly. I would like to assure you that we do have complimentary internet access in the public areas and the guest bedrooms and I am sorry if this was not made known to you on your recent stay. Additionally we have recently upgraded our networks and we do have a high speed internet access available in the rooms however this service is chargeable. I am disappointed that you found the breakfast buffet limited and your comments have been shared with our Head Chef. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel really worked for my wife and I. Very well located, just a short walk from Green Park underground station. As the hotel was so well located we didn't use the facilities, hence i can't give it a 5 star review. Around the corner (1 minute walk) was Shepherds Market, bars and restaurants. I don't like paying £20 for a breakfast so we got on the underground and went to Borough Market. Be warned, Mayfair hotels, in fact London hotels have small rooms for the money. The price for this hotel was fair but will feel a lot for the size you get. Overall, a good stay with friendly staff and a well run hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your review of Flemings Mayfair, I am pleased you had a good stay and found the staff friendly and professional. I appreciate that you did not have an opportunity to dine in the Hotel and hope you will do so on your next visit, so we can receive that extra star on your next review. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Swanage
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We love Flemings and have returned twice in the past year. Centrally located, great area nearby in Shepherds Market and a lovely modern hotel in traditional surroundings.
The staff are great. The food is great. The accommodation is great.
We will be back again in the future

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your fabulous review of Flemings Mayfair, we are so pleased to see you had another great stay. We all look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The position of this hotel is perfect for shoppers. On their doorstep they have several arcades, Bond Street, Jermyn Street etc. The hotel is a short walk from Green Park tube. I had asked for an early check in if a room was available and they accommodated my wish. The room was welcoming and clean. I also liked the hand written card welcoming me back with a small edible gift. We were in room 226 which over looks Half Moon Street which I particularly like. Breakfast was excellent and Flemings have to be commended on the first hotel in London to serve hot toast! I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: I like to over look Half Moon Street, but some people may be disturbed by late night and early morni...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carol P
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your review following another enjoyable stay at Flemings Mayfair. I am pleased that our Guest Services team were able to accommodate your early arrival request and that you found the room welcoming and clean. Our Head Chef has designed an A ‘la carte English Breakfast menu and I'm pleased that you found the quality of the food excellent. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We recently re-visited the Hotel and had not been for a few years. The Hotel was good back then, but it is totally superb now. The Staff could not be any more helpful and friendly, the room was out of this world; so comfortable and with equipped with everything you could need. The breakfast was totally amazing. Location is ideal, within minutes of Green Park tube and also within walking distance of most of the major stores, theatres and sights. Would highly recommend and will definitely be returning soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review after your second stay here at Flemings Mayfair. We are all so pleased to read that you have noticed the improvements in the level of service and product we are delivering here at Flemings, as we are always looking for new ways to enhance our guests experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another superb stay.
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great location with excellent service. Elevator was slow and hallways were narrow, but they just added to the character of the hotel. The only real issue, all be it minor was the Wi-Fi which was spotty. They also limit the hotel computer use for printing boarding passes to 15 min with a slow connection. If it was not for the Wi-Fi and computer I would rate it a 5. Perfect location, comfortable rooms and great service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frank O
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for you review of Flemings Mayfair and your comments regarding our excellent service. I am pleased to say that since your stay, we have upgraded to a high speed internet network and removed the time limit on the guest computer. I am sure you will notice the difference on your next visit and be able to post your 5 star review.